Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Now that we know who the 5th is, how does s/he fit into the Last Supper pic.

Bionetic

[1]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 8

In hind sight it appears that the pic places emphasis on relationships.

I now think the Six next to Tigh is the Six he has been intimate with. In the pic we also see the relationship between Helo and Athena, Kara and Anders, Baltar and the Six in his head, and Apollo 'seems' to be by himself. Apparently the empty seat between Apollo and Saul was meant for Ellen, the fifth Cylon. Her placement was meant to represent her relationship with Saul. Apparently her absence is due to her death. On a side note the distance between Adama and Roselin represents their relationship. Perhaps it illustrates Roselin's fear of getting close to anyone.

On http://www.spacewesterns.com/articles/60/ it shows a few alternative versions of this pic which shows the relationship between Lee and Kara, as well as the relationship between Baltar and Tyrol.

Another thought, they may have conscidered making Duala the fifth cylon. I say that because the gap between Tigh and Lee could have also been for Duala. It would have illustrated the relationship between Lee and Duala.

It would have made more sense conscidering that in the original version of the pic, Lee was all by himself.
    Edited on 01/17/2009 9:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

queenk123

[2]Jan 17, 2009
    and of course the cup in Ellen's spot is representative of how she died (poisoned drink) and why she's not there ...

Andrew-SG

[3]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 1

Dee is a final

Everybody with there wife's or lovers

Just Apollo sit alone and Te ...

ChoixAkion

[4]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 2

They are taking us for a ride with Tighs final comment. Don't forget Kara found her own dead body and lets not forget the whole "cylon earth" had a bunch of people that don't fit at all.

I think what we will find is there are a lot of other cylons however the last of the final 5 will be the one to lead everyone to a new home.

queenk123

[5]Jan 18, 2009
    Andrew-SG wrote:

Dee is a final

Everybody with there wife's or lovers

Just Apollo sit alone and Te ...

I hope your right ... I was so disappointed when she died

MrBovineOrdure

[6]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 6

I'm wondering if Rosalyn burning the book of Pythia explains the little fire beside her?

Mr BO

Daxx00004

[7]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

I'm wondering if Rosalyn burning the book of Pythia explains the little fire beside her?

Mr BO

Good catch that. Exactly correct I am sure.

123home123

[8]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 55
    I was wondering whether Ellen as in that Last Supper picture. Does her absence mean that the producers were not quite being truthful when they described that picture? Maybe.

psychickiller

[9]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    123home123 wrote:
    I was wondering whether Ellen as in that Last Supper picture. Does her absence mean that the producers were not quite being truthful when they described that picture? Maybe.

What do you mean? The producers said the Final Cylon isn't in the picture.
    Edited on 01/20/2009 6:06am

MrBovineOrdure

[10]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 6

Everything I've read says that the producers hadn't decided on Ellen until the end of the 3rd season. This photo was made about mid way through production of the 4th wasn't it?

I get the feeling they knew who it was going to be (and who it wasn't going to be) by the time they made this photo.

Mr BO

Edited on 01/20/2009 10:56am

pashao

[11]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 13

My take on some of the placements in the picture. Lee sits beside former president Baltar, As we have seen Lee has his own ideas of being president one day. maybe he's just as slimy and manipulative has Baltar. The six sitting next to Roslin is Natalie. Just like Roslin she was a leader of her people. Natalie is pointing to head six, in hindsight she could be accusing head six for being responsible for her death at the hands of Athena/Sharon. After all it wasn't Natalie that featured in Sharon's dreams but Sharon killed her anyway. Did she know something we didn't or was that a plot device to get the hybrid to jump the ship? I digress.

The knife Tyroll is holding is a symbol of being knifed in the back by Tori who killed Cally. As couples go Roslin and Adama are pretty far apart but they can also be seen as two book ends keeping the group together.

Jeric-Ho

[12]Jan 20, 2009
    • level: 34
    I have a feeling that Tigh's comment is leading us on, and it is someone else, but now looiking at the last supper picture, it would make sense that the gap between Tigh and Apollo is where Ellen should be, hence the chalice representing her death from being poisoned from the drink, and Tigh is looking in the direction of the chalice, but i do wonder if it is infact Ellen, where does she fit into the story as one of the final 5, considering hee death she cannot do much more to affect the story can she? unless she somehow comes back? which could be possible, as we know that Tigh, Tyrol, Tory and Anders died before and are still alive, so maybe they are reborn, so if this is true, then is Ellen still alive? also we know that when Tigh died in the nuclear blast he had short hair, and Adama said he has known him for 30 years and remebers when he used to have hair/longer hair, so when they die do they come back as a newborn child and grow up again?

Bionetic

[13]Jan 20, 2009
    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    I have a feeling that Tigh's comment is leading us on, and it is someone else, but now looiking at the last supper picture, it would make sense that the gap between Tigh and Apollo is where Ellen should be, hence the chalice representing her death from being poisoned from the drink, and Tigh is looking in the direction of the chalice, but i do wonder if it is infact Ellen, where does she fit into the story as one of the final 5, considering hee death she cannot do much more to affect the story can she? unless she somehow comes back? which could be possible, as we know that Tigh, Tyrol, Tory and Anders died before and are still alive, so maybe they are reborn, so if this is true, then is Ellen still alive? also we know that when Tigh died in the nuclear blast he had short hair, and Adama said he has known him for 30 years and remebers when he used to have hair/longer hair, so when they die do they come back as a newborn child and grow up again?

On the "You will know the truth" website there is a video where someone comes off a Raptor (those helicopter looking things). They don't show who it is, but everyone they do show seems to be in shock, like it's someone they would have never expected to see. Maybe it's possible Dee or Ellen might return?

Jeric-Ho

[14]Jan 20, 2009
    Bionetic wrote:

On the "You will know the truth" website there is a video where someone comes off a Raptor (those helicopter looking things). They don't show who it is, but everyone they do show seems to be in shock, like it's someone they would have never expected to see. Maybe it's possible Dee or Ellen might return?

Where is the video? can you post a link?

Bionetic

[15]Jan 22, 2009
    Jeric-Ho wrote:
    Bionetic wrote:

Where is the video? can you post a link?

Here's the link. http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/youwillknowthetruth/index.php?pageid=200

Jeric-Ho

[16]Jan 26, 2009
    Thanks

AegisAtreyu

[17]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 17
    At first I thought that Ellen may be the aged version of the Number six model during the first part of the season mainly because of Tigh's visions. It makes perfect sense that she would be the fifth though. Before the announcement Dualla's death shocked me (just as she seemed to be coming back into the story) and made me suspicious though. The Holy Grail/Chalice makes sense in marking those that are missing/dead as do the glasses of water. Ellen as the Chalice and Dualla between Lee and Baltar, Cally next to Tyrol (although due to her relationship with Anders that could be Tori as well which may throw the deceased theory out the window).

MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Mr BO

Anyone notice the books as well with Rosalyn and her fire with a closed book and Adama with an open one possibly signifying he starts to believe in the Pythian prophecies while she burns them.

Bionetic

[18]Jan 30, 2009
    AegisAtreyu wrote:
    At first I thought that Ellen may be the aged version of the Number six model during the first part of the season mainly because of Tigh's visions. It makes perfect sense that she would be the fifth though. Before the announcement Dualla's death shocked me (just as she seemed to be coming back into the story) and made me suspicious though. The Holy Grail/Chalice makes sense in marking those that are missing/dead as do the glasses of water. Ellen as the Chalice and Dualla between Lee and Baltar, Cally next to Tyrol (although due to her relationship with Anders that could be Tori as well which may throw the deceased theory out the window).

MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Mr BO

Anyone notice the books as well with Rosalyn and her fire with a closed book and Adama with an open one possibly signifying he starts to believe in the Pythian prophecies while she burns them.

That's another really astute observation AegisAtreyu.