Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

starlitwisher

[501]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    I don't think that Ellen is the Final Cylon. She maybe just an older version of six. What I find suspicious is that Dee supposedly SPOILER..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................killed herself. But if you look at Kandyse's profile on imdb.com she is in several more episodes. Why would they even bother bringing back Dee, who isn't a central character, if it wasn't an important reason. I think that Dee is the Final Cylon and that Ellen is a red herring.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TigerLord

[502]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 6

I 100% agree with you.

Ellen being an aged six explains everything. Why he had a natural attraction to her and fell in love, why he hallucinated her at first while interrogating Six (he actually saw her face). They were made to look similar in the series.

I'd put my money on the fifth being Zak Adama, got my whole theory too.

moviebuff82

[503]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 11

My list actually consisted of the following: Zak, Billy, and Ellen. D'Anna, if you remember, mentioned that there were only 4 cylons in the fleet, which meant that the fifth was no longer "alive", but it also meant that it was someone she knew because she would have to have known who they were to deduce that they were no longer living. So now, to narrow down the list. Zak could not be the fifth. If he were a cylon Lee, Bill, and Lee's mother would all have to be cylons in order for the history to work. Not to mention, D'Anna would have never met or seen Zak before. It is possible for Billy to still be the fifth because he has no true connections to the past, but here's my theory, I have always said the the cylons would not put themselves in a place of power because those people would be the first to be tested; that excludes the old man and Laura from my list because of their positions in the fleet. If I were a cylon I'd gain the trust of those in power and become their right-hand man. So from the beginning I had this theory because at first I did believe Billy to be a cylon. Billy died, and my theory was feeling even better because I felt he would show up at any time. Then Tori came a long gained the president's trust, helped her through some tough situations, and we see where that ended up. And my theory proved true for Saul Tigh as well, though I never dreamed that in a million years.

I love the theory about the six. But you do have to think about one thing, Saul was only projecting Ellen from the six. He felt guilty for killing her because she was working with the cylons. His subconcious was actually trying to tell him that she too was a cylon. Saul would have remembered a younger Ellen and would have noticed her from the start; so would anyone else for that matter who knew her from a younger age (i.e. Bill). I still think that it definitely is Ellen. Ellen was always the doubt I had about Saul being a cylon.

madmalk79

[504]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    I may be well off here but I think that everyone is the fith and there death will be the way they get home.

They will resurect cos there all cylons

MrBovineOrdure

[505]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 6

I don't think their bodies are literally over 2000 years old, the final five do die and are somehow reborn. I think that unlike the seven, they don't rely on ressurection devices and blank-bodies. Rather when a final five dies, they co-opt an infant about to be born.

One question is if Tyrol's and Tigh's memories of themselves on the past Earth of them looking like themselves is literally true or just their present form appearing like themselves as a frame of reference for their current selves.

I've always thought the final-five Cylons have been around since the days of Kobol and that they designed the other seven as perhaps "improvements". A way to repeat what comes naturally to them; resurrection without having to take over the identity of a naturally born infant.

Mr BO

gibbin1

[506]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 3

good theory madmalk79, i like it. Maybe thats why Kara is the harbinger of death, she leads them through death to new life, to be reborn on the new planet.

They cant find the new planet until they die. So Lee will be reunited with D, Kara will be reunited with her mother.

And by the way, Showing that Ellen is the 5th cylon is pretty disappointing if you ask me. I hope it is a red herring. It was to quick to reveal

waltmor

[507]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 42
    I'm taking down the homepage poll about the final Cylon now. I posted that before I'd seen the new episode and included mostly secondary characters because I thought Starbuck was a little too obvious. Ellen was always near the top of my list, felt like they'd dropped enough hints. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Andrew-SG

[508]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 1

Dee is a final (5) Cylon

Remeber when she pick up the clock and some 12 small metal thing's .. I think she has the same flash back's like other original Cylons ... and I think the resurection hub is still working on Earth

Edited on 01/17/2009 4:09pm

Daxx00004

[509]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Andrew-SG wrote:

Dee is a final (5) Cylon

Remeber when she pick up the clock and some 12 small metal thing's .. I think she has the same flash back's like other original Cylons ... and I think the resurection hub is still working on Earth

The metal things are Jacks a childs toy. She was saddened by the thought of children dying like that. I don't believe she is the final cylon. Ellen makes sense and I had thought it was her before this episode.

oldsage

[510]Jan 18, 2009
    • level: 9

I think folks need to read the thread on the actual episode. It's been confirmed by Moore himself that Ellen is the fifth cylon.

Edit Note: Then again, didn't he confirm that Starbuck was dead? Well, I guess in a way he was right about that too.

Edited on 01/18/2009 2:33am

tripping82

[511]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 14
    Well this sucks, I didn't even have Ellen in the poll. this can prolly be un-pinned now...

mialza

[512]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 14
    I agree with whoever else said that they were disappointed that it was Ellen. I always found her annoying and boring, which in retrospect is why I never really thought of her when I tried to figure it all out. Of course, every other time the writers did something I didn't like they managed to turn it around and make it into a vital part of the show that in retrospect I now love.

zerbleflip

[513]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 8
    madmalk79 wrote:
    I may be well off here but I think that everyone is the fith and there death will be the way they get home.

They will resurect cos there all cylons

SPOT ON (other than them "ressurecting")!! This is precisely the conclusion I've drawn - the revelation is that the "humans" are all a form of Cylon. Consider: The humans from the colonies are actually Cylons of a different generation. This thus brings about a satisfying answer to the entire prophecy deal & the mantra "all this has happened before, all this will happen again": they are stuck in a feedback loop, doomed to repeat the same 2000 years of programming over and over. Thus, the next generation will be seeded on wherever Galactica & the base star end up... probably colonizing a planet together. Their descendants mix & distill the "genes" of old & new generation Cylons. They will interbreed, develop a new society, legends will be established about the past (as with the tail of the Lords of Kobol bringing "humans" to that world..... ...Eventually, over the passage of time, they go on to eventually create a new race of Cylons and the loop starts again.... ....In the meantime, Cabot and his "gang" refuse to join them (probably after a final, almost devastating confrontation), and go off on their own, with the Centurians (now fully capable of killing "humano-Cylons", remember) to find a world of their own. Thus, they become the "13th tribe" - and come to a grisly end fighting their own Centurians. This, to me, is the most satisfying conclusion to the series. Of course, there are some gaps in this - how do the "humans" and the Cylons with them lose so much of their history - and technology (e.g. their ships, etc.)., but there are potential scenarios to explain this.

123home123

[514]Jan 25, 2009
    • level: 55
    waltmor wrote:
    I'm taking down the homepage poll about the final Cylon now. I posted that before I'd seen the new episode and included mostly secondary characters because I thought Starbuck was a little too obvious. Ellen was always near the top of my list, felt like they'd dropped enough hints. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Yeah, I think it's time to unpin this thread now too. But I'll add a link to this thread in the main Guidelines thread if anyone wants to revisit this discussion in the future.

eater11

[515]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 18
    People need accept that Ellen is the final Cylon, it has now been stated by RDM. Also people who think that having Ellen is a let down, so your theories of Billy and Zak are any better! How could it ever be Zak Adama! I am sure it would have made sense to have a character who died before the show started and was talked about in like 5 eps to be the 5th Cylon.