Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Sneak preview of Season 4.5 this Thanksgiving on the Sci Fi Channel

123home123

[1]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 55
    The Sci Fi Channel is airing three James Bond movies on Thanksgiving evening between 4 pm and 11:30 pm ET (with repeats of the last two movies immediately afterward). They are the first 3 Pierce Brosnan films: Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough. Sometime during this "Bond movie marathon" (as the Sci Fi Channel describes it, although 3 movies is not really a movie marathon), Sci Fi will air a preview of Season 4.5 of BSG.

I don't know how long the preview will be. Maybe 30 seconds, maybe one minute. It could be interesting since I like Bond movies anyway. But I'm a little concerned that Sci Fi will air yet another big spoiler in a BSG preview. They've done it before, especially with the episode previews that air after each regular broadcast.

Anyway, it's up to you whether you want to risk seeing a major spoiler or not. But at least you have been warned. If you don't want to know about any major spoilers, avoid the Bond movies on Thursday. Otherwise, take a peek and see what intriguing scenes Sci Fi might show.

A reminder about spoilers: If Sci Fi does show a major spoiler, you can discuss it on this or another thread, but please use the "spoiler" tags to hide the info. Use square brackets around the word "spoiler" and be sure to include the closing tags with square brackets and a slash mark before the word "spoiler". If you're not sure it's a major spoiler, be safe and considerate of other visitors to the forum and use the spoiler tags. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kondix

[2]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    I will definetly watch it... I am BSG-dried out... right now I am finishing rewatching season 3 and I need new stuff
    Thank the cylon god the Caprica-movie hits soon!

123home123

[3]Nov 22, 2008
    I don't think Caprica is airing this year, is it? There's nothing on the Sci Fi Channel website about it yet.

Kondix

[4]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well... 01.12.2008 is the air date according to the show page of www.tv.com ...

redhawk100

[5]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    I highly doubt they would air Caprica this year (and it definitely wont air on 1/12/08 as Sci-fi havent promoted the show at all and im pretty sure they want to attract the BSG fans and milk the franchise as much as possible).

123home123

[6]Nov 22, 2008
    That information is incorrect. There have been a lot of problems with the Caprica guide on TV.com, unfortunately. Some people were accumulating a lot of points even before the movie had been formally approved by Sci Fi. They kept adding incorrect dates. I submitted a correction a while back. I pointed out to the staff that there was no scheduled air date yet. Someone had actually added a Jan. 1, 2008 air date last year.

If you check the Sci Fi Schedulebot for Dec. 1, 2008, you'll see no listing of Caprica.

That guide has a new editor but unfortunately there are still incorrect air dates on the guide. It needs to get fixed. I'll send that person a PM. It's disappointing, especially since there is only one episode to take care of on that guide. I don't know why people keep posting false air dates for that movie.
    Edited on 11/22/2008 7:53pm