Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Prophecy of the First Hybrid *Spoilers*

ISpeakTheTruth

[1]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 33

Since we know what has happened in the first half of the last season of the show we can look back at what the first hybrid said in the movie Razor and start to understand what he was talking about and what he might be saying is going to happen.

"At last, they've come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves." - Now in the highlighted text we can see now that he was clearly talking about Tigh and the others finding out that they are cylons.

"The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her." -I think its fair to assume that he was talking about Adama finding Rosilin after the baseship jumped.

"Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable." - This is obviously speaking of the events that happened in the midseason finale with the rebel Cylons joining the fleet in their jump to 'earth'.

"And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering." -Now here is where we can debate about the meaning of his prophecy and here is where I will make a guess about who he is talking about. Ellen Tigh: Clawing for light makes me think that the fifth has been 'killed' and buried and claws their way out of the grave. And redemption meaning Ellen's working with the Cylons. You may disagree.

"I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of one splintering into many. And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning." - And now here is my final interpritation of events that will happen. Since the linear line that he was describing makes me believe he's talking about something that is yet to happen I believe that when he said that 'The Seven, now six' makes me think that he wasn't talking about D'anna being boxed but instead that one of the Signifigant seven models will completely die. I think D'anna will die in the second half of the series finale simply because she's the only one of her model left. The reasons I think this is because the Cylons have sinned against one another and the final big sin was destroying the Hub making every death for them a real and permanent death.

Then comes the part where he says they will join the promised land This makes me think the planet that they fleet is on right now is not earth. In the previous verse he called the planet 'The way forward' instead of the end. And in the last line he calls where they are going to go on the wings of an angel (Who that angel is is debatable: Kara Thrace, Rosilin, Baltar?) will find the promise land, and it will not be the end but a begininng of a new civilisations and possibly and new race of people Cylons and Humans becoming one?

Now by all means call my reading of the prophecy insane and give me yours

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rivenhall

[2]Jun 27, 2008
    • level: 2

"The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her." -I think its fair to assume that he was talking about Adama finding Rosilin after the baseship jumped.

It is fair to assume that, but I also wonder if he was talking about Lee finding Kara coming out of the soup in her brand new Viper. It was about the same time and it was also v. confused with the Dylan four discovering themselves as well, which he refers to.

"And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering." -Now here is where we can debate about the meaning of his prophecy and here is where I will make a guess about who he is talking about. Ellen Tigh: Clawing for light makes me think that the fifth has been 'killed' and buried and claws their way out of the grave. And redemption meaning Ellen's working with the Cylons. You may disagree.

My interpretation of this 'shadow' clawing to the light is that the shadow signifies ignorance and light signifies knowledge. The fifth is in shadow because he/she is as yet unknown to all but Three.

As for hungering for redemption, we don't know that this redemption is personal. It may be that the being wishes for the redemption of others - a biblical reference?

I like your theory of the Seven now Six referring to a future 'death' of D'Anna and not of the boxing. I agree that the Hybrid could be talking around multiple timelines here and time itself may mean nothing to him, (which is very Sisko at the start of DS9, actually.)

You aren't insane. If you are, then we all are. That's some good thinking.

Edited on 06/27/2008 4:29pm

lisagraham

[3]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 30

I really enjoyed both your posts... and think you are both on the right track... And thank you for your great re-cap of the First Hybrid's words... But you left out the Kara Thrace prophecy... How come?

ISpeakTheTruth

[4]Jun 29, 2008
    I thought it wasn't needed, everyone is well versed in it and it was also said in the series by another hybrid.

lisagraham

[5]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 30
    Fair enough... Thanks for indulging my curiosity

krinks

[6]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

I will respectfully disagree here. It's not a bad theory, actually, but it isn't the way I am thinking. What I believe right now is that they actually ARE on Earth, but that Earth is not "The Promised Land" of the Pythian prophecies. I think that the fifth is on Earth, and (s)he somehow caused the cataclysm that destroyed the planet. Because of that (s)he is searching for a way to redeem himself/herself, and "the howl of terrible suffering" was the disaster that wiped out the planet.

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning." - And now here is my final interpritation of events that will happen. Since the linear line that he was describing makes me believe he's talking about something that is yet to happen I believe that when he said that 'The Seven, now six' makes me think that he wasn't talking about D'anna being boxed but instead that one of the Signifigant seven models will completely die. I think D'anna will die in the second half of the series finale simply because she's the only one of her model left. The reasons I think this is because the Cylons have sinned against one another and the final big sin was destroying the Hub making every death for them a real and permanent death.

I've been thinking about that for some time too. You could argue both ways, but I think that you're right about one of the major models dying. Whether it's D'Anna, Six or Leoben, only time will tell.

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

Then comes the part where he says they will join the promised land This makes me think the planet that they fleet is on right now is not earth. In the previous verse he called the planet 'The way forward' instead of the end. And in the last line he calls where they are going to go on the wings of an angel (Who that angel is is debatable: Kara Thrace, Rosilin, Baltar?) will find the promise land, and it will not be the end but a begininng of a new civilisations and possibly and new race of people Cylons and Humans becoming one?

Now by all means call my reading of the prophecy insane and give me yours

See my above paragraph regarding them being on earth. I do agree, however, that Earth is not "The Promised Land," but will provide the final clue and/or final Cylon to show them the way to the true Promised Land (Hey ... it just occurred to me, but wouldn't it be ironic if The Promised Land was Kobol...? How CRUEL would that be?)

As far as the "wings of an angel" reference, I think that it isn't going to be Kara. In the past, Head Six was asked by Baltar what she was. He knew she wasn't a chip in his head, and she knew too much about the Cylons for her to be a psychological manifestation. Baltar points this out and asks her what she is, to which she replies that she's an angel of God, sent to help them. I believe that it will somehow be Head Six and Baltar that finally get everyone to the Promised Land. The references to Kara as Aurora would seem to indicate that she will GUIDE them to where they need to go, but Baltar/Head Six will actually be able to provide the means.

Having disagreed with some of your post, I must say it's a good post all the same, and good arguments for it. I can't wait for the final episodes. Here's hoping that there's going to be 12 in stead of 10...!

inad1212

[7]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Great call on the Ellen Tigh. You were exactly right.

ISpeakTheTruth

[8]Jan 18, 2009
    Well I do Speak The Truth lol

scififan12921

[9]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 6

Great post! Might be possible that D'anna wanting to stay behind on Earth is what the hybrid is referring to. This would allow them to involve her later, I think the character is too cool to eliminate this early.

Awesome call on Ellen Tigh!