Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

POLL: Who is the Final Cylon? (spoilers)

Who do you think is the Final Cylon?

Sektos

[141]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    Yes but none of the 7 are meant to know who final five are. Leoben does seem to have more insigth than the others into things, but i dont think he knows that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MikaWasHere

[142]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 2

I think the fifth cylon is so obvious if you think who would make the biggest impact - as it has to be someone A) unexpected and B) someone who'se involvement is a shock and would affect many people. And like "deathtok", i too have for a LONG time thought that the best choice would indeed be Zak Adama.

To Bill Adama it would be the return of his dead son.
    To Apollo the return of his dead brother.
    And to Starbuck the return of his ex-fiancee.

So many people would be affected, that it would be an odd choice on the show's creators part NOT to take advance of this.

And yes, the fact that Zak is indeed mentioned in the new S4 opener makes me believe this even further. The audience has now been reminded of his excistence. And that scene of course can be used in the "previously on BSG" part of the episode where Zak finally appears...

However he probably won't be revealed in a while.
    Most likely on the second-half of the season...

So yes, Adama is a cylon afterall.

MichaudMR

[143]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 17

If it is Zak Adama then the Final Five are truely different than the others. Unless the Cylons can manipulate the memories of both Bill and Lee, Zak was given birth by a human mother and raised from infancy to adulthood. This would be an important clue as it would allow for the Cylons to somehow implant human women with Cylon offspring, something which was hinted at when Kara was imprisoned at "the farm" on Caprica.

At this point I'm leaning in the direction of Tom Zarek as he seems to always be in a position to manipulate events but not be directly in charge.

ribex

[144]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 4

I really don't think it could be Zak since we found out in the Season 4 premiere episode that the final five are all in the Colonial Fleet. On the other hand, I saw the ep "Flesh and Bone" again this morning, where Leoben tells Roslin "Adama is a Cylon." Since it seems that everything he told Starbuck is probably true, then as much as I don't want to believe it, I have to allow the possiblity that Bill Adama is a Cylon. Now, I'm staring at the BSG banner above, and there are 5 people in it. 4 are known Cylons, and the 5th? Admiral Adama! Oh, the confusion!

H1rg0n

[145]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    Here is a thought?

12 Cylon models....12 Colonies....but the 13th tribe is still part of the mythos....so why not a 13th Cylon? making the reveal of the 12th insignificant when a 13th one comes into the picture.

rslade70

[146]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    I have been thinking it is Hera. I think the final 5's are born from humans and have a gene in them which makes them one of the 5. (passed from generation to generation).

rslade70

[147]Apr 15, 2008
    The more I think of it, the more I agree with myself about Hera. She probally DID hear the music, but after all, just a infant, she cant walk down the hallway to the room where the other 4 met.

tripping82

[148]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    Hera's not alone though...there's also Nicholas (Cally & Tyrol's son). Unless, of course, Cally turns out to be the final cylon - then Nicholas would be praised in the Cylon community as the first Cylon on Cylon child.

rslade70

[149]Apr 15, 2008
    tripping82 wrote:
    Hera's not alone though...there's also Nicholas (Cally & Tyrol's son). Unless, of course, Cally turns out to be the final cylon - then Nicholas would be praised in the Cylon community as the first Cylon on Cylon child.

I belive that Hera is alone. I dont think she is the same as Tyrol's son. Tyrol is the "active" knowing final 5 member. He did not pass the gene to his son. BUT I believe that Helo passed it to his daughter.

tripping82

[150]Apr 15, 2008
    So you think that Hera is a hybrid and Nicholas is not? Seriously?

rslade70

[151]Apr 15, 2008
    I belive they are both hybrids, but I believe that only Hera is one of the final 5.

MikaWasHere

[152]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 2

Well that's just stupid. The final five were all standing in the temple with the hoods over their heads...

Idbeolderifiwas

[153]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 20
    MikaWasHere wrote:

Well that's just stupid. The final five were all standing in the temple with the hoods over their heads...

And one of them certainly wasn't 18 inches tall

sycophantic15

[154]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 3
    hmmm...ive been pondering this too, along with the rest of the world. its pretty cool how the four uncovered cyclons have a specific standing within the fleet with an ability to take it down.

tory - roslin
    tigh - adama(s)
    Tyrol - bsg flight deck (a character unto itself)
    Anders - starbuck

the cylons dont seem to have second guessed themselves at all and double covered areas, it all seems a quite neat and tidy plan. so i think that if roslin or the adamas were cylons it would be overkill, yknow. starbuck is too obvious. (like there is 3 men already in the final five, so the next cylon should be female). im not sure who it could be. ive been thinking tom zerrick, but then again he has a very publicly profiled history blowing up gear so...

ive also been thinking about that kid that helo and boomer picked up from caprica, who is about 13? i mean, hes come back a couple of times. it seems like there should be some type of plot line for him. what are the infestimal chances that boomer and helo dropped in on a pack of escaping humans conatining gaius baltar. under the assumption that baltar is human, could the kid have been an unassuming beacon? i think im just reaching here...yeh nah. scratch that. im tryna think who d'anna would be talking to.

anyways, im torn over the idea that roslin would be a cylon. the main reason i thought she was human was becuase: why would a cylon have cancer? but then, hello, why would six always be spouting off about how 'it has all happened b4 and will again'. then it makes sense that the cancer would a programmed event that self-limits the cycle's rebirth. but on the other hand, it is not a well thought out plan to count on the 43RD in line to the presidency being alive after a nuke attack.

just some thoughts. had to sound them out. whatdythink?

labrikos

[155]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 11

Re: Nick - Hera: Hera is a bit more special than Nick, since Nick had the perfect environment as a fetus rather than Hera, as Sharon had certain complications during her delivery due to the cylons' imperfect reproductive system. Hera actually was conceived in and delivered by a cylon!! Thats why so great emphasis was placed on her.

Re: final cylon: i think we will end up with a 13 afterall, the very final member not being a cylon, but a creator of some sort (to be sorted out in 'caprica' probably). the 5 would not come up with the idea and i still guess that among the 13, there will be 5 female and 8 male members. my guess is that the remaining female to be added will be among the final cylons, rather than being the human creator. also, rdm excessively pronounced that neither will adama, nor roslin, nor starbuck is a cylon, as they would just be too obvious and far too dramatic. i find this both sensible and mysterious.

Re: ending of this season: EJO said that they will, at the end, reach earth, but the right question would be to ask when...would they land in somewhere 4000 BC or present or 3000 years after that? i think this is worth thinking about, and would help to put together the pieces we have in hand so far.

rslade70

[156]Apr 16, 2008
    labrikos wrote:

Re: ending of this season: EJO said that they will, at the end, reach earth, but the right question would be to ask when...would they land in somewhere 4000 BC or present or 3000 years after that? i think this is worth thinking about, and would help to put together the pieces we have in hand so far.

I think it will not be present day. I am sure it will have some interesting twist whenever it is, but I would think they would not do the present day since the 1980 show already did that.

tripping82

[157]Apr 16, 2008
    I think that they are the 13th tribe...they'll get to earth and Cylons and Humans will be living with each other. Peacefully? Prolly not...but getting along nonetheless

hikinggirl70

[158]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 20
    After reading every body's opinions on who the last Cylon is I don't believe it is anybody on the list. Starbuck is too obvious and Lee and Will Adama are shown young and growing up so they are out. Roslin has cancer and Cylons don't get sick. Balter is too obvious as well so I think it is a character that can influence a major character so I believe it is Dee.

Vincent2013

[159]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 7
    Either way whoever the final cylon is it will come to an absolute shock to everyone. I mean I tink that its Bill Adama but if it does turn out to be him my jaw will still drop to the floor.

123home123

[160]Apr 17, 2008
    • level: 55
    sycophantic15 wrote:
    ive also been thinking about that kid that helo and boomer picked up from caprica, who is about 13? i mean, hes come back a couple of times. it seems like there should be some type of plot line for him. what are the infestimal chances that boomer and helo dropped in on a pack of escaping humans conatining gaius baltar. under the assumption that baltar is human, could the kid have been an unassuming beacon? i think im just reaching here...yeh nah. scratch that. im tryna think who d'anna would be talking to. ...

That was Boxey. You might also have noticed that Boxey's father was the Armistice Station Officer at the beginning of the Miniseries. The officer put a photo of Boxey on the table in front of him before Number Six walked in.

Boxey disappeared from the show soon after. I think he was only in one or two regular episodes. He had a couple other scenes but they were cut from the final broadcast versions. I doubt we'll be seeing him again.

However, we have seen Boxey's father again... sort of. That same actor currently plays Charlie Connor, one of the two thugs from last week's episode ("Six of One"). He had prosthetic make-up on when he filmed the Miniseries.