Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

Lina___Inverse

[221]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think that the final Cylon's going to be one of three people:

A) Tom Zarek
    B) Doc Cottle
    C) The lawyer that got Baltar off last season

That picture that EW had a few months ago said that it didn't have the final Cylon on it and it included everyone on the poll. These three people are the only ones that would be in any way interesting as Cylons. I think that Starbuck and Roslin are prophets, which is different and in no way less cool than being Cylons.

I also think it's dumb that supposedly there are five Cylons that no one knows about. How did they get there, how were they created, and how can they download? It makes a nice plot device but practically it's dumb. The real question is what higher power (God, if you must) arranged all this. Their God must be a real Old Testament getting-actively-involved-in-people's-lives style God
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[222]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 55
    Doc Cottle wouldn't be that dramatic. He's never really had any powerful scenes and we know almost nothing about him as a person. We know he smokes and that he has a sarcastic sense of humor. I don't think he would work dramatically.

Kendra Shaw is a more intriguing choice. I sometimes wonder why the writers chose to introduce a brand new character for "Razor." She had identity issues and personal struggles. Of course it appears that she died in that nuclear explosion but... you never know.

Ellen would be somewhat interesting, but still kind of strange. Zak Adama would be an interesting choice but also strange. The writers would have to do a lot of explaining if Zak returns from "the dead."

spaci

[223]May 1, 2008
    • level: 29
    I don't think it would be too strange or unbelievable for the final Cylon to be Zak Adama, or Bill's dead wife. I don't think it will be anyone who has died since the series began, because of the resurrection ship issue (if they were resurrected then the 7 would know about 'em) but I do think it could be someone who's already died. There are many, many people still in the fleet whom we've never met, and we've seen characters who were hidden within the fleet for a time (such as Ellen and the Six who accused Baltar). My personal opinion is that the final Cylon is Zak, and he's been hiding out in the fleet this entire time. This would give the big reveal without it being a main, iconic player, would have major implications for most of the main characters, and would mesh with Loeban's revelation that Adama was a Cylon.

The only two people I feel absolutely sure aren't Cylons are Helo and Cally. There's just too much about Hera and Nicky being Cylon/Human hybrids, and if Cally or Helo was the final, then either Nicky or Hera would be a full toaster.

HeHateMe5

[224]May 1, 2008
    • level: 3

I vaguely remember that Moore mentioned the final cylon was in the episode crossroads(1 or 2) not sure.

Now did he mean physically, or mentally or what I don't know.

Can someone validate this?

MrBovineOrdure

[225]May 1, 2008

Here are the final 5

http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/4/42/Final_Five.jpg

Real clear faces,

then again, you didn't think they'd put the real actors in there did you?

Mr BO

HeHateMe5

[226]May 1, 2008

3 men 2 women

the second to the left does look alot like Anders and the woman to his left does look alot like Cally but they could be standins that look like them.

the 3 men 2 women thing might be the biggest hint of them all. Why not 5 men or 5 women?? makes you wonder.

Uruguayan

[227]May 1, 2008
    • level: 2
    HeHateMe5 wrote:

I vaguely remember that Moore mentioned the final cylon was in the episode crossroads(1 or 2) not sure.

Now did he mean physically, or mentally or what I don't know.

Can someone validate this?

Crossroads 2

guyroy1971

[228]May 1, 2008
    • level: 12

The scene from deanna meeting the final five linked above doesn't tell us anything. They are obviously stand ins and not the real actors. None look like Tigh, Tyrol or the president's assistant.

If it isn't starbuck, I feel that it has to be Zarek. He was a terrorist on Caprica. He has been a fly in the oitment the whole series. He may have been in the prison ship when the series began, but do the writer's remember that or care? The fans on here are may analyze these things much more than the writers..lol Even then, it could be explained easily.

I do not think it is a new character. The conceit of the show is that the other hidden cyclons are all people we know, and it wouldn't be a shock reveal if they brought in a new character, even if it was supposedly Adama's dead son since we would know nothing about them. Also, Deanna said something like "oh its you" last season, and I am assuming she was talking to the final one. The shows she knows the person already. She would not know Adama's son. I don't think it is Tigh's wife either. She was not brought back in the last episode, he only saw her when looking at six because of guilt. I don't think it matters "she is still on the payroll" as another poster stated. The actors who are not regulars usually only get paid for when they are on the air and do not have regular salaries. (I read that somewhere, and its true of all television series, union rules or something). Kate Vernon was kind of the queen of the B movies back in the 80's and 90's and probably loves being on such a highly regarded series.

They have been setting up the final reveal to be a big deal (they open the show with the words "one will be revealed" after all) so unless they are pulling our chains with hype (very unlike them) it has to be someone already on the show. I really don't think the other minor characters would be a big enough suprise for it to be them.

HeHateMe5

[229]May 2, 2008
    Ok so then let's take a simple poll. Man or Woman.

3 men and 2 women stand in's. Knife/Chalice theory.

I say woman.

But on a side note, if Moore did indeed say the final cylon was in crossroads 2 then what did he mean by that? Physically or just by mention??

If we focus on that, maybe we can come up with a new lead.

SnowboarderTX

[230]May 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    It's funny how the whole colonies got wiped out, and the final five cylons just happened to be on the Galactica and survived. Talk about conspiracy theories...

mialza

[231]May 2, 2008
    • level: 14

Alright, I have a lot of stuff floating in what passes for my head so bare with me. If you just want to see who I think it is skip to the bottom. When I was trying to decide who the final Cylon was I tried to look at everything we know, don't know, think we know, and what I personally think is true about the Cylons. Here's what I came up with.

The skinjobs and hybrids were created because the Cylons wanted to "evolve". I take this as they wanted to recreate humanity in their own perfect image. Humans created Cylons so they wanted to create a new perfect type of human and one up us. I think they succeeded in making each successive model more human. The Sixes and Eights have shown the most compassion for the humans, while the Ones seem the most machine like. The outliers are the Leobans and Threes, but the Twos seemed to be the most spiritual which explains why the sided with the Sixes and Eights, and the Threes ended up being considered crazy and shut off. (I realize there is a gap in numbers but I take that as they were in the process of creating the Eights when the research wing of the Cylon plant came up with a new type first and it was labeled seven, and the last of the old models was labeled eight) All of this leads me to the final five, which I think are the most human like of the twelve, and it is possible they all aren't even "evil" like the rest.

Here's what I think about the final five. I think they are more advanced then the first seven, are more powerful, and are one of a kind. Unless they have had their own Resurrection Ship following the Galactica the whole time, which I doubt, they have to be the only copies around. That said, I think they are harder to kill to compensate for the lack of resurrection abilities. This comes into play for some of the final model candidates who have seemingly died already. I'm not saying their immortal, but anything short of a head shot or being completely vaporized by a bomb (Shaw) and they can bounce back in time. Go into hibernation mode like a standard computer if they have to. All of this has been influencing what I think of the Cylons and who I think the final one is. Now for the candidates. As for their number I say Tory is Seven due to her embracing of her Cylonness, Tyrol is Nine because he is split, Tigh is Ten because he semms hellbent on staying himslf, but is torn, Anders is Eleven because seems to he handeling it the best, but we havn't seen him musch yet so time will tell.

Due to the Last Supper Theories I am discounting the Adamas, Roslin, Helo, Starbuck, and Baltar.

The Dead but Maybe Not Group: I like the possibilities of this group the most because it would be surprising if any of them showed up.

Ellen Tigh- Her mysterious appearance and the helping of the Cylons on New Caprica help her argument. If I'm right about the final fives toughness then she might have shut off when poisoned then rebooted after a while. The biggest problem with her is how to reintroduce her which other then just showing up doesn't work well, plus I would be let down if it was her.

Cally- Going back to my toughness theory she could be floating out their on standby mode waiting to be picked up, and be subliminally broadcasting, hoping a raider happens to float by. Also, the pills she was taking could have prevented her from hearing the song the other heard and that is why she didn't meet up with them. Of all the people she has one of the most compelling side plots. If she is a Cylon, that would make her son a full Cylon offspring. If they could reproduce on their own it would completely change the definition of what a Cylon is. Plus I've heard some compelling arguments concerning the Last Supper picture and her.

Zak Adama- Possibly one of the most intriguing of the bunch. He could have recovered from his injuries from his Viper crash that "killed" him and be somewhere on the fleet out of sight the entire time. The emotional possibilities are intriguing, but I doubt they will fully add a new character, despite that he has been referenced a lot.

The Alive and Well Group: I just find this group lame. If the Last Supper proved that none of the main living characters are the final one, and the four revealed were already the best choices, then none of these will live up to the hype.

Doc Cottle- For a while I have thought he was one, but I don't think he would be the last one. After they revealed the first four I started to doubt he was the last. He would be the least dramatic possibility.

Tom Zarek- He's the classic thorn in the side to everyone. He was a terrorist and it wouldn't surprise anyone. That is why I don't think it is him. The only bigger cop out possibility than him is Starbuck. The writers are better then that.

Gaeta and the rest on the Demetrious: Lame and I doubt the final has been separated from the Galactica.

Romo Lampkin- Baltar's lawyer. I kind of like this possibility. Not well known, kind of shady, and was prominently involved in one of the most important events to ever happen to the Fleet.

After all of this tinkering I came to the decision that I think it is Cally. The possibility of Cylon reproduction could change everything, plus with Tyrol spiraling out of control her appearance would be intriguing. Second choice is Zarek as a cop out by the writers, and third Zak Adama for the emotional storylines with the Admiral, Lee, and Starbuck. The Dark Horse, Lampkin, just for the unknown factor. To anyone who actually read all of this, thank you. None of my freinds watch this show so all of this has been rattling around my head for a while.

my1sunshine

[232]May 2, 2008
    I know that he is not known enough for much of an impact, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bulldog yet. I guess nobody thought much of my other theory about the Five on my previous comment, as I didn't get the slightest response from it. I actually thought it was kinda cool. Oh, well. I'll just limp off into the sunset. (sob), LOL. PEACE

guyroy1971

[233]May 2, 2008

To the last poster, no one thinks its Bulldog because Ronald Moore basically said the Bulldog episode was a mistake. So you might not have known that.

If Crossroads part II is a hint, maybe its one of the Judges at Baltar's trial? (Not Adama) They were only in those episodes, the rest of the crew is in all or some of them, so why would Crossroads be a clue?

MrBovineOrdure

[234]May 2, 2008

Then how about a name that hasn't floated up before...

Captian Aaron Kelly. He was in Crossroads and mostly a background character throughout the series all the way from the mini-series. Perhaps he had other reasons to want to do in the Lawyers.

That would still feel like a cheat to me, but then again, a pretty high ranking C&C person. (How much jail time DID he get?)

Mr BO

HeHateMe5

[235]May 2, 2008
    Captain Aaron Kelly: Battlestar Wiki

"When the trial of Gaius Baltar draws near, Kelly tries to disrupt the proceedings with a series of bombings. One of the attacks kills Baltar's lawyer. An attack on his next lawyer, Romo Lampkin, is thwarted only by chance. A third attack injures Lampkin. When questioned, Kelly says that he couldn't handle sending off pilots to their deaths anymore, and would continue to try if he is not locked up (The Son Also Rises). Because of this, it is unlikely that he is currently on active duty in his role as LSO."

His actions still warrant more history, doesn't make sense for him to be the fifth right now.

Ferthepoet

[236]May 4, 2008
    • level: 2
    I dont think the final cylon can be any of the main cast, it would just be too much so I'm ruling out Baltar, Rosling, Both Adamas and Kara.. with that said my theory is:

Billy: If the actor had not left the show he would probably been shown as the fourth cylon by now instead of tori.

Kendra: they did a whole movie about her

The guy Adama didnt save: just a tought

Bob Dylan: it was his music calling for the other cylons, given that the show takes much care on avoiding any type of refence to earth pop culture, it may have some significance that it was a dylans song htey were listenign to.

123home123

[237]May 4, 2008
    If you listen to the podcast of the writers meeting for "Razor," you'll hear how important Capt. Kelly seems to be to David Eick. He can't even remember the actor's name or the character. He refers to him as someone who was in the Miniseries who used to be fat and now is thinner.

Besides that, Kelly is too minor a character for such a significant revelation. Most casual fans wouldn't know who he is, and even many diligent fans wouldn't even know the character's name although most would recognize his face.

123home123

[238]May 29, 2008
    I'm reviving this thread so that it moves back up to the top of the board. People have been starting up new "final Cylon" speculation threads. I don't really see the need to start a new thread for each such post. Admittedly, this thread got buried on the index after a few weeks of inactivity.

Now that this thread is being moved back up to the top, people should try to direct their comments on the issue to this thread. Otherwise we might end up with 30 different "this is my theory on the final Cylon" threads with no space for any other topics on the first page of the index.

Femvamp

[239]May 30, 2008
    • level: 11

Ron Moore has got to stop playing with my head.

With next episode's preview pointing at Roslin as the final Cylon....is it a fakeout...Pointing at her which means it can't be her.

Or is it a double fake ou...Pointing at her means it can't be her which means it has to be her.

But then again....

So who is the final Cylon....all will be revealed....hopefully next episode because I don't think I can take much more of this.

I love Ron Moore.

mialza

[240]May 31, 2008
    • level: 14

One of the things I've been waiting for seems to have occurred. Cylons can now procreate with other Cylons(or at least if one is a Final Fiver). The little Tigh-fighter(credit to ISpeakTheTruth for the name) seems to be the first pure-blood Cylon offspring, which changes what it means to be a Cylon. The two things I thought that the Cylons needed to become, at least in theory, completely human was the ability to procreate and the ability to age and die. Now they can reproduce, and soon they might become mortal with the destruction of the Resurrection Hub. We still don't know if they age, but living with the fear of death would be the final step to becoming "human". In the end will there be much of a difference, a least theoretically, between human and Cylon(besides the fact that they were built, and were evil and tried to destroy humanity)?

As for the final Cylon I'm really starting to hope it's Lampkin. He is a very interesting character.