Syfy (ended 2010)
who cars who is the 5th cyclon - noone!
in my opinion all humans in this show are cylons (ye you heared right)
i think that they will travel to earth and discover that they are cylons themselfs
1st human creates cylon =>
=> cylons evlove and wipe them out =>
=> cylons make themselfs more humenlike and after some time they 4get they are cylons and live like humans =>
=> cylons who think they are humans create cylons(again) who wipe them out =>
=> everything repeats
... this explains why "this has happened and will happen again" repeats again again and again in the series
damn i think i guessed the ending of battlestar galactica
I think that everything has been 'too' convinient for Gaius. Things seemed to have always happened to keep him alive and the cyclon plan from marching forward. I think he could definatley be a potential fifth.
Another theory is that the cylon hybrid baby could be the fifth, but a re-incarnation if you will.
Each of the Final Cylons are key members of the fleet, each in a unique position.
Tyrol: Responsible for ship maintenance.
Anders: Keeping Starbuck in check so she can fulfill her destiny?
Tigh: To keep the crew sober by drinking all the brew?
Tori: Moral support to Roslyn, the spiritual leader.
These Cylons have roles as 'protectors' of things extremely important to the very survival of the Humans. Material, Discipline, Spiritual wellbeing, and Hope. So what's missing? Physical wellbeing.
Which is why the doctor should be the final Cylon. And no, not *Baltar the doctor*[/QUOTENope. I think that the final Cylon is the one who sacrifices her or his self for the good of the fleet. At fist I looked at Billy, but then it hit me-Kat Katraine sacrificed herself so that the fleet could get through the Nebula, getting to the planet where Three would have her vision of the final models. So I think the final Cylon is Kat Katraine who represents "Human Sacrefice" to achieve the greater good.
Somehow I always suspected Gaeta for a couple of reasons (not including that he stabbed Baltar):
- He plotted the jump which scattered the fleet after Adama was shot (landing on Kobol, division of the fleet)
- I think he also transmitted the coordinates for the jump back to Caprica (When one raptor found New Caprica), though I am not totally sure about this one
- All final four were on the ground during NC and in the resistance - Gaeta spied for the resistance
Of course all that could be coincidences, considering they could probably make something up for almost everyone
|My money is on Laura Roslin. They're playing up the whole Moses thing and if my Old Testament is correct Moses was a Hebrew raised as an Egyptian who only found out the truth after talking to a buring bush. |
The Cylons are the monothesistic ones (the Hebrews) and the humans the Polytheistic ones (the Egyptians). And if Roslin is Moses, wouldn't that make Roslin.....uhhh a Hebrew?
Besides that I like the Bill Adama idea. Honestly I don't want it to be Starbuck. Its too easy an answer. So my top two choices are Roslin and then Bill Adama. And my if not them then Felix Gaeta or Dualla. But my money is still on Roslin.
who it is I don't know, but I think we can easily eliminate three choices... Gaius, Laura and Starbuck... They all have very intimate relationships with one or more Cylons, which would seem to eliminate them as suspects as it has been mentioned that they have roles to play FOR the Cylons, not AS Cylons...
And do we agree the Adama's are not an option because that would make Hera not special... it would make Lee special
For me biggest shock factor would be Dee or Kat...Doc Cottle is a popular choice, but why would we care about that and Ellen Tigh, please no =)
Can't wait to see the premier!!
It's not Laura it is Starbuck what with her being a confirmed major character for season 4 and all. As someone else already said all the signs that show Laura as the final Cylon can be attributed to the fact that she was injected with the blood from Sharon's baby, think about it a blood connection explains the shared vision a lot better than her being the 5th Cylon.
Sorry but it is as predictable as the finale made it seem. My only concern is what are they going to show in the last season now. All they have left is one epic battle and reaching Earth, sure they are some major events in the plot but enough for a 20 episode season?
dunno if the following has already been said, but here are some of my thoughts:
i read that bill adama has it in his contract that he isn't a cylon - he said it during a conference thing - this could have been a joke, but is kind of interesting.
ALSO, a lot of people have been guessing minor-ish characters - eg kat, gaeta -but it's bound to be a main character considering they're leaving it so long - i think the main clue is when the cylon played by lucy lawless - forget her name - found out who the final 5 cylons were. notice she was only surprised by the main cylon where she sed 'i had no idea' or whatever it was. i think because of this it has to be someone big in the show. in my opinion it means that baltar definitely ISN'T a cylon because she suspected him and it wouldn't have been a shock to her. i see baltar and number 6 as being the links into each others worlds so he must be human, right? starbuck seems the obvious choice so my money's on the president. but what do i know, eh? just some of my thoughts. let me know if you agree/disagree.
My bet would be on either Roslin or Bill Adama, but I tend more on Adama.
The guy's physical strenght has been surprising since the beggining of the show, I mean of course he stays in shape and all, but he just keeps lifting people up and down (sharron during seas2 and now starbuck in seas4), the sentence "who's gonna help you now" also sounds a bit sinister when he's talking to kara (who's been confirmed not to be a cylon). My bet would be that the real Bill Adama died years ago and was just replaced with a copy of himself.
Ok, here (for the record and just in case I am actually right) are my top four choices for the Final Cylon.
1. President Laura Roslin - I like this one because I think TPTB are going with the whole Moses thing. And Moses was a Hebrew raised as an Egyptian and if we follow this analogy and if we take into account that the humans in BSG are the Polytheistic ones (The Egyptians) and the Cylons are the Monotheistic ones (The Hebrews) then this makes Roslin....a Hebrew. I also like the idea because she started out the story as a teacher and maybe her purpose all along was to teach the Cylons something. Maybe she is supposed to teach the Cylons.....how to die. Maybe its not Moses TBTB are going for after all...maybe she's teaching them how to die and not rise again. A lesson the Cylons need to learn if they truly want to learn how to live.
2. Petty Officer Anastasia Dualla - She is a little social climber isn't she? She's come a long way from Sagittarius.(sp?) She like the other Final Five doesn't have any real power but are directly connected to it. She has the ear of both Adama men. She also has a strong hatred for Baltar which seems to be a Prerequisite. I like her for a Cylon because she fits the general mode of protector and seems to be constantly in direct contact with power without holding it herself.
3. Lt. Felix Gaeta - This guy has pinged my Cylondar since day one. Like Dualla he seems to be attracted to power but unlike her he picked the wrong power (Baltar). However when push came to shove he protected humanity even when his own life was in danger. He exhibits a strong attention to detail and is highly efficient although he did break down an try to kill Baltar but that is understandable considering he had almost been executed himself. It would be interesting if it is discovered that he is the final Cylon considering three of the four other Cylons were in "The circle" and nearly had him executed as a traitor. I call that irony.
4. Bill Adama - I know this one is highly unlikely but I like it anyway. Having the elder Adama be a Cylon would make almost all the major characters on the show a Cylon, a half-Cylon, or married/in love/in a relationship with a Cylon. I find that humorous. He is the least likely of the for because it would make Sharon's baby less important, but then again doesn't Tyrol have a kid too? But his kid was born after Sharon's right? Anyway Bill Adama is choice four simply because I kinda like the idea.
As for it being Starbuck, she the one person I'm sure its not. It just screams red herring to me. Unless Ron Moore is pulling a double fake out. You know she can't be Cylon therefore she must be a Cylon, but I don't think so. I think Starbuck is something else. So she is top on my list of definitely NOT a Cylon. Seconded only by Baltar.
So that is my guesses for the record and for posterity.
I know I said a year ago that I'd never post here again because of all the arguments but I'm SURE I have this solved:
1) We have been told repeatedly that Hera is the only hybrid.
2) As Cujol ^^^ said, Cylons seem to be attracted to other Cylons.
3) The Cylon goal isn't hybrids, it's to breed Cylons with Cylons.
Regarding #1 if Hera is the only hybrid and Tyrol is a Cylon then what about his son with Cally? They have to be either both human or both Cylons. So the kid is either fully human or fully Cylon. Isn't that what the Cylon goal is? To reproduce? And regarding #2 the Chief (Cylon) went out with Sharon (Cylon) first and now he's married to Cally (Cylon?). Cally is the fifth Cylon and her kid with Tyrol is the result of the first successful Cylon-Cylon mating.
They base the show off of the original series episodes, characters and events, of course the 2003 version is much more progressive most would agree; with that said, my guess is that the final 5 cylon is lee adama. The reasoning again is loosley based on the fact that apollo (I believe they still refer to lee as apollo don't they?) had a son in the original series or was going to marry the girl that birthed the boy; anywho, the boy had a cylon toy bear called daggett.
This is the closest I could come to figuring it out.
Using reverse logic we can try to eliminate roslin because cylons do not get desease and baltar because he could be replaced anytime and therefore was not worth the count duku's time as he emplored much energy in saving baltar during the trial. Kara is not it either because cylons do not have preminitions on universal and or cosmic events (eye of jupiter); they can only mess with each other's minds, this is why they have those water based humanoids figuring out cosmic things for them.
have fun, hope the show is better than last season. if past is prologue, then it will be. I hope they make three or more movies in the future. I would love to see a new fleet of battlestars or some other aliens that the twelve colonies and the old faithful cylons fought against side by side. Might explain how they made the leap from titanium-copper-silver-gold-silicon to carbon-hydrogen-oxygen.
I like the logic. My guess was Lee Adama because the boy in the original series has a cylon toy bear; incidently called daggett.
Your logic is much better; However I still feel they try to tie things to the original series even off based as mine becuase the two shows are two complement each other, not compete.
i still like your idea better.