Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The 1st BSG Poll: Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

123home123

[1]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 55
    Here's the 1st official "Battlestar Galactica" poll.

Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

What are the criteria for choosing? It's up to you.
    Edited on 07/16/2006 8:05am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tonychan-cd

[2]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 4

I choose Starbuck

No doubt

amysansom

[3]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 3
    Starbuck rules!!

StelingMB

[4]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 5
    Like anybody needs to guess where my vote went!!

123home123

[5]Jul 16, 2006
    Sharon jumped out to the early lead, 6-1, but Kara has made a late push to make it close, 6-4. It's still early though. I know we have a lot more than 12 people on this board. It'll be interesting to see how the votes go over the course of the summer. Can we make it to 100 total votes?

Jahrod

[6]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 12
    Boomer has got all the looks :-).

123home123

[7]Jul 17, 2006
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a single vote for Number Six. Maybe the character is so mean and nasty that she is scaring everyone off. Smashing people's heads into mirrors and trying to kill them with metal arrows will do that.

Im2Crazy4U

[8]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 51
    I choose to abstain at this point. For me, it's a tie between Boomer and Starbuck. So instead of picking one, I'll pick none.

fcjd06

[9]Jul 17, 2006

...I was about to hit the button for Dee, but then I realized that trackstarbuck would probably flame me off this forum.  Just kidding. 

...I like Starbuck and I think Katee adds so much to the character. 

...I particularly remember watching Act of Contrition and it was like falling in love with the show.  Before this, I had only seen Bastille Day (and nothing else) and I fell into the trap of thinking that this was another sci-fi knock-off with one episode having no consequences for the series as a whole.  Upon watching Act of Contrition, I quickly realized that I was wrong because I recongnized the show's depth.  Katee's portrayal of Starbuck was a big part of this and that's why I voted for her.

As an honorable mention, I do like the Caprica Number Six: either the one we actually see on Caprica or the imaginary one (which I'm not sure is the same person).  Since the poll had "Number Six/Gina," I could not vote for her.  I do think, however, that Tricia Helfer has done a great job of portraying distinct versions of Number Six.  Additionally, her impersonation of Kara in Home, Part II, was priceless.  

ps., Nice poll.  Are we going to get a chance for BSG avatars?  I love using the Edward James Olmos avatar from Miami Vice but I would really like a current one (or one of the other characters, like Lee).  I guess this site is not taking submissions because I would love to have access to that nice set which was submitted by one of our members last year.

Edited on 07/17/2006 10:52am

DocMartigan

[10]Jul 17, 2006
    Definitely Starbuck

Surprising results so far. I am REALLY surprised that Boomer is so far up there. She is without a doubt my least favorite.

123home123

[11]Jul 17, 2006
    2,649 people track BSG on TV.com. 6,287 people have rated the show, so I think we can easily make it to 100 total votes by the end of the week. Can we make it to 500 votes by the end of the summer?

Since we can only add 5 choices for polls, I had to leave out some of the secondary characters like Cally, Racetrack, Seelix, Ellen Tigh and Kat. I doubt any of them would make it into the top 5 anyway, but if you are an enthusiastic fan for one of those characters, you can always voice your support in the thread. Otherwise, vote for one of the 5 choices listed.

I expect different characters to move up in the standings over time. Starbuck has moved ahead of the pack for the moment. I've always found Boomer and Starbuck to be the most interesting women on the show, so I'm not surprised to see them in the top spots. I had expected Number Six to be close behind. I'm really surprised that she hasn't received a single vote yet.

EDIT-At last--some votes for Number Six!
    Edited on 07/17/2006 7:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SweetPeaSurry

[12]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 24

LOL 123Home, poor Six, she just isn't well liked is she? I like her, I just think that up to date she really hasn't been used to her potential. I think we'll see alot more of Six in season three. Maybe after that, she might get a higher vote. I absolutely adore Boomer, simply because of all the different facets that she has in the different Boomer "Characters". (I hope that's not misunderstood)

~winks~

PS: I love these polls!!!

PPS: I'm getting a little slack for my boycott of the "Newly Premiering Shows" on primetime networks. LOL

Edited on 07/17/2006 7:50pm

StelingMB

[13]Jul 17, 2006
    Somehow it's almost a back-handed compliment that Six isn't well liked. I mean I really don't think we are suppose to like her. Tricia Helfer has done a great job in creating a character that we want to like on a certain level, but in the end, our humanity prevents us from liking her because of what she represents. The destruction of us...

(Track, where are you, our girl is falling behind!!!!)??

123home123

[14]Jul 17, 2006
    It's still early in the voting. There are potentially hundreds or even thousands more people who could vote so an early lead now might not mean that much.

sassy_eggs

[15]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 45
    Doesn't look like Dee is a popular lassy...

I love Starbuck, but I have a real soft spot for Boomer so that's where my vote is going.

AuntPat

[16]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 9
    Although I voted for Boomer, my actual favorite is Kat -- what would it be like living in Starbuck's shadow?

jax_rerun

[17]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    It wasn't until I was doing these polls, that I realized how much I like the girls on this show. Picking a boy was like, meh, whatever, I'll pick Lee. But picking a girl was hard. I like them all so much. It's great to see such strong female character. I picked Starbuck because she's so tough and screwed up in the head/heart.

armorycop

[18]Jul 18, 2006
    Boomer? Are you kidding me!? Starbuck she is the best!!!!

123home123

[19]Jul 19, 2006
    AuntPat wrote:
    Although I voted for Boomer, my actual favorite is Kat -- what would it be like living in Starbuck's shadow?

Kat is kind of interesting, if a little crazy. (All the Viper pilots are a little crazy.) I like Racetrack too. I wonder if she's recovered from getting her face smashed into the poker table by Starbuck.

flynikeguy

[20]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 15
    WHile I like Starbuck a lot and think she is an interestingly flawed character, I can't help but feel there is something about Sharon (therefore I voted for her). Whatever issues Starbuck has, she doesn't have anything on Sharon.

Sharon isn't trusted, she's conflicted about who she is and what she needs to do, her baby "died", she can't be with the man she loves, she's a Cylon,...the list just goes on. And being that we just don't know a lot about the Cylons, it makes her even more interesting.