Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

123home123

[41]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 55
    Tom Zarek was written into a few additional episodes in Season 3 but he got cut out because of budget issues. (They couldn't afford to pay him for those episodes.) He should be back next season though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PineTreeMouse

[42]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 5

the original 5th cylon used to have a human-shaped body but has now decided to download to a different body....

a sentient ship anyone?

jiggasanta

[43]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 7
    i still believe it's baltar, there's just to many things that point to it. Thrace is a strong second choice

Celestra9

[44]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 16

ivanveta wrote:
    guidryp wrote:
    Are we certain we know the other 4 are for real? And that something else isn't going on?
    yes RDM confrmed! and do not ask it again ! plz

RDM has also said it is NOT Starbuck.

PunkNerd5

[45]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 24

Its definately someone who we wont see coming. I don't think it'll be Rosalind. She is on the hallucinogen herbal stuff and the headache could be due to that. If it was Baltar we would already know. Starbuck is a hallucination Lee is seeing... why would no one else see her ship on dradis? She could still be "out there" but maybe communicating through Lee. She's too obvious to be a Cylon. I'll have to re-watch the finale, but where was Felix when everyone the other 4 were hearing the music? I don't think it'll be Dee... She hasn't had enough important enough roles in the show.

My bet is Felix.

jazzpolice

[46]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 2

I think there should bea ballance between Humans and Cylons. If any major character from the fleet is a cylon, it will be the story of Cylons, but not the story of Battlestar Galactica. Human race needs own heroes Also Baltar was in Opera House with Final Five, so there's a little chance that he is the Final Cylon. So was Roslin. Admiral? Oh, no. All the show will become meaningless.

Some of the minor characters must be the Final Cylon and it will be revealed only near the end.

Invader_of_53

[47]Jul 1, 2007

Celestra9 wrote:

RDM has also said it is NOT Starbuck.

Care to drop a link for that because the only thing I've read concerning her return is Katee confirming that Starbuck is "not a figment of people's imaginations," backed up by an interview with Moore.

PunkNerd5 wrote:

Starbuck is a hallucination Lee is seeing... why would no one else see her ship on dradis? She could still be "out there" but maybe communicating through Lee. She's too obvious to be a Cylon.

You had me with Roslin, but as mentioned above, Kara has been officially ruled out as at least a hallucination.

And I'm still not feeling Gaeta as a suspect. He seems so much a leftover from the time when we still thought all 12 Cylons were working together.

Edited on 07/01/2007 12:46pm

SgtHydra

[48]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 10
    Its got to be old Baltar. Even he suspects it.

brocky05

[49]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 1
    no way Baltar is to human. I say Gaeta dont forget it looked like he handed Sharron the gun !just because RDM says you have to examine what it means to be Cylon does not mean the final five are not going to flip out at the most inconvenient time.I am in Australia so i have not seen season three but i dont believe he is to much of a saint on new caprica either.

Dcompozer

[50]Jul 4, 2007

I thought Roslin did hear the music just as the power was going out... ?

I'm ruling Baltar out because in the Opera House 'dream,' he was with Caprica 6 looking up at the Final Five. I don't believe he'd have been depicted in this way if he was one of them.

The heaviest suggestion towards Gaeta for me was his conversation with Balter (where he stabs Baltar in the neck). But since that was apparently part of a dropped story line I don't think it's him.

It can't be Starbuck since she had a mother.

It can't be Apollo since he has a father.

It could be Adama. If Tigh's a Cylon I don't see how Adama can't be. I assume they're around the same age etc. He also seemed to 'project' as the Cylons do in A Day in the Life while he remembered his wife. He says he did love her, making it possible for him to reproduce, according to the Cylon's theory on Cylon-Human reproduction. Leoben also told Roslin that Adama is a Cylon in Flesh and Bone. Leoben has been a liar (telling Starbuck that girl was her daughter) but most of what he's said has been the truth.

My vote is with Roslin for now, though I'm leaning heavily towards Adama. I agree with one of the previous posters who suggested that it had to be a major character. Also, Tigh, Tyrol, Anders and Tory were all involved with the resistance on New Caprica along with Roslin.

But seeing as it looks like an emphasis may be put on Pegasus in Season 4, the final Cylon might be a character either introduced on or returned from Pegasus.

Edited on 07/04/2007 8:03am

supercyke

[51]Jul 4, 2007
    I go with Starbuck because of the her destiny

Dcompozer

[52]Jul 5, 2007
    I just remembered that at the end of the miniseries, Adama finds a note in his room saying something about there being 12 Cylon Models. Who wrote it, and who put it there?

tripping82

[53]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 14
    Dcompozer wrote:
    I just remembered that at the end of the miniseries, Adama finds a note in his room saying something about there being 12 Cylon Models. Who wrote it, and who put it there?

My guess was that Baltar left the message. He's the only person who knew how many there were.

guru8376

[54]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    Dcompozer wrote:

If i remember correctly Chief Tyrol was commenting about how he remembered his father being a priest for or something.

tripping82

[55]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 14
    guru8376 wrote:
    Dcompozer wrote:

If i remember correctly Chief Tyrol was commenting about how he remembered his father being a priest for or something.

But we never actually see Tyrol's father. He's prolly just programmed to think he has a father.

dewydecimal

[56]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    Whoever the fifth cylon is has to be someone that number 3 (D'Anna) recognizes and feels apologetic to for some reason as seen in the Rapture episode. Ruling out Baltar since, as someone said, he and #6 were staring up at the final five in a dream sequence. My best guess is Laura Roslin since she was on the handpicked death list (D'Anna's picking?) from earlier in the season.

123home123

[57]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 55
    D'Anna could have been apologizing to one of the other members of the Final Five. A likely candidate is Col. Tigh. Since the Cylons took his eye out, it makes a lot of sense for her to be apologizing to him.

jezzasparky

[58]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 3

Or she could have been apologising to Anders since she had been going to kill him at the end of Downloaded when she was stopped (Actually i think that makes just as much sense as it being Tigh - we don't know who tookTigh's eye out - it may have had nothing to do with D'Anna)

I think Kara is not a figment and I think she is the dying leader (the people interpreting the scriptures may have found it easier to say "dying leader" than "leader who has seen (is in?) the space between life and death") I don't think she's a cylon - the other seven go on about her having a destiny - if they know about that - then I think they would know if she was a cylon and they wouldn't have done the things they did to her.

I reckon the final cylon is going to come completely out of left field - I don't think it's in their style to have it be someone obvious - but i'm not gonna make any guesses yet.

Edited because of a space bar malfunction

Edited on 07/13/2007 5:53am

MrBovineOrdure

[60]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 6

OK, how about this for left field....

Sharon's child.

Sharon knew the sex of the baby before she was born. Seems the cylons are able to self-diagnose things happening in their own body. Perhaps they're able to direct the gestation of a child as it develops. Perhaps they just needed Helo to get things started, then the rest of the pregnancy can be under the direction of Sharon's body to insure it comes out as they wants. The leader of the new race.

Mr BO.