Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Next season first episode! what will happen?

minimax34

[1]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 58
    What do you think we will see in the first episode of the 3 season?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TallGuyMe

[2]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 6
    I have a feeling it'll start by recapping the season finale, then jumping ahead another 3-6 months... most of the humans will be enslaved... most of the regulars will be doing strike raids on the prison camps... Galactica and Pegasus will pop back in, do a little damage, and pop out again... keep doing little raids like that.. maybe even do something with the Pegasus where they rig it to explode to wipe out a bunch of the Cylon fleet... although, I guess it would make sense to rig the Galactica, as it's an older ship... but... then you'd have to rename the show.

Honestly, who knows... I've read on various BSG boards how negatively people have been reacting to the season finale... I'm not sure how I feel yet, but one thing... you gotta give the shows creators/writers credit.. they are willing to throw convention out the window... and take some risks... some chances... it's the most well written, complex show on TV. It's refreshing to see such cajones on the creators of the show... I watch the show, and I feel that any character, could be killed off, at any time... I don't feel like anyone is safe... and although that thought makes me a bit uneasy watching each episode, I prefer things being shaken up every now and again, rather than just the same old same old, ala "Lost", where nothing friggin' ever happens ever!

Damned this show is hot. Love it.

kanniballl

[3]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 18
    Maybe not the first episode, but...

A Cylon Civil War?

Bear with me now, this isn't fan fiction. If they keep with the status-quo then the whole season will be a repeat of the Caprica scenes from the earlier seasons. Crappy conditions, humans fearing the Cylons around them, etc. It's been done.

They'll probably need something more. Perhaps making the humans work together with some of the Cylons, kind of like the Boomer scenario on steroids.

Here's my theory. Before the "missing year" the Cylons changed their habits: they go from "God's Love" to "There is no God" partly because of a big event, the hybrid's birth, fell through.

When the revelation that the baby did in fact survive comes to light, the Cylons will become divided on how to persue their lives.

Then again, most of the fanatical religious spouting was coming from the Cylon in Baltar's head who wasn't really a Cylon. Maybe she/it is a re-envisionment of the mysterious characters from the old series: either the fallen one or the people in white. So perhaps they weren't as religious as we think.
    Edited on 03/11/2006 2:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

joeadonis1

[4]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 8
    Ive got a real bad feeling this is all Baltars dream.

jcastro20111

[5]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    Early in season 3 we will find out that the following has happened in the first year on New Caprica:

Rosslyn, Adm Adama, Starbuck, and a few others have been planning for Cylon return. Rosslyn was not able to let go of her belief that Baltar is a Cylon collaborator and has been able to convince Adama, Starbuck, and a few other trusted associates to come up with some plan just in case.

Gina was resurected, and became Hero or the Day. She became more popular than Sharon and Caprica 6. Because of her treatment on Pegasus she was able to sway many of the cylons against from the peace movement. We will learn that Gina is the 6 model that Baltar surrendered to.

freklez

[6]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 3
    joeadonis1 wrote:

HA! That would be freakin halarious

qwed88

[7]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    Im thinking the fact that Rossyln, has Cylon blood in her will eventually have an impact on the show later, I don't know if that will happen next season or not.

Appolo looks like he's aged allot in a years time, and looks bitter (He was in love with Starbuck lol)

Is Six, Lucifer from the original series?

Also I was reading this, I guess it was some of the original ideas for a BattleStar Galactica remake, but some of the ideas seem familiar, I'm kinda rewatching some of the original series. I would image some of the old story lines would be revamped and update in upcoming episodes.

qwed88

[8]Mar 11, 2006
    oh yeah this is the link to what i was reading

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/newfilms.htm

FrakkingFrakker

[9]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 28
    joeadonis1 wrote:

Oh! I've got a better idea! Let's just have someone say "Computer, end program..." And it turns out the whole series was a holodeck adventure!

legolasa-

[10]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    I believe the'll make another jump in time, maybe 5 years orso. Showing on one hand an enslaved human race with people like starbuck, roslin, ... doing covert strikes on anything cylon and on the other hand a still heavely undermand colonial fleet, beeing chased ( as always ) by the cylons.

imo there are a number of options for the story to continue.
    what I'm sure about is that the'll show what happend in the year between setteling on new caprica and the cylon enslavement and what happend in the time between season 2 and season 3.
    As I stated before I believe that the people on new caprica will be doing covert strikes on teh cylons.
    that just leaves the colonial fleet.

I can think of only 2 senarios for them.
    - The're going back to new caprica for a hopeless fight to save whats left of mankind. (considering that pegasus and galactica are heavely undermanned and the're insanly outnumbered I doubt the adama's would risk this)
    - or option 2 the colonial fleet will continue there search for earth in the hope that they will find it at a technologicly advanced enough state to help the colonies in there fight against the cylons and to supply a fleet great enough to retake new caprica.

anyway, whatever will happen I'll love it and that it will be on a pretty grand scale.

jcastro20111

[11]Mar 12, 2006
    We are making an assumption that the cylons are there to enslave or otherwise to bad things to humanity. We did not see the entire conversation they with Baltar and the cabinet. Maybe they come in Peace or to protect the people on the planet. Say from another faction of Cylon, or even a greater threat.

---
    Carlos

novGREEn-C

[12]Mar 12, 2006
    Never forget. He surrenders. That is hardly the reaction to a peace offer. But you are right. There is lots of room and I am sure the producer will find their way of suprising us AGAIN.

nov

X0TiC

[13]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 4
    joeadonis1 wrote:

same here...

1st of 3rd him waking up. realizing what will happen. step down from office.. lol ?

inzombia

[14]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 5
    Well, after the show ended, there was this promo that featured Six saying that the Cylons would be like God, in that their infinite love and mercy would be matched only by their power and control. It was creepy.

FrakkingFrakker

[15]Mar 12, 2006
    I agree, the teaser points very heavily to this not being a dream but a new reality for the rag tag...well, they're not a fleet anymore, are they? The rag tag New Capricans?... or how about the unlucky frakkers?....in any case...

Yeah, teaser thing creepy. After the shock of the last twenty minutes, the teaser gave me hope that it was the right decision. Though...all the images were re-used from previous. Guess we have to wait till they go into production to get real shots from Season 3!

Kommandot

[16]Mar 12, 2006
    Im not so sure about the whole enslaving New Caprica thing, i mean for all we know, the cylons are trying an entirely new concept of dealing with the human race, maybe they want to cooperate or something.. Anyways i don't see the point of having humans as slaves if you've got robots, it just doesn't make sense.
    Edited on 03/12/2006 10:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

FrakkingFrakker

[17]Mar 12, 2006
    Payback. Humans enslaved Cylons...Cylons enslave humans.

sith909

[18]Mar 12, 2006
    It does not seem the cylons came to enslave them exactly in my opinion i feel the cylons will hold the opinion that humanity refuses to learn from there mistakes and that they need direction. They will probably somewhat forcibly guide how the humans live their lives

Jammet

[19]Mar 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    Maybe the cylons realised that their plan and campaign against the humans indeed had a flaw. That flaw being the eradication of all humans on the planets. Or near-extinction.

The cylons built farms to harvest human parts and babies. Maybe all they need is humans. Lots and lots of humans. For whatever purpose.

So, the cylons would be more than happy to lure humans into a peace treaty and/or have them settle down on a planet, lay down their burdens, relax, dull out ...

And when the time is right, close the trap and have a good full supply of humans. For ... whatever it is they want to do with them. Parts for more cylon (manufactoring), more babies, more experiments, more goo to fill the Raiders with, food or energy, whatever.

Cordata

[20]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 11
    joeadonis1 wrote:

Maybe he will wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette.

No wait, that's already been done...