Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

NOTE: Season 4.5 will include 11 episodes

123home123

[1]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 55
    In case you didn't know yet, Season 4.5 will indeed have 11 separate episodes, including a 3-part series finale to be broadcast over two weeks.

"Daybreak", the name of the series finale, will include Part 1 on Fri., Mar. 13, 2009 as a one-hour episode. Part 2 and Part 3 will air back-to-back on Fri., Mar. 20, 2009, as an expanded two-hour broadcast on the Sci Fi Channel.

There will also be a "Battlestar Galactica Finale Special" airing a few times that week. "Daybreak, Part 1" will repeat on Mar. 20 at 8 pm, followed immediately by the premiere of "Daybreak, Part 2" and "Daybreak, Part 3".

The Sci Fi Channel will air BSG marathons on the evening of Thur., Mar. 19 and all day long on Fri., Mar. 20 -- 19 hours straight (followed by the Sci Fi Channel Original Movie "The Last Sentinel," which stars Katee Sackhoff, if you're interested).

Here's the info in list form (all times Eastern Time):

"BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FINALE SPECIAL"
    Mon. Mar. 16 10 pm
    Tue. Mar. 17 8 am
    Wed. Mar. 18 12 midnight and 3 pm

"BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MARATHONS"
    Thur. Mar. 19 7-11 pm "No Exit," "Deadlock," "Someone to Watch Over Me," "Islanded in a Stream of Stars"
    Fri. Mar. 20 1 am "Battlestar Galactica Finale Special"
    Fri. Mar. 20 8 am-7 pm Final 3 episodes of Season 4.0 and first 8 episodes of Season 4.5
    7 pm "Battlestar Galactica Finale Special"
    8 pm "Daybreak, Part 1"
    9 pm "Daybreak, Part 2" - PREMIERE BROADCAST
    10 pm "Daybreak, Part 3" - PREMIERE BROADCAST
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

psychickiller

[2]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    Woohoo! When that three-part 'Daybreak' ends I'm probably gonna cry.

scififan12921

[3]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    Sounds like a day to turn off the phone and keep the "stims" coming( I recommend caffeine as the stim of course)

Kondix

[4]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 11
    This will be a great day I hope... the end to a true epic... and the wait for the complete-all-inclusive-DVD-box-set will beginn.

And of course for The Plan and Caprica...

... no more forever waiting for the next season, at least that pain is over!

my1sunshine

[5]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    Is there an airdate announced for "The Plan" yet?

123home123

[6]Feb 9, 2009
    Not that I'm aware of.

sean2evo

[7]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    Does anyone know if the BSG season 4.5 finale is going to give us closure to the story? Or are they leaving everything up in the air so they can continue along in DVD release movies?

seantuck

[8]Feb 11, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that once the series is done with episodes they wont add any more to how they end it. The Plan is set in the past on how the Cylons devised the plan to nuke the colonies, i think. So the movie wont add anything to the finale.

Kondix

[9]Feb 11, 2009
    Well... the peope involved in the creation of this show said this on numerous occasions... The finale is final... the way they end it leaves no room for more movies... besides all the sets have already been destroyed and the cast, writers and directors moved on to other projects. I think it is save to say, after Daybrake trilogy we will not learn of the further fates of the survivors... if there will be any...
    Edited on 02/11/2009 12:42pm

123home123

[10]Feb 11, 2009
    All the props and costumes are in the process of being sold off too so it would be prohibitively expensive to do more BSG movies, unless they came up with a story that didn't require all the familiar sets and props. Many of the actors have already gone onto other TV shows too. That might not be a limiting factor though. A 90-min. (actual time) TV movie doesn't have enough screen time to feature more than a few characters so if they ever decided to make another TV movie after "The Plan", they wouldn't need to bring all the actors back. But all this is unlikely.

So "The Plan" will probably be the last installment of BSG for now, although Caprica will be starting up next year (with the pilot available on DVD this spring).

sean2evo

[11]Feb 11, 2009
    Hmm. Wonder where I got the idea that they were going to do a chain of BSG movies. Probably because I thought the show was to awesome not to make more & because they're doing that with SGA and SG-1 and they are only half as good as BSG so why not do BSG to. Sad news but at least I hope the finale gives me satisfaction and closure.

hazelnut144

[12]Feb 11, 2009
    I kind of prefer them ending it properly and not leaving it to fate how many movies they will be able to do. They COULD do some more prequel movies, like "The Plan" and "Razor", but I am pretty sure that "Daybreak" will be a final conclusion.

Kondix

[13]Feb 11, 2009
    I think it is best for BSG to end it. They should focus on Caprica and Virtuality right now, make sure we have something to watch in the future.

As someone stated earlier somewhere... Something can be a piece of art only if finished... otherwise it is just a work in progress... lay BSG to sleep, leave it alone... or we all will have to face the same thing that happend to Star Wars: Fanboy Civil War

zukiki

[14]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 10

sean2evo wrote:
    Hmm. Wonder where I got the idea that they were going to do a chain of BSG movies.

Back when The Plan was in early stages of the rumor-mill. There was talk of making 3 TV-movies, but it was never confirmed and Ron Moore himself said it was very unlikely that there would be more BSG.

scififan12921

[15]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    Kondix wrote:
    I think it is best for BSG to end it. They should focus on Caprica and Virtuality right now, make sure we have something to watch in the future.

As someone stated earlier somewhere... Something can be a piece of art only if finished... otherwise it is just a work in progress... lay BSG to sleep, leave it alone... or we all will have to face the same thing that happend to Star Wars: Fanboy Civil War

I absolutely agree. Let's have it go out with finality and no unanswered questions. I was a big Pretender fan and when they went to do the follow up movies they did two and left us hanging-7 years and counting!!

huntress1013

[16]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    Thank you for the information. I guess that Special will be a re-cap episode of all the seasons,so that people who might not have seen the whole series will be able to follow the finale. I am looking forward but also dreading the finale because then it will be truly over and I don't want BSG to end. : sniff :