Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Ship of Light (spoilers)

Would you find it neat if we saw the Ship of Light in the new BSG series?

123home123

[21]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 55
    Just a couple of spelling corrections:

Laura Roslin
    D'Anna Biers

Hopefully if I point out the correct spelling in the forum, then I'll receive fewer misspelled names as submissions.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ekleven

[22]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    I may be way off, but doesn't Gauis and 6 appear to board some sort off Ship of light with Hera from the Opera House in the visions of Athena and Roslin?

copygeek

[23]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 13

ekleven wrote:
    I may be way off, but doesn't Gauis and 6 appear to board some sort off Ship of light with Hera from the Opera House in the visions of Athena and Roslin?

I don't think it has ever been made clear what that white room is beyond the doors that Six and Baltar step through.

Jammet

[24]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    I'm happy you picked up on the discussion!

Here's one other thing that I'm unsure of. I've been watching the part where Starbuck disappears in the void, multiple times. There are a lot of strange glow and light effects in there, but for the briefest of moments, me and a friend, we both could have sworn we saw something like the old BSGs Ship of Light, somehow, blended in there.

Even if it was just our imagination playing tricks on us, even the first time we watched the scene, we both went "Ship of Light!!...?" right then and there.

Even though it may never be fully revealed, personally I hope that there is still something akin to that in the new series. Even if it is the Boat of Light, now, home .

When I first saw Starbuck pointing at that comet which turned out to be a Basestar, I thought how neat it'd be if that would've been an appearance of the Ship of Light. After all, they said that a comet will plot/point the way to earth. Or something like that.

Maybe we will still find out more about all of that, as the rest of Starbuck "and her destiny" will reveal itself.

There really are endless possibilities. Harbinger of death could for example mean, that she destroys the hub, thus helping the Cylons to the mortality that some of them want to feel whole. Or she is the first person to find earth, bringing infectious diseases with her, only to be the Eve to an Adam to a new civilisation on Earth that will bring the mythologies of egypt, greek, etc, but that is all pretty random and I'm getting offtopic.

123home123

[25]Jun 13, 2008
    After watching "Revelations," I think we may have overthought this topic. Kara's Viper may be the new version of the Ship of Light.

Idbeolderifiwas

[26]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 20
    123home123 wrote:
    After watching "Revelations," I think we may have overthought this topic. Kara's Viper may be the new version of the Ship of Light.

I had that thought as well after seeing Revelations. It makes sense I suppose, although I would still like to know definitively just what is so special about her Viper.

MichaudMR

[27]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 17

123home123 wrote:

Hmm... I thought I'd already posted this but can't find it.

During one of the scenes when they were looking Starbucks viper over again, the connection was made about how "some one" ("some thing"?) was manipulating everything to force both the Humans and Cylons into finding Earth together.

I still think we're going to meet the Lords of Kobol sometime during the last season. This aspect of the story is just all too similar to the original BSG for it not to happen.

Edited on 06/15/2008 3:53am

123home123

[28]Jun 15, 2008
    Or maybe the concept of the Ship of Light has been divided up into more than one story element. It could include Kara's Viper, the rebel Cylon base ship that appeared to be a comet, and the boat in Roslin's dream/vision.

AndreasOS

[30]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

Hmm, time to collect what we know in one neat spot.

Baltar - Sees a six in his head. Had visions of the opera house very early on Kobol. Also sees a Baltar.

Caprica Six - Has a Baltar in her head. Shared vision of the opera house

Saul - Sees Visions of Ellen

Rosalyn - Visions of the Opera House. Sees Elosha during jumps

Deanna - Sees the final five between her own death and resurrection. (I wonder if she had the same experience while being deactivated/boxed? In that event, she should have had plenty of time to hob-nob with the final 5!)

Sharon - Visions of the opera house. Also uncontrolled projections of the Opera House.

Kara - Visions of Leoben and her own past.

All 7 Cylons - Capable of projections

That last one is what makes me think it's all related and somehow a talent given by one of the Kobol Gods. The seven cylons are able to by will see what is not present. They can also download memories of other cylons whenever they visit last. Somehow the Gods are able to give this talent (in a random ways) to selected humans. (Someone, either Baltar, Rosalyn or Kara is a human. By the final reckoning, all three can't be Cylons)

I always thought it might have been through an exchange of blood. (Not Sex as I once thought because Helo hasn't had any projection experiences). Baltar when he stood behind Caprica Six was probably sprayed by her blood during the explosion. Rosaln with her injection of Hera's blood, Kara when she was experimented on at the Caprican hospital.

It doesn't have to be that though, but I can't help think all these things are related. Sounds like a god's (technically advanced person's) work to me!

It looks more and more like the Cylons are *REALLY* close to being human. Though the 7 can't reproduce among themselves, they're stronger, can communicate electronically, upload, download and command through touch alone, resurrect, have access to a computer-like brain, and they can see what they want. They seem to be Humans-Plus V2. (The final 5 being V1) Perhaps one of the Kobol gods made them by tinkering with regular humans. The other Kobol gods thought this was an abomination and started the war on Kobol

Mr BO

Dont Forget William Adama. He sees visions of Karolanne on their Anniversary.

Rivenhall

[31]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    Jammet wrote:
    I'm happy you picked up on the discussion! Here's one other thing that I'm unsure of. I've been watching the part where Starbuck disappears in the void, multiple times. There are a lot of strange glow and light effects in there, but for the briefest of moments, me and a friend, we both could have sworn we saw something like the old BSGs Ship of Light, somehow, blended in there.
    I've tried this a number of times but I can't see what you saw. Can you tell me roughly where in the scene it is i.e. number of minutes into what shot etc?

aidorrocks

[32]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    Rivenhall wrote:
    Jammet wrote:
    I'm happy you picked up on the discussion! Here's one other thing that I'm unsure of. I've been watching the part where Starbuck disappears in the void, multiple times. There are a lot of strange glow and light effects in there, but for the briefest of moments, me and a friend, we both could have sworn we saw something like the old BSGs Ship of Light, somehow, blended in there.
    I've tried this a number of times but I can't see what you saw. Can you tell me roughly where in the scene it is i.e. number of minutes into what shot etc?

or a screen shot would be good. i'll have to go check that.
    i really hope that the ship of light comes into it