We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

Uruguayan

[201]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 2

I think the answer was located in the second season and the final cylon could be Tom Zarek, Ellen Tigh, kat or Billy. Baltar could be, but for me it is very hard to believe because his character has new direction to go - religion conflict. The war of Gods in this version of Galactica will (or is) be monotheism (Balthar and the Cylons) X polytheism (Roslin and the most humans). ETs or Light things, will destroy this magnificent serie.

My bet is Ellen Tigh.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jdbond

[202]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 6

tuckercase wrote:
    It's not Blatar or Starbuck ~ Too obvious. The writing is far too clever for that. "Key members of the fleet"... and archetype characters as well (common man, priest/monk, rebel, warrior, healer). The final Cylon can and WILL be Lee Adama (bank on it). Have we all forgotten Leoban's prescient comment from a few years ago : "Adama is a cylon"? How long had it been since Lee last saw his Dad before the Galactica decomissioning ceremony (that he didn't even want to attend)? Starbuck and (Cylon) Lee will find Earth, be the final survivors, and beome "Adam & Eve". In the final "shock"... Lee will be the "One to be revealed". Best question in this link : Adama: word manipulation of the name of the first man according to Biblical myth, Adam. Does this mean that the Adamas are humans of the first generation on earth? Or are they first-generation Cylons, or leaders, unwittingly or wittingly leading the Cylons to Earth?

Thats nice but it's a known fact that Lee Adama, Baltar, Roslyn, Bill Adama, Starbuck and Helo are not cylon.

Try this picture. The missing person is the 12th cylon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34527294@N00/2177726792/sizes/l/

jdbond

[203]Apr 28, 2008
    Uruguayan wrote:

I think the answer was located in the second season and the final cylon could be Tom Zarek, Ellen Tigh, kat or Billy. Baltar could be, but for me it is very hard to believe because his character has new direction to go - religion conflict. The war of Gods in this version of Galactica will (or is) be monotheism (Balthar and the Cylons) X polytheism (Roslin and the most humans). ETs or Light things, will destroy this magnificent serie.

My bet is Ellen Tigh.

Ellen Tigh is dead. Six said that she sensed all five of them. Unless Ellen is alive and hiding or ...

Billy is dead too.

Tom Zarek is a good candidate along with gaeta, apollo's wife,...

Uruguayan

[204]Apr 28, 2008
    When Ellen was killed by Tigh, The Cylons was near, she could be downloaded...my bet is Ellen, but Tom Zarek is also suspect.

my1sunshine

[205]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    Uruguayan wrote:

The war of Gods in this version of Galactica will (or is) be monotheism (Balthar and the Cylons) X polytheism (Roslin and the most humans). ETs or Light things, will destroy this magnificent serie.

My bet is Ellen Tigh.

Okay. No lights. But would you rule out a Count Iblis type of Character? As for Ellen, It can't be anyone dead, unless the Five have their own resurrection ship, which I would think unlikely. The Seven don't know the faces of the five, and they would if they were ressurection material.

Uruguayan

[206]Apr 28, 2008
    my1sunshine wrote:
    Uruguayan wrote:

The war of Gods in this version of Galactica will (or is) be monotheism (Balthar and the Cylons) X polytheism (Roslin and the most humans). ETs or Light things, will destroy this magnificent serie.

My bet is Ellen Tigh.

Okay. No lights. But would you rule out a Count Iblis type of Character? As for Ellen, It can't be anyone dead, unless the Five have their own resurrection ship, which I would think unlikely. The Seven don't know the faces of the five, and they would if they were ressurection material.

This serie version is so diferent from Galactica 1978 and considering all story from actual version, i think that will be an error getting ETs, Light Spirits or Beings, Cout Iblis, etc from the original story. I love the old serie, but now is diferent and great, the best i've seen. It's only my opinion.

The religion conflict (or War of Gods) is only about Gods X God, Roslin X Baltar, Polytheism X Monotheism. I read something about the last final five appeared in second season...than, i think Ellen or Tom Zarek...

jdbond

[207]Apr 29, 2008

Uruguayan wrote:
    When Ellen was killed by Tigh, The Cylons was near, she could be downloaded...my bet is Ellen, but Tom Zarek is also suspect.

1) Are you saying that other 7 know the 12th cylon? Obviously they have no clue about the last 5. Also, it has been established that final five were on the BSG at the beginning of the season.

2) We also know that last 5 are very different from first 7. It's safe to assume that there is only one copy of final five and once they die, they will die. So chances of Ellen being the 12th cylon is very very remote.

typhon89

[208]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 4

I say the final Cylon is someone we know, but none of the main main characters. It could be Zak Adama or Tom Zarek...

Adama is a Cylon.. said Leoben to Roslin during 1st season, so maybe it is Zak Adama who is.

Uruguayan

[209]Apr 29, 2008
    jdbond wrote:

Uruguayan wrote:

1) Are you saying that other 7 know the 12th cylon? Obviously they have no clue about the last 5. Also, it has been established that final five were on the BSG at the beginning of the season.

2) We also know that last 5 are very different from first 7. It's safe to assume that there is only one copy of final five and once they die, they will die. So chances of Ellen being the 12th cylon is very very remote.

Ok, you get a point, but i have a sensation that Cavill (Dean Stockwell)knows more than we can imagine and also remote, it's possible.

Caprica six said to Baltar she can not talk about final five...so, they know or do not know? They could know, but may have some kind of mental blockade, certainly has. Another resurrection ship can be hidden away from dradis and the crew is composed only of the final five. It's fantasy? Maybe, but anything is possible in this moment...and i do not kwow if the final five is unique copy, but I agree with the fact that they are different.

my1sunshine

[210]Apr 29, 2008

[/QUOTE] This serie version is so diferent from Galactica 1978 and considering all story from actual version, i think that will be an error getting ETs, Light Spirits or Beings, Cout Iblis, etc from the original story. I love the old serie, but now is diferent and great, the best i've seen. It's only my opinion. The religion conflict (or War of Gods) is only about Gods X God, Roslin X Baltar, Polytheism X Monotheism. I read something about the last final five appeared in second season...than, i think Ellen or Tom Zarek... [/QUOTE]

WARNING: POSSiBLE SPOILER: I agree with your opinon that they should stay away from literal translations of episode plots . But they have been using episode elements strewn throughout the series from the original since day one. This got me thinking about something, and I'd like some feedback on this people. I still say I don't think the final five would have their own ressurection ship. The seven would know about this, and they know nothing of the final five, except that they can be sensed by more or all of the seven, when the five are close by (And assumedly all in one place), otherwise they would have been "felt" by one or more of the seven before now.( So this means they are all on Galactica or the fleet). BUT, neither can I belive that the final five just die. They are in the colonial fleet, a very dangerous place, and have been in many life and death situations where they could be killed at any moment, not just by the Cylons, but by falling off a bridge or something. Given their spiritual importance, and their importance as a plot device, and the end of the series, they cannot JUST die. They EVOLVE. Notice the resemblence of all the VISIONS of the five (White, glowing, with hoods) to the people from the ship of lights in the War Of The Gods original series episode? If this isn't taken down for spoilers, I'd like your thoughts on this people.

adiav

[211]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 8

What if Galactica is the Final Five's Resurrection ship?

Okay, just kidding on that one.

Didn't The Hybrid in Razor (at the very end) refer to the last one of the Final Five Cylons as a "she"? Or did I misinterpret something about Kendra Shaw as being about a Cylon?

Or is Kendra Shaw the Final Cylon?

my1sunshine

[212]Apr 29, 2008
    adiav wrote:

Didn't The Hybrid in Razor (at the very end) refer to the last one of the Final Five Cylons as a "she"? Or did I misinterpret something about Kendra Shaw as being about a Cylon?

Or is Kendra Shaw the Final Cylon?

I don't remember the "she" part, but, Kendra....Hmmmmm. That would mean the final Cylon, if i'm right, has arlready "evolved". It could be. But she would have to be within the fleet.

guyroy1971

[213]Apr 29, 2008

My guess is that is that it is Starbuck. Although this would be anti-climatic, it is the only one that fits. Her reappearance after dying cannot be explained, unless the show is taking a religous tack and it is a miracle by god. Her sensing Earth and the way she is acting shouts she has changed or evolved. Everyone expected it to be her, so now the writers are using misdirection to throw us off.

Also, even though they made Tigh a cylon, which seems impossible given his age so you can't definitively rule out anyone, process of elimination leaves one to think it has to be Starbuck. Adama is too old and he was married and obviously has children, which would make them cylons as well, so he's out. Rosilyn is dying from cancer and she got temporarily healed from cylon blood before, which would not be needed if she already was a cylon. Plus, she was hardly in a top position when the cylons attacked. She was an education secretary 43rd in line to be president. Why would the cylons bother?

Balter being a cylon would be a copout and it has already been established he sn't a cylon, he admitted it even if he wanted it to be true last season.

Would any other characer really be a big enough "reveal" to be the final cylon? Unless it is a new character, Starbuck is the most likely. She doesn't know because she is too messed up to realize it. The new character on the last supper painting on the website is not the final one. It is a new character called the new six. It looks like the cylons make a new model to replace the sixes the destroyed.

My wildest guess for the final cyclon would be bringing back Dirk Benedict (the original Starbuck) as the final one. lol

MrBovineOrdure

[214]Apr 29, 2008

I still like the "gun on the mantle" view. There's one gun that really hasn't been explained and it goes all the way back to the miniseries.

When Baltar and six were on Caprica they walked downtown. Both had things to do. Baltar gave six a peck on the cheek and walked away (presumably to a rendezvous with that hot little number that six later caught him in bed with) Six turned around in the plaza and said to someone off camera "It's about time you got here"

Who that person was has never been revealed!

I'm sorry if it seems like such a small scene, but I think it was very significant. You don't shoot a scene like that without a payoff. I think it was the final one of the final five. It doesn't require that six new that, it's just sufficient that the six was working with this person. I further think this person may have been close enough to the six to have created the conditions for the head-Six and Head-baltar. Perhaps Six even new at the time. She was after all on a very important mission that may have required her to know at least one of the final five, but I think most could agree, the final five placed the "Memory inhibition" on the seven cylons, and could most certainly have been there to meet the Six to do some final tinkering and then impose the inhibition on her.

Who could it be then? Obviously not anyone presently in the fleet at that time. Not William or Lee Adama, Kara, Gaeta, Cottle, Rosalyn, Cally, Seelix, Helo, Dualla, Billy, Zarek (on the prison ship at the time), Racetrack, Crashdown, Hotdog, Jammer, Cain, or any one of the Pegasus crew.

I'm starting to believe that it had to be Ellen.

Evidence?

She claims to have boarded the last ship out of Picon, but that could be a little bit of subtrefuge.

During the episode with Baltar's "Cylon detector", Ellen was present. Lingering camera shots on her aroused my suspicion.

Her behaviour on New Caprica seems to fit. She helped Saul at every point. If as the final one she retained memory of what she was, she certainly couldn't let one of her brethren die or perhaps if the final 5 could resurrect, Saul was in much too important a position to let him die. Better for her to risk being resurrected and loose the ability to direct Saul than letting someone who has a prominent position in the fleet be lost.

I think dramatically it would work. After all Saul's been through to see his wife survived with all the memories crashing down. Imagine Bill Adama and Rosalyn seeing her face as the ruler of the Cylon world and thinking; "WE"RE ROYALLY SCREWED!". I think she can be in that club of "Large enough characters". Plus she looks almost as hot as Six being blond in a tight dress!

As we've seen from the last episode, it's not exactly like they cut this actress loose.

Mr BO

Edited on 04/29/2008 5:32pm
    Edited 6 total times.

my1sunshine

[215]Apr 29, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

I still like the "gun on the mantle" view. There's one gun that really hasn't been explained and it goes all the way back to the miniseries.

When Baltar and six were on Caprica they walked downtown. Both had things to do. Baltar gave six a peck on the cheek and walked away (presumably to a rendezvous with that hot little number that six later caught him in bed with) Six turned around in the plaza and said to someone off camera "It's about time you got here"

Who that person was has never been revealed!

I'm sorry if it seems like such a small scene, but I think it was very significant. You don't shoot a scene like that without a payoff. I think it was the final one of the final five.

Mr BO

You're missing something very big. Someone else was there. Laura was there! The episode "Epiphanies" showed that she was. It is exactly because of this scene that I thought it had to be Laura Roslin. Laura was near the courtyard at the time and saw this scene, and Six looked right at her and smiled. Two minutes later, "It's about time. I wondered when you'd get here" .

But Moore said it wasn't a major character, so I guess that nixed that. It's possible it was Ellen, only if the poison did not, in fact, end her life, I think. But if Ellen was there , would Laura not have remembered seeing her also. Maybe not, she was dying after all. We'll see. But I agree with you, there is a payoff for that scene.

Edited on 04/29/2008 7:05pm

MrBovineOrdure

[216]Apr 30, 2008

I knew about Laura being there, but she's not the final Cylon. As I mentioned in other threads, she was outside of the Opera-house chamber chasing Hera with Sharon. The final five were inside that chamber....

I had another thought of a payoff. Tigh finally meeting Ellen as the last of the Five saying; "I'm sorry, I didn't know......"

Mr BO

Uruguayan

[217]Apr 30, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

I knew about Laura being there, but she's not the final Cylon. As I mentioned in other threads, she was outside of the Opera-house chamber chasing Hera with Sharon. The final five were inside that chamber....

I had another thought of a payoff. Tigh finally meeting Ellen as the last of the Five saying; "I'm sorry, I didn't know......"

Mr BO

Who said (similar) that was D'anna...but i bet all on Ellen being the final five...and the dreams or visions in The Opera House, allways appears Sharon, Roslin, Caprica Six, Hera and Baltar. Only Baltar do not remember or dream about that...and the others dream in the same time (Hera? she's young...i don't know.

And yes, Caprica Six talks to someone whens Baltar go out in the plaza and in the Roslin Dream, looks to her...but i think that Roslin is the dying leader as well, if has to be some strong character, Adama Father is more significant, but i'm do not believe that.

wully1970

[218]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    I think its Roslin, remember she had terminal cancer and the end was near, then all of a sudden a miracle comes and she is healed, or did she die and wake-up in a soup bath.

FranVanster

[219]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 15

wully1970 wrote:
    I think its Roslin, remember she had terminal cancer and the end was near, then all of a sudden a miracle comes and she is healed, or did she die and wake-up in a soup bath.

Roslin got Hera's blood transfused, because as a half-Cylon, half-human, the baby had something unique in her blood which saved the President.

MrBovineOrdure

[220]Apr 30, 2008

Here's another theory I sort of like that I read on another board.

What if the final five don't ressurect, but instead transfer their conciousness to the nearest body at the time of their death.

It would explain how they can age. It also explains how these 5 survived all the generations since Kobol. It would also explain why Tigh hears and see's Ellen so often as he's probably her recipticle. I sort of wondered why Tigh made such a big deal out of it when he said to Terrel; "You'll see her all the time!"

As a Cylon,when Tigh becomes fully cognicent of his abilities, he might be able to choose another to drop Ellen's conciousness into. (Wouldn't it be a barrel of chuckles if he picked Gaeta for this job?)

It also can explain the head-six and head-Baltar. Perhaps they can convey this talent on a limited basis in the lower-model cylons.

HHHHHmmmmmmmmmm!

Mr BO

Edited on 04/30/2008 12:30pm