Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

ttoupal

[121]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 2
    Helostwin wrote:

I know I said a year ago that I'd never post here again because of all the arguments but I'm SURE I have this solved:

1) We have been told repeatedly that Hera is the only hybrid.

2) As Cujol ^^^ said, Cylons seem to be attracted to other Cylons.

3) The Cylon goal isn't hybrids, it's to breed Cylons with Cylons.

Regarding #1 if Hera is the only hybrid and Tyrol is a Cylon then what about his son with Cally? They have to be either both human or both Cylons. So the kid is either fully human or fully Cylon. Isn't that what the Cylon goal is? To reproduce? And regarding #2 the Chief (Cylon) went out with Sharon (Cylon) first and now he's married to Cally (Cylon?). Cally is the fifth Cylon and her kid with Tyrol is the result of the first successful Cylon-Cylon mating.

the kid is cylon if you believe his blood cured the cancer in roslin; which would then elimnate roslin as supreme cylon. I think lee adama is the final cylon but his dad, the one the only the admiral, truely has the better character to fill the supreme important job; also might explain why he was shot, asian hottie ms. sharon is the smart one and only expert when it comes to the battlestar galactica and I think she is trying to release the special effect that the final five have (whatever sci-fi fantasy you can think of, there is something very special about all of the final five. Hope they save that for the movie(s).

*** Update***

I made a mistake by talking about the wrong kid. As far as we know the cylons can only procreate with humans; might explain why the chief got himself a new girl. No matter what, the chiefs son is very special, regardless if it is half-breed or full-breed. Just taking a quick stab at DNA and reproduction, the best kids will be the half breads. If they ever get a full breed, then whatch out, because the result will be a humanoid that is either very gifted and/or very burdensome and/or very dangerous and/or whatever extreme characteristics we can label humans with; full breeds tend to have more flaws in the DNA structure that accentuate features and behaviors and skills for good and ill depending on what you think normal is.

Please note that the cylon dna pool is only 12; a sure recipe for extinction without human dna being introduced into the pool. question is, how do the cylon offspring feel about hanging out with sharon and #6 during summer vacation or how about sex education 101, 102, 205, 209, 310, 315 and don't forget the course required to get a master's or phd. Put me on the list if there is room, heck I'll apply for the janitor position if I have to.

Edited on 03/29/2008 1:20am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ttoupal

[122]Mar 29, 2008

I think we can safely rule out baltar if we agree that he had no real special status, in the original series, when he was captured and held captive on the cylon basestar. His one true gift is his instinct for survival, willing to sacrifice just about anything to make his living arrangements cozey and nice.

Idbeolderifiwas

[123]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 20
    ttoupal wrote:
    Please note that the cylon dna pool is only 12; a sure recipe for extinction without human dna being introduced into the pool. question is, how do the cylon offspring feel about hanging out with sharon and #6 during summer vacation or how about sex education 101, 102, 205, 209, 310, 315 and don't forget the course required to get a master's or phd. Put me on the list if there is room, heck I'll apply for the janitor position if I have to.

It doesn't matter how limited the gene pool of the Cylons is, due to the fact that they are, in effect, immortal. They will never go extinct because they never die. It's like what Cavil said in The Eye of Jupiter: "Let me point out that It doesn't matter if we find Earth in 5 days, or if we find Earth in 5000 years. We're machines. We'll still be around to savour the great miracle."

123home123

[124]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 55
    ttoupal wrote:
    Good comeback; my answer is the Adama family are the inventors of the cylons; a company and I believe Grandfather Adama created the first machines.

No, Joseph Adama (Lee's gradfather) was a civil rights activist and criminal defense attorney as we found out in the final episodes of Season 3. I think Ronald Moore and David Eick said that the Caprica series will show the Adamas in competition with the Graystones, the family behind the company that creates the Cylons.

deathtok

[125]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 16

Unfortunately I don't believe the final Cylon is any of the people that you have listed here. Think about it, the final cylon needs to be someone that the characters on the show will have emotional ties to. The big reveal can't just be someone you have never heard of. But it can be someone you have barely seen.

That being said I believe the final cylon is:

***SPOILER***

Working off what another poster said about the phrase "This has all happened before and will happen again." Think about how "the grass is always greener on the other side." The story is a big loop in time, human created machines. Machines then wanted to be more human. Then once they are they end up creating machines again. It's a never-ending cycle.

Thoughts?

Edited on 03/29/2008 2:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ttoupal

[126]Mar 30, 2008
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    ttoupal wrote:

It doesn't matter how limited the gene pool of the Cylons is, due to the fact that they are, in effect, immortal. They will never go extinct because they never die. It's like what Cavil said in The Eye of Jupiter: "Let me point out that It doesn't matter if we find Earth in 5 days, or if we find Earth in 5000 years. We're machines. We'll still be around to savour the great miracle."

very good i must conceed; however, the most probable resurrection of the body is cloning which is of course problematic and very prone to replication error. the soul and memory are then, i only surmise, is combined and normalized down to one (one resurrected entity with that of the body's infant entity).

I recall a star trek episode where a civilazation that relied on cloning to produce offspring eventually reached some sort of cloning error saturation point where the body itself was unable to repair dna damage faster than, if you will, the free radical cells that were perpetuating new errors. but those cylons are pretty clever and may have some sort of test to reconcile the mathmatical uncertainties introduced into the process and therefore minimize the net effect to a level of known error level the dna can repair; mean time between failure would then be sustained for the requisite expected life span.

Vetrus1

[127]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 6

I always thought the fifth would be female to balance the numbers, and my initial thought was either Admiral Cain or Kendra Shaw (dont know how they're spelled). I think its gonna be Kendra Shaw for a few reasons

- Other original cylons all occupy key positions in the remaining colony whilst still being out of the full spotlight, Adamas best friend and second in command, the presidents aide and adviser, the husband of the person who turns out to be the some kind of prophet leading them to earth, and the Chief who is basically the closest friend of the ship itself and the heart of the crew. The only remaining part of the colony was Pegasus and so the remaining Cylon is probably one of the people closest to that Leader.

- Kendra conveniently arrived on the Pegasus the very day of the attack.

- It was her choice to be there, the Admiral accused her of using her mothers influence to get on board.

- shes the one that gets the ftl drive online and makes the uncharted jump that could put them in a star but instead puts them safe (probability is on her side in reality with all that space to aim for, kinda like throwing a stone in the ocean and missing the fish)

- original Cylons seem to be almost too human, her use of drugs to cope with the stress is similar to Col. Tighe, I think shes also tuning a radio in that scene and Starbuck make the comment 'you are human after all' (or sommet like that).

-only the four cylons show up for the music so is the other one temporarily unavailable?

- she chooses to stay on the ship with the nuke and finds her way to the Hybrid and the warning about Starbuck.

I havent read much about who it could or couldnt be so if the actress has already been ruled out or shes dead or something i'll be really pissed, it has to be her. BRING ON SEASON 4!

Edited on 03/31/2008 7:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

CoolUserName

[128]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 7

I have a bold prediction for who the final Cylon is: Adm. Adama's ex-wife Carolanne. She is presumed dead after the attack on the Colonies, but I bet she survived somehow, being Cylon and all. This would obviously mean that Lee is a hybrid. It would be a hard thing for Adama to accept that his beloved was in fact a toaster in disguise, and would make co-existence with Cylons a possibility, maybe?

prettyedy

[129]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    I think it has to be someone big, like Roslin. But, it can't be someone as big as Starbuck. I don't think it should be someone obvious like Baltar.

ndk28

[130]Apr 2, 2008

Unfortunately I don't believe the final Cylon is any of the people that you have listed here. Think about it, the final cylon needs to be someone that the characters on the show will have emotional ties to. The big reveal can't just be someone you have never heard of. But it can be someone you have barely seen.

That being said I believe the final cylon is:

***SPOILER***

Working off what another poster said about the phrase "This has all happened before and will happen again." Think about how "the grass is always greener on the other side." The story is a big loop in time, human created machines. Machines then wanted to be more human. Then once they are they end up creating machines again. It's a never-ending cycle.

Thoughts?

That's a really good theory!!! It would be a HUGE twist if that character returned and was a Cylon. Very interesting... I haven't heard that theory yet

Edited on 04/02/2008 8:16pm

madhi19

[131]Apr 3, 2008

I like the idea that there one Cylon for every colony. If that the big plot twist I think we need to look at Dee because we know she Sagittarian. And I think they would reveal it early on because the real big twist would be who is Cylon number 13 who represent Earth and that Cylon is Starbuck but they would rule her out has a Cylon after the first episode of season 4 just so the subject could come back later has a big surprise. By the end of season 4 when they get to earth what do you think they would find? I see four possibility with a few variable

1a: A very advanced human civilization who help the fleet and Galactica and together they eradicate most of the Cylon or force at least an end to the war. 1b:A very advanced human civilization who want nothing to do with Galactica the fleet or the Cylon.

2a: A very advanced human type Cylon civilization that willing to help humanity or the Cylon put an end to the war one way or the other. 2b: A very advanced human type Cylon civilization who want nothing to do with Galactica the fleet or the Cylon.

3a A very advanced hybrid civilization part Human part Cylon that willing to help humanity or the Cylon put an end to the war one way or the other. 3b: A very advanced hybrid civilization part Human part Cylon who want nothing to do with Galactica the fleet or the Cylon.

4a A desert planet where human and Cylon have killed each other in a apocalyptic war eon ago teaching both human and Cylon that their war is futile! 4b: A desert planet where human are riding sandworm and are having vision of a blue eyed messiah! lollll

Unlikely: Our world has it is should be ruled out since that what they did for Galactica 1980 and that did not work too well. A backwater civilization is also unlikely because it would lead nowhere but to the end of Humanity off course that might not be ruled out too.

Anyway we will know in 1 day 18 hours 30 minutes!

Edited on 04/03/2008 12:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

Idbeolderifiwas

[132]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 20
    Truthfully, we wont really know until late in the season who the final one is. Obviously they're doing it that way so it isn't revealed in the first episode hence ruining a perfectly good plot for the whole season.

madhi19

[133]Apr 3, 2008
    1 day 5 hours 17 minutes until it showtime.

montogma23

[134]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 6
    CoolUserName wrote:

I have a bold prediction for who the final Cylon is: Adm. Adama's ex-wife Carolanne. She is presumed dead after the attack on the Colonies, but I bet she survived somehow, being Cylon and all. This would obviously mean that Lee is a hybrid. It would be a hard thing for Adama to accept that his beloved was in fact a toaster in disguise, and would make co-existence with Cylons a possibility, maybe?

ITA!I have a feeling that it's going to end up being adama's ex wife also and have lee end up being the first hybrid child.

Vincent2013

[135]Apr 4, 2008

First let me say that I used to look at commercials about new episodes of the show, and I would say " This looks like it could be a good show, but I didnt catch it from the beginning.". I finally caved in and watched an episode and would you believe it, it was Crossroads Part 2. The music at the end and the panning through space to sow earth is what got me, And now I get to see how all the characters got to the places they are currently on because I have been watching the Marathon, and I freakin love this show, and Im so angry that I am catching it when its at its end.

That being said I think the last Cylon is Bill Adama, because when D Anna looked at the fifth cylon she said " I didnt know'. I figured it was because she sent Bulldog to kill Adama, and seeing him she felt a sort of regret. I also believe that its not someone who died, because, and correct me if Im wrong but didnt someone say that there is only one copy of the last five

MajLorne

[136]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 21
    Hem, I dunno if Bill Adama is a Cylon, cuz when the 'last 4 of 5' all met together, they heard that music that 'woke them up'. So unless Bill Adama didn't hear it/ignored it/wasn't sent that signal, then I really have to doubt it is him.
    But however, that would totally turn the whole show upside down more than having Col. Tigh as a Cylon.

madhi19

[137]Apr 4, 2008
    I feel bad for Col. Tigh that old bastard deserved better than to become a skinjob!

ebony_kunoichi

[138]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 13

I agree poor Tigh! Has any thought it might be D, Lee's wife or maybe Gaeta. I have always suspectd him due to numerous reasons.

BTW Dualla will be at a scifi convention this weekend in Plano, TX and I will be there!!! woo hoo!!

kellovestv

[139]Apr 4, 2008
    I think it's either Admiral Cain or Ellen Tigh. Cain--why all that background in the Razor episode to just off her character? Ellen has had mystery surrounding her all along...how did she survive? where was she all that time before revealing herself to Saul?

Vincent2013

[140]Apr 4, 2008
    Did anyone catch the new banner, it has four of the five, or does it have 5 of the 5(hint, hint), and I just remembered didnt Leoben tell Roslin that Adama was a cylon, I know it was in the first (I think) maybe it was to get it out the way. People would forget about it and then bring it back up, either way Im saying that its Bill Adama, final answer, until they reveal him or her.