Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

pgsuperfan

[241]May 31, 2008
    • level: 25
    Just a wild guess here I think it will be Lee Adama for a surprise ending
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[242]May 31, 2008
    • level: 55
    Some of the BSG insiders (Ronald Moore, Aaron Douglas) said this week that speculation on the Internet was way off. They didn't provide any hints or say how far off the speculation is. Or maybe it was a way of re-directing speculation because some people were getting on the right track.

To tell you the truth, I haven't thought about the issue too much. I've looked at the Last Supper photo montage a couple times but I don't know what it all means. I'll just wait until we find out in a later episode.

revenant44

[243]May 31, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'm going to put my vote in for Doc. Cottle as the last Cylon.
    Edited on 05/31/2008 5:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Sliverwarrior

[244]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    The final five = The final five.
    That is all.

frakkenstein

[245]Jun 2, 2008

I agree with some others that the final cylon will be a woman. After all, there are currently 7 revealed males and only 4 females. In my mind, that narrows it down to Starbuck, Roslin, and Dee. I also don't buy the red herring in the last episode about 6 and Tigh and the possibility that the final five can breed with other cylons. For this reason, I discount the possibility of Cally as the final one. This also rules out Helo among the men.

I also think the writers won't make the final cylon a relatively new or underdeveloped character such as Romo or Doc. The only valid male candidates to me are Baltar, the senior Adama and Gaeta - all regulars.

So if I stick with my belief that the final cylon is a woman, I think the writers will give us maximum wow factor by revealing that it's Starbuck. She and Lee will be the Adam and Eve figures that find Earth and create an inbred hybrid race so that the cycle can start the repeating all over again. Any way you slice it, the writers are going to have to be clever to bring this story together coherently.

guyroy1971

[246]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 12

With several new episodes since my last post, my updated list is Lampkin, Zarek, Starbuck or Dee. Although I like Lampkin, I did feel it was funny they brought him back last episode, since he wasn't truly needed for the story itself (Appollo could have had his vetting of canidates with Starbuck, Adama or anyone for that matter) They gave him a backstory and more to do than just advancing the plot, which signals to me he may have a future bigger role.

I would be shocked if it were rosilyn, despite the teaser (or because of it). I think deanna is just playing with her head, or could be speaking to someone else and it was edited for a tease. It would not make sense since she has cancer and was briefly in remission due to cylon blood, so if she is a cylon, how could the blood affect her? They would have to explain that. I also firmly believe it can not be any of the Adamas (live or dead) since Adama fathered his children and watched them grow, they can not be cylons unless everyone on the show is.

I threw in Dee because she is still on the show and they haven't had anything for her to do this season, so it would be something for her character and she is a woman and that would balance the twelve out a little sex wise.

MrBovineOrdure

[247]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 6

Well, if we're to go by the teaser, and we assume Deanna isn't messing with Ros's head, then the other two people on that Raptor were Helo and Baltar.

I don't like either option. I'm still hoping that Ellen walks up behind Rosalyn to take that role....

Mr BO

BaouShotaruga

[248]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think that the 5th is Starbuck's mom.

It makes sense that she prepped Starbuck for her "important destiny", and was hard on her to make sure she's tough enough to fulfill that destiny.

It wouldn't be very poetic for Kara herself to be a Cylon. A Cylon being the "harbinger of the death of Humanity" isn't poetic at all - a Human being the end of Humanity is.

tripping82

[249]Jun 4, 2008
    • level: 14
    Just a guess but, I think that we'll find out who the final cylon is either during "The Hub" or "Revelations". The last 2 episodes before the break. Reason for the guess is pretty much the cliffhangerness and it'll give us something to ponder over and think about til the season resumes.

antilifecu

[250]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    According to the episode Hub Laura Roslin is not a cylon.

mc1483

[251]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 1

Before "The hub", but after "Sine qua non": some "rational" thoughts of mine.

First thing, the final cylon is 99% a woman. There are many reasons, all too long to explain in details, but it would be very strange if it'd turn out to be a man.

I rule out minor character like Racetrack and Seelix; I also rule out Cally (little Nicky is hybrid; that has been made clear).

So we have: Cain, Kendra, Ellen, Kat (all dead); Starbuck, Roslin, Dualla (alive), and of course little Hera.

If we trust the Last Supper picture, we can rule out Roslin (BTW, if she needs cylon blood to cure the cancer, she can't be) and Starbuck (BTW, too obvious). Only woman alive is Dualla, but it's difficult to stand for someone without knowing if the Five can resurrect or not. Surely Both Kendra and Ellen are more interesting choices - not mentioning the mysterious role of little Hera.

But, second and most important, I think it's now clear there is some entity "pulling the strings", trying to make some big plan work. What plan? The big picture is not clear, but an important part is the one concerning Starbuck and the cylon base star.

This part of the plan works as follows:

1 - Starbuck in the Maelstrom. The entity needs her to "programme" her mind to think about "Earth", go back to Galactica, assemble some crew, go find "Earth", meet Leoben, capture the base-star and we'll see what else.

2 - some device in the Ionian nebula activates when the fleet is there. It emits a strong radiation with this main purpose:

- start the F5 main programme (it implies the recover of the hidden memory concerning their true nature)

- sending back Starbuck.

Collateral effect of this radiation:

- power black out everywhere

- recovering of hidden memories in all other cylons in range. So, prisoner 6, Sharon, Hera (half-cylon) and Roslin (Hera's blood in her veins) have a "vision". It's not a vision, but a memory that was hidden. It's some real fact, happened who knows when, likely having much to do with the "all this has happened before and will happen again". Baltar, although present in the "vision", does not share it, so he's not a Cylon. There are no other cylons in range (cylon fleet jumped in AFTER the radiation stopped on completing the F5 programme start).

3 - Starbuck is compelled in go back finding "Earth"

4 - Starbuck, together with a reasonable crew (needed to take over the base star), goes back finding "Earth", but finds the base star instead.

5 - an alliance between Cylons and humans is on the way.

The purpose of the F5 is now clear. They MUST protect the plan, especially the part concerning Starbuck. We see that:

- Anders is the only one who backs Starbucks; he shoots Gaeta just in time to revert the mutiny. Without him, no base star. This implies there are no other F5 on Demetrius (this rules out Gaeta).

- Tigh didn't let the base star to be destroyed, when it jumped back without the Demetrius.

- Tori killed Cally because she was likely going to reveal the identity of the Four, who need secrecy in order to protect the plan.

- Tyrol, by now, did not do anything important.

It's also interesting the encounter Anders-cylon raider. It's now clear he didn't shoot it on purpose, but NOT because it was a "fellow cylon". Because there was no use in getting rid of a single raider. Much better spare it, being scanned, being acknowledged, and in doing so stopping the whole attack.

The nature of Starbuck is a mystery. It's possible she's a cylon, but NOT a F5. Maybe she's a new assembled model, made on purpose in order to execute the plan. The nature of the entity "pulling the strings" is also a mystery.

psychickiller

[252]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    @To the above, well written.

The most obvious solution for the entity seems to be 'god', which is somewhat problematic. Religion is always a difficult issue in the modern world.
    Personally, I'm not even a tad religious. I'm not sure how will I react if the entitiy will be revealed as god.

Perhaps that entity is the Final Cylon...
    To be honest, I'm out of ideas on the final one. There's no way it's gonna be any of the major characters (Roslin, Kerra, Lee, etc.).
    I agree it's more likely to be a woman, but I can't imagine Dee being the final... I just don't care enough for her. She had minimum screen time this season, and she doesn't feel as much of a big role for being the big mystery Cylon.

I'm also wondering, and I bet this was brought up before... Wasn't the Final Cylon drawn to the room as well during S3 finale?

logossun

[253]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 18
    To all those saying it can't be Lee because he has a dad and vice-versa; well, any theories as to how skinjobs actually got started?! It makes sense that the first of the 5 (i.e. I'd say Lee) was abducted and remade or something like that... I'd also be cool with Kara; predictable but strong and smooth.

nottynotme

[254]Jun 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    It appears to me that it will now play out that Admiral Adama is the final cylon.
    He was replaced during the first cylon war. I lifted this dialog from Sine Qua Non .

"I don't know if I ever
    told you this, but...
    one of my first missions was
    a solo recon,
    being alone in a raptor
    in enemy space,
    nobody can help you
    when you're scared. ??
    I told myself that after my duty
    I'd have time to face my fear.
    That's a good memory. "

Adama has proven to be so "Human". He has been the leader of Mankind. He loves and is loved by the President. And has been a iconic father figure to the acting President. It will all be perfect.
    I got more.

mc1483

[255]Jun 7, 2008

psychickiller wrote:
    The most obvious solution for the entity seems to be 'god', which is somewhat problematic.

Yes, problematic and way too simple. God can do everything, so there's no real need to explain the mysteries. BTW, Galactica is - or at least has been until now - a very realistic SF series, unlike Star Trek, SG-1 and so on. A mystical explanation wouldn't fit!

Recently, I've read a theory concerning Lost: that the series is a videogame. Unfortunately, this also applies to Galactica, as things like "has happened before, will happen again" would be immediately explained (along with many others). I do hope we'll get something much better!

psychickiller wrote:
    I'm also wondering, and I bet this was brought up before... Wasn't the Final Cylon drawn to the room as well during S3 finale?

Very good question. I noticed that the F5 are always referred as "five", not 4 + 1. There's nothing to let us think one of them is different, or more powerful, or just "more". So why wasn't he/she/it drawn to the famous room? Dead (at least 5 or 6 characters)? Absent (Zarek, Starbuck, Lampkin)? Incapacitated (Hera)? Or what? I can't decide.

GavinGibbons

[256]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 29
    I dont know? i think we can rule dee out because she hasn't been in the last two episodes, also i dont think starbuck because i honestly think the writers will explain her "death" another way,rather than her being a cylon, i dont think roslin because of the D'anna joke (which was awesome) i really think it will be someone unexpected like Zack Adama (even though he has only appeared once in 4 seasons) or Helena Cain (because she has a cult status and is memorable) anyone else will be a bit of a disappointment... unless it is lee because he was seperated from his father for a long time before they get reunited in the pilot (meaning it may be possible)

aprildo777

[257]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 16
    If they do make the final cylon one of the Adamas or Starbuck, all I can say is that they better do it REALLY REALLY well. And not just for the shock factor. They've been too integral to the whole concept of humanity and what it means to be human only to have it be revealed that one of them was a cylon. So just on principal I am cautious about it being one of them.

psychickiller

[258]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 9
    nottynotme wrote:
    It appears to me that it will now play out that Admiral Adama is the final cylon.
    He was replaced during the first cylon war. I lifted this dialog from Sine Qua Non .

"I don't know if I ever
    told you this, but...
    one of my first missions was
    a solo recon,
    being alone in a raptor
    in enemy space,
    nobody can help you
    when you're scared. ??
    I told myself that after my duty
    I'd have time to face my fear.
    That's a good memory. "

Adama has proven to be so "Human". He has been the leader of Mankind. He loves and is loved by the President. And has been a iconic father figure to the acting President. It will all be perfect.
    I got more.

Great point!
    I've had a hard time thinking of Bill Adama as the final cylon, because it didn't fit in... After all, he fought during the first cylon war, when there were no skinjobs yet.

That also helps explaining something that's been bothering me since S3 finale. If Tigh is a skinjob, how the hell does he and Bill know each other for so long?
    His memories could have been modified in order to bring in Tigh in his life.

Does anyone recall if Bill made his kids before or after the first cylon war?
    I have a hard time believing Lee and Zack are hybrids. After all, Hera is supposed to be unique.

frakkenstein

[259]Jun 9, 2008

Earlier I suggested that Starbuck is the most likely final cylon but I'm doubting it now. I like one theory that she's a hybrid. Makes more sense in a way - she flies, fights, and apparently finds Earth all by a wierd intuition that she's not consciously in touch with. She figured out how to fly the cylon fighter. Sounds kinda hybrid-like to me.

I think given where the plot is going in the past two weeks my top candidate is now Adama. Leoben did call it ages ago after all. It would pit an excellent Adama/Roslin conflict along with the Sharon/Helo and Starbuck/Anders conflicts. Although, if he is, I guess that makes Lee and Zach hybrids too. I wonder why Zach was such a poor flier?

I know that an enormous amount of importance has been placed on Hera and people assume that it's because she's the first hybrid. But with at least one other hybrid from Cally and Tyrol, all of the hybrids in the cylon fleet, I think that the focus on Hera is different.

Maybe the resurrection Hub is unique because it is powered by a hybrid that is the offspring from an 8 and that Hera represents the potential to make other resurrection Hubs - thus preserves the possibility of immortality. I suspect there are a lot more hybrids than we think. But I digress off of this thread's topic.

What I am more certain about is that I will likely change my mind next week.

egoamote

[260]Jun 9, 2008
    who is on from the start and flies under the radar with a patrician look

who best suited to represent the cylons as a kindly and wise leader

THE DOCTOR is the final cylon