Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Possible benefit to delayed start of Season Three

123home123

[1]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 55
    Ronald Moore said that Season Two was much more difficult to put together simply because there were 20 episodes instead of 13. He always felt constrained by time limitations and the need to churn out the episodes. The long break between S2 and S3 will give him, the writers, the cast and the crew a lot more time to focus on all the details and add everything that they want to/need to.

Like everyone else, I'd like to see S3 begin a little sooner than October, but it could mean that Moore's vision for the show is more completely realized.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jawsomemax

[2]Mar 26, 2006
    • level: 5
    i agree.. I actually want to take the next months to catch up.. Rewatch seasons 1 and 2 to get ready for 3

sassy_eggs

[3]Mar 26, 2006
    • level: 45
    It is a bummer to have to wait so long but if it benefits the show then who are we to complain?

Some of the storylines of season 2 were just plain bad or boring, so the more time they have to work on season 3's storylines the better.

sassy_eggs

[4]Mar 26, 2006
    • level: 45
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 03/26/2006 5:04pm

FrakkingFrakker

[5]Mar 26, 2006
    • level: 28
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 03/29/2006 6:56am

Azarai

[6]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    Maybe I'm just dense or something, but I didn't think any of season 2 was bad. It was all interesting, it was all compelling....I SUPPOSE we could have done without some of the filler episodes, but I like the show a bit too much to gripe about that personally.....
    But I'm still kinda....dissapointed that it's starting so late. Don't get me wrong, there's a good point brought up about more of a chance for detail and quality, but I'm impatient! Lol...It's always the best shows they keep one waiting for...*sigh*

doofman2

[7]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 16
    I don't really think you can criticize the show for having filler episodes. If there's one thing I learned from watching DS9 (especially the last couple of seasons), is that you can't have continuous war, peril and death EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. Eventually, a lot of fans (like me) are going to get burned out keeping up with the frantic pace of 20 completely continuous episodes where the fate of the entire show hangs in the balance constantly. Now, if you want to criticize the QUALITY of the particular filler episodes they did, that's fine. I personally thought that they were fine, not great, but entertaining, and helped break things up fairly well. It's kinda like a baseball team where the 1-7 hitters are so great, it doesn't matter if the #8 guy is hitting .210, you can be more than satisfied with the group as a whole.

FrakkingFrakker

[8]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 28
    I deleted my previous post in this thread because of it's possible inflamatory nature, and the fact that I think it took the thread in a direction unintended by it's creator.

I support the wait inasmuch as it might benefit us in high quality episodes. I applaud the decision if it is indeed based on the artistic integrity of the producers and the show.

enervator

[9]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 38
    I hated hearing that there was going to be such a long wait before the next season, but like everyone else if that means that the season will benefit from the wait then that's fine with me. I thought the second season was very good, much stronger than the first in my opinion. I really found myself looking forward to the next week's episode, and I'm definitely looking forward to the conclusion of this cliffhanger later this year, and I honestly couldn't say that I felt that anticipation in the first season.