Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

MrBovineOrdure

[81]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 6

I think the last 4 we've seen are cylons.

It' s not enough that they all heard the same music. If that were the case, then yes, the Cylons could have done something to them on New Caprica. Perhaps a radio implant. (Howdee music lovers! Your listening to W-C-Y-L-N, the toasters with the most-ers! ... and here again, our number one hit; "All Along the Watch Tower" by some band most of you hadn't heard before! but first this message)

But I don't think it was just the music. I'm pretty sure something else went "click" in all their brains. A switch being thrown off that returned the memory of their identities. I mean it's pretty out of the blue. "Hey we're all hearing the same music, must mean we're Cylons". That's a stretch. Something else must have clicked.

Mr BO

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

funfuzgirl

[82]Aug 14, 2007
    • level: 16
    123home123 wrote:
    A lot more was revealed in the final episodes of S3. I might be careful reading this thread since there are likely to be spoilers from S3.

(I added a spoiler warning to the title of the thread.)

Thank God I'm not very patient person and didn't read anything before I posted

MrBovineOrdure

[83]Aug 15, 2007

Not sure if this was mentioned before but how about Dirk Benedict?

Just got done listening to the commentary on Season 1's Kobol's Last Gleaming Pt 2. He said that they were mulling over several endings including Baltar wandering into a temple on Kobol (similar to one on Caprica). Number 6 states she can't go any further, Baltar presses on only to meet Dirk who says; (paraphrased) "Hello Baltar, I'm God". End scene.

I'm glad the writers/producers were talked out of that ending and really it'd be a pretty cheezy ending, but it *was* amusing.

Mr BO

123home123

[84]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 55
    That sounds like the proposed sequel that Fox was supposedly working on in 2000 or 2001. The new series was supposed to show the members of the fleet some years removed from the end of the original series. (Galactica 1980 was considered to be non-canonical.) At the very end of the story, the crew discovered who was at the center of a new Cylon threat:

***SPOILER***
    I'm glad that series wasn't made. It doesn't sound that notable and it would have also meant that Moore and Eick would never have worked on a BSG series.

freywind

[85]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    Rosslyn is seeing the same vision as the two Cylon's and the baby because she has the baby's blood in her. Or that's what I think.

Invader_of_53

[86]Aug 25, 2007
    hash1978 wrote:

I'm sure this has been mentioned in several other threads, but RDM has already said it's not going to be President Roslin or Admiral Adama, because it would take away too much from the show.

But as Bradley Thompson told the BattlestarWiki: "Nothing's unequivocal until you see it on the screen." Meaning they're still suspects until the last Cylon is revealed to be someone who isn't them.

As for the absence of evidence being evidence in terms of Baltar and a glowing spine - yeah, they have pretty much fessed up that this was a silly concept (similar to Tigh spitting out "Jesus" in the miniseries) and thus it would have been likely dropped by the end of Season 2. Did we see Gina's spine glow?

adamathrace

[87]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 5

I say Roslyn is the Final Cylon, heres my theory

Chief Tyrol : Remember that cylon Cavil and he says "I haven't see you at any of our cylon meetings" or something along those lines it sorta forshadows to what will happen to the cheif in my opinion and everything else slowly builds on that.

Sul Tigh, Anders: Both of these completely frakkin hate the cylons to the point where they have tried there hardest to dethrown the cylons in various ways, Sul Tigh even knew how the snap the knecks of the older cylons, while Anders wanted to get those toasters off his frakkin planet, sorta ironic how they hate the cylons so much that they end up becoming the missing pieces.

And Finally Laura Roslin: The reason i say Laura is her quote in Flight of the Phoenix i think it was, when she said she wouldnt mind one of those younger cylon models, i know this could just be a line a normal throwabout, but BSg seems to like forshadowing events, and that is why i think roslyn as being the final 5 of the 5.

123home123

[88]Sep 30, 2007
    With the "Razor" minisodes airing later this week, I expect people will start speculating again about the identity of the final Cylon. We won't get the answers in the minisodes or the main "Razor" broadcast but we'll find more about the humanoid Cylon program.

pearson252

[89]Oct 7, 2007

I think the 5th Cylon is Cain. the fact they are doing Razor mini-sode before S4 i think backs this up it problem wont reveale this on this mini sode. Cain is the last person people will expect because shes dead. i have other thoughts y this make sense but i'll updated later

tripping82

[90]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    I doubt that Cain will turn out to be the final cylon. Mainly because her lover turned out to be a #6.

My guesses (currently) are Kara, Dee, Gaeta or Zarek. I'm hoping that Zarek will turn out to be the final cylon. Seeing his reaction to finding out would be priceless.

Mangalore

[91]Feb 24, 2008

Possibly major bubbleburst so I put it in Spoiler tags... Not sure but I don't think the identity of the Cylons is as relevant as what their motives are. Maybe I'm wrong though
    ***SPOILER***

EDIT: Well, guess I was wrong. Another season 4 preview Sackhoff is saying she was told early on that she is _not_ a Cylon but something else. The snippet from the promo thus maybe an incharacter misinterpretation by Anders.

Edited on 02/24/2008 9:09am

mfirefly10

[92]Feb 24, 2008
    Tom Zarek. I've thought so since his very first appearance in Bastille Day. As the show progressed, I was only more convinced of his cylon-ness. Think about it: Zarek has been working against the Adama/Roslin leadership since day 1. He also managed to get Baltar elected, something that was obviously detrimnetal to the human race. Also, it's keeping with the music-theory. Zarek wasn't on Galactica when the other four were awakened, so we never saw whether he heard the music. Plus, RDM did that spoiler pic which stated that none of the characters shown were the final cylon. (Granted, he could be lying). If he was telling the truth, there were only a few characters not included in the pic: Dee, Gaeta, Hot Dog, Racetrack, Doc Cottle, Zarek, Romo, and the deceased characters (Cain, Kendra, Billy, Kat, Ellen, etc). So, I'd put my money (if I had any that I could spare) on Zarek. Think of the irony alone! The original Apollo as the final cylon/cylon God? How GREAT would that be???!!!

tripping82

[93]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 14
    mfirefly10 wrote:
    Think of the irony alone! The original Apollo as the final cylon/cylon God? How GREAT would that be???!!!

That would really be something! I really hope he is the final cylon.

123home123

[94]Feb 25, 2008
    That would match the storyline from the unproduced sequel to the original series. That pilot was supposed to pick up the story years or decades after the original series ended. (They may have disregarded Galactica 1980 altogether.) At the end of the pilot, someone would discover that Apollo was the new leader of the Cylons. I don't remember if he was supposed to be some kind of hybrid or merely a traitor like the old Count Baltar from the original show.

Jeric-Ho

[95]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 34
    I do not think it is any of those! definatly not Baltar or Starbuck, would be to obvious if it was Baltar, and we know Starbuck is special, like Leoban and her mother told her, but special in a different way, not a cylon way!

I rule out Roslin, because we already know that her assistant Tory Foster is a cylon, so i dont think they would make her and the president cylons!

Not Bill Adama because he was around before the Cylon war, and before the cylons were made a presume, so i tick him off the list, and with him off, then Lee Adama, because if Bill isnt one then i dont think his son will be, because that would make Bill & Lee cylons, possible Lee cylon hybrid if Bill's wife was human, but they would both still be cylons, and there is only 1 Cylon model from the final 5 left.

But this is what makes me think Bill may possibly be the final Model, or his wife, because on his anniversary he always gets he picture of his wife out of the drawer, and he seems to be able to see and speak to her, and as we know Cylons can project and see things they want to see, but this theory would make Baltar a candidate aswell as he see's Cylon model 6 all the time! very confusing stuff!

But i dont think myself personally that any of those are the final cylon, my personal guesses are and who i would like to be the final cylon are one of these:

Admiral Cain (I know she died, and was sent into space in her coffin, but how do we know that the final 5 models cannot download? possibly in a seperate download facility to the other 7 models)
    Tom Zarek
    Felix Gaeta

weirdaaron

[96]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 3

I get irritated on this topic, because I can't find out who it will be! Im pretty confident that its NOT any of those that are in the poll. It would take me days to explain my reasoning, but ive spent long hours trying to figure it out. Its safe to say (by which I mean its been established) that Laura, Baltar and Starbuck are DEFINITALY not cylons... There is somthing special about them all though. They all have some sort of religous connection to the storyline. Laura is the dying leader that takes them to earth, Starbuck is some sort of profit or somthing, because she had those drawings of the eye in her apartment, and found earth. And god has some plan for Baltar. The only reason Baltar being a cylon is such a huge idea is because in the series, Baltar thinks he might be, and so it focuses on that.

Some of my thoughts.... and some facts too. =p

After thought: The only reason Laura is having suspicous behavior and it points to her being a cylon is because.. SHE HAS CYLON HYBRID BLOOD IN HER!

Edited on 03/02/2008 1:49pm

hash1978

[97]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 9

Sources tell me that the final Cylon is not a machine, but a small town in Wisconsin.

I mean... I can't believe you're still discussing this!!!

[ed] J/K of course, coming from a guy who scours the Internet looking for s4 tidbits when the premiere is only a month away.

Edited on 03/02/2008 5:23pm

lisagraham

[99]Mar 3, 2008
    • level: 30

Foggle wrote:
    My friend's cousin's uncle's proctologist's daughter knows Ron Moore, and he told her directly that Boxey is the final Cylon. You will all cry when you discover I am right.

Boxey? the cute kid that had all his scenes deleted before they aired?

Do you even think people will remember him?

I'm liking the theory that it's someone not on board Galactica... but who?

eater11

[100]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 18
    I believe it was said the Starbuck thinks she is a Cylon in Episode 11 of Season four but Katee Sackhoff thinks differently.