Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

"Saul stay with the fleet"

ISpeakTheTruth

[1]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 33

As we probably remember in the episode 'No Exit' while Anders was having his word salad hybrid rant the last thing he said was telling Tigh to stay with the fleet, that a miracle was about to happen and that HE had to stay with the fleet. Again they showed that scene before starting last weeks episode, I think its fair to assume that Tigh refusing to leave the fleet in that episode MAY have been what Anders was talking about but here's what I'm wondering what is the miracle? I assume the miraclle wasnt that Tigh's son was going to die because of it cuz well.... that miracle sucks.

What do you think the miracle is? Keeping in mind that Anders wasn't talking to Chief or Whats-Her-Face he was only talking to Saul. I think Tigh's son may have been reborn in Anders because he was brain dead Liam could have downloaded into him?

What do you think the Miracle is?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scififan12921

[2]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

As we probably remember in the episode 'No Exit' while Anders was having his word salad hybrid rant the last thing he said was telling Tigh to stay with the fleet, that a miracle was about to happen and that HE had to stay with the fleet. Again they showed that scene before starting last weeks episode, I think its fair to assume that Tigh refusing to leave the fleet in that episode MAY have been what Anders was talking about but here's what I'm wondering what is the miracle? I assume the miraclle wasnt that Tigh's son was going to die because of it cuz well.... that miracle sucks.

What do you think the miracle is? Keeping in mind that Anders wasn't talking to Chief or Whats-Her-Face he was only talking to Saul. I think Tigh's son may have been reborn in Anders because he was brain dead Liam could have downloaded into him?

What do you think the Miracle is?

i think you hit the nail on the head, the only other possibility I see is the end of the conflict between cylon and human

ISpeakTheTruth

[3]Feb 23, 2009
    Though if I am right then Anders was very cool with the idea that he was going to become a vegitable so Liam could be 'born'

MrBovineOrdure

[4]Feb 23, 2009

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    Though if I am right then Anders was very cool with the idea that he was going to become a vegitable so Liam could be 'born'

but in that same scene, wasn't he shouting to Kara for them not to take him to the operating theater? Saying; "YOU OWE ME FOR WHAT I DID ON THE DEMETRIUS KARA!!" He didn't look to cool about becoming a vegetable then. He looked like he wanted to retain his memories at all costs.

I'm thinking the miracle would be something else. Perhaps on a Deaus-ex-machina order. That GOD will finally intervene.

Mr BO

Edited on 02/23/2009 3:18pm

Daxx00004

[5]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

ISpeakTheTruth wrote:

but in that same scene, wasn't he shouting to Kara for them not to take him to the operating theater? Saying; "YOU OWE ME FOR WHAT I DID ON THE DEMETRIUS KARA!!" He didn't look to cool about becoming a vegetable then. He looked like he wanted to retain his memories at all costs.

I'm thinking the miracle would be something else. Perhaps on a Deaus-ex-machina order. That GOD will finally intervene.

Mr BO

I agree that the miracle is something else. I imagine the miracle will be finding a planet that both Humans and Cylons can call home. That there will be a final peace and that the cylons and humans will interbreed so there will just be people.

ISpeakTheTruth

[6]Feb 23, 2009
    Valid ideas though I have to ask one thing if Liam didn't download into Anders than why did the writers make him temporarily brain dead for? At the end of Deadlock his brain signals started up again so why turn them off to begin with?

MrBovineOrdure

[7]Feb 24, 2009

I think the fetus downloading into Anders is feasible. I'm just not sure that's the miracle that Anders was talking about.

Here's something that can accommodate all the theories.

The fetus downloads into Anders to become the personification of the Cylon GOD then points the way to the real earth. (or at least a habitable planet)

Mr BO

ISpeakTheTruth

[8]Feb 24, 2009
    I'd actually love that to happen only making the Cylon god be the First Cylon from Razor because I think that is who the Cylon god really is. He did say that his children think he is god... what else could that possibly mean?

scififan12921

[9]Feb 24, 2009
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    I'd actually love that to happen only making the Cylon god be the First Cylon from Razor because I think that is who the Cylon god really is. He did say that his children think he is god... what else could that possibly mean?
    i'm still not sure about him, i mean he was talking to Adama in the webisodes and the war ended while he was doing it. I think he may have been a hybrid that didn't go along with the five. That's why he still had old style centurions, even in Razor.

Daxx00004

[10]Feb 24, 2009
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    Valid ideas though I have to ask one thing if Liam didn't download into Anders than why did the writers make him temporarily brain dead for? At the end of Deadlock his brain signals started up again so why turn them off to begin with?

For dramatic purposes. He may be "rebooting" and when he wakes up has his old memories and old personality. Ellen didn't seem to consider him "dead".

Tadanga

[11]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    "Saul, stay with fleet.
    It's all starting to happen,
    It's the miracle,
    Right here,
    It's a gift from the angels
    Saul, stay with fleet !!"

"It's the miracle" makes me think that the 5's endgame is about to happen.The angels reference, however, seems to me purely metaphorical and that there will be no last minute "divine" intervention although there have been quite a few hints as to an outside force guiding both humans and cylons.

ISpeakTheTruth

[12]Feb 26, 2009
    But again I have to ask why he was only saying that to Tigh? If it involved the F5's 'endgame' then why not tell everyone to stay with the fleet? Why just Tigh?

Also think of this the first Hybrid said something like. "They will be gathered on the wings of an angel."

Tadanga

[13]Feb 26, 2009
    • level: 3
    >ISpeakTheTruth

I went over all hybrid ramblings for the last season and I found no mention of the quote : "They will be gathered on the wings of an angel."
    Do you still remember when did that happen ?

Season 4 - Razor (male hybrid)
    All this has happened before and will happen again
    What am I ? A man or am I a machine ?
    Our children believe I am a God
    Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end
    She is the herald the Apocalypse, the harbinger of death
    They must not follow her
    As my own existence comes to a close
    Only to begin anew in ways uncertain
    All this has happened before and will happen again, again, again, again

Season 4 - Faith
    Then shall the maidens rejoice at the dance
    The children of the one reborn shall find their own country
    The obstinate toy soldier becomes pliant
    The city devores the land
    The people devore the city
    Intruders swarm like flame, like the whirlwind,
    Hopes soaring, to slaughter all their best against our hulls
    And these things that wants and many more,
    not because it wishes harm,
    but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly.
    Reset
    But you are a spark of God's fire
    Thus will come to pass
    A dying leader will know the truth of the Opera House
    The missing Three will give you the Five, who have come from the home of the Thirteenth
    You are the harbinger of death Kara Thrace
    You will lead them all to their end.
    End of line.

Season 4 - The Hub
    The Six who went among the makers is no longer
    End of line
    Back in the stream that feeds the ocean that feeds the stream
    Protect the child
    The Three is online
    To remove the pump with the attached hose and wiring, simultaneously release the three tanks while pulling the pump out of the retainer along with the line and wiring.
    Jump

ISpeakTheTruth

[15]Feb 26, 2009
    The first Hybrid said it in the Razor extended edition here is the entire quote he said.

At last, they've come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of the one splintering into many. And then, they will join at the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning.

scififan12921

[16]Feb 26, 2009
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    But again I have to ask why he was only saying that to Tigh? If it involved the F5's 'endgame' then why not tell everyone to stay with the fleet? Why just Tigh?

Also think of this the first Hybrid said something like. "They will be gathered on the wings of an angel."

If Daniel is alive and with the fleet and Kara is his daughter she could be the angel being referred to. Didn't Leobon say she was an angel when he first saw her face to face on Demitrius?

ISpeakTheTruth

[17]Feb 26, 2009
    That I actually think may be true... though it seems to be a bit of a contradiction if she's the angel that will bring not an end but a begining by leading them to the promised land how can se also be the end of the human race and as another hybrid called her 'End of Line'

I think its Anders... he has the angel wing tatoo on his arm just like Kara... if Liam is in his body maybe he's the angel that will lead everyone to the promised land and Kara may be an alternative (bad) path? Or maybe Anders and Kara will have the same path when you put their tatoos together it looks like the 'wings of an angel'?

Who knows I just like the healthy debate

scififan12921

[18]Feb 27, 2009
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    That I actually think may be true... though it seems to be a bit of a contradiction if she's the angel that will bring not an end but a begining by leading them to the promised land how can se also be the end of the human race and as another hybrid called her 'End of Line'

I think its Anders... he has the angel wing tatoo on his arm just like Kara... if Liam is in his body maybe he's the angel that will lead everyone to the promised land and Kara may be an alternative (bad) path? Or maybe Anders and Kara will have the same path when you put their tatoos together it looks like the 'wings of an angel'?

Who knows I just like the healthy debate

me too, either way it will make things interesting. Anders did refer to the tatooes once, after New Caprica( I can't remember the episode but I think it was the one with the Circle) he puts his arm to hers and says"do you remember these? Do you remember what they mean?" Kara then pretty much blows him off. May have been a hidden clue

ISpeakTheTruth

[19]Feb 27, 2009
    OK I think after watching the newest episode I'm almost 100% that Liam downloaded into Anders. The foreshadowing in the episode was just too much, and it all came from Tigh when he went to see Anders by himself.

Tigh: "The little guy was looking right at me." God could it be any clearer? And take not that Ander's eyes were open when the episode started and from what we know Tigh was the last person to see him then... Ander's eyes are closed afterwards. Like he had seen the person he was looking for?

Daxx00004

[20]Feb 28, 2009
    ISpeakTheTruth wrote:
    OK I think after watching the newest episode I'm almost 100% that Liam downloaded into Anders. The foreshadowing in the episode was just too much, and it all came from Tigh when he went to see Anders by himself.

Tigh: "The little guy was looking right at me." God could it be any clearer? And take not that Ander's eyes were open when the episode started and from what we know Tigh was the last person to see him then... Ander's eyes are closed afterwards. Like he had seen the person he was looking for?

When he said "the little guy was looking right at me" I thought he was talking about viewing the body of his son not seeing Sam. I still don't understand what would be the point of an unborn infant downloading into an adult. He would be an adult with a baby's mind. Unless you are assuming that a mature mind was in Liam when he died.