Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The 1st BSG Poll: Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

Finalsequel

[21]Jul 19, 2006
    • level: 30
    I voted for Starbuck. I just love her character and attitude. I was surprised as well to see Boomer so high up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[22]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 55
    I just watched "Downloaded" again, which I still think is one of the top episodes of the entire series. Even though there was relatively little action, the story was incredibly powerful. It reminded me why I think Sharon is one of the most interesting characters on the show.

The episode also featured Number Six (Caprica Six) in a new light. The frail, helpless look is something we hadn't seen before with Number Six. (Gina's look was more one of shock and Gina didn't have the long history with Baltar that the other Number Six copies did.)

emerdavid

[23]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 18
    Of those listed, I'll go with Boomer, tho "D" is a close runner-up. Of the unlisted characters, I'd have to say I have a real soft spot for Cally.

SleepTight

[24]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 36
    I have only seen the first season and so far.

5: Boomer (I find her pretty irritating)
    4: Dee (Haven't seen enough of her yet)
    3: Starbuck (crazy b!tch, gotta love her)
    2: Gina (very attractive and neat)
    1: Laura (for some reason, my fave character)

trackstarbuck

[25]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK STARBUCK

trackstarbuck

[26]Jul 21, 2006
    HAHAHA! dee loser! kara wins!

trackstarbuck

[27]Jul 21, 2006
    ok, so...who would have guessed...i know.

IlyanaRVS

[28]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 30
    I had to vote for Laura Roslin - she's just too interesting a character to leave in the background. Also I just really like Mary McDonnell as an actress.

LtAgathon

[29]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    I had to vote for Number Six. The character has so many levels. I love her and hate her at the same time. In all honesty I prefer brunettes, but I guess I find her so enticing.  

StelingMB

[30]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    LtAgathon wrote:
    I had to vote for Number Six. The character has so many levels. I love her and hate her at the same time. In all honesty I prefer brunettes, but I guess I find her so enticing.  

I agree Agathon, Six is marvelously layered! She would have been my second choice...I'm sure if I was a Cylon I'd elect her President of my people!

trackstarbuck

[31]Jul 24, 2006
    StelingMB wrote:
    LtAgathon wrote:

I agree Agathon, Six is marvelously layered! She would have been my second choice...I'm sure if I was a Cylon I'd elect her President of my people!

*gasp* she tried to kill Kara!

trackstarbuck

[32]Jul 24, 2006
    LtAgathon wrote:

great! so, you think she`s hot, too?! when will it end!?

StelingMB

[33]Jul 24, 2006
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    StelingMB wrote:
    LtAgathon wrote:

Easy there Track! I would never pick Six over Kara (unless of course I was a cylon)!!! Never, Never, Never...as actresses though Tricia and Katee are pretty well matched as far as talent and skill. And of course as I've said before the BSG writers have done a splendid job of creating so many fabulous characters...

Have no fear, you know where my aligiance lies at the end of the day! Nobody puts Kara Thrace in the corner (I couldn't help the Dirty Dancing reference)!!!

(As fars as Six trying to kill Kara, well we all saw who won that one. Thrace cannot be killed!!!)

LtAgathon

[34]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    LtAgathon wrote:
    great! so, you think she`s hot, too?! when will it end!?
    I actually find Boomer and Racetrack more attractive, I just find Six to be a far more intriguing character.

trackstarbuck

[35]Jul 25, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 07/25/2006 8:32am

trackstarbuck

[36]Jul 25, 2006
    StelingMB wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    StelingMB wrote:
    LtAgathon wrote:

Easy there Track! I would never pick Six over Kara (unless of course I was a cylon)!!! Never, Never, Never...as actresses though Tricia and Katee are pretty well matched as far as talent and skill. And of course as I've said before the BSG writers have done a splendid job of creating so many fabulous characters...

Have no fear, you know where my aligiance lies at the end of the day! Nobody puts Kara Thrace in the corner (I couldn't help the Dirty Dancing reference)!!!

(As fars as Six trying to kill Kara, well we all saw who won that one. Thrace cannot be killed!!!)

*releases breath* oh, thank god! i thought i lost you for a second there. a prayed for you.

and you are soooo right! katee always says that tricia kicked her @ss in that one but i think it`s just cause they`re friends. Starbuck always wins if she wants to!

i will always like katee better. (1) she keeps her clothes on off-screen and (2)she`s frakking hilarious!

123home123

[37]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 55
    Although I didn't vote for her either, I'm going to make a public plea for Dualla fans to show their support. Stop by and register your vote. Even if she doesn't "win" she should at least get a respectable showing. There have to be more than 2 Dee fans out there.

StelingMB

[38]Jul 25, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Although I didn't vote for her either, I'm going to make a public plea for Dualla fans to show their support. Stop by and register your vote. Even if she doesn't "win" she should at least get a respectable showing. There have to be more than 2 Dee fans out there.
    Home, I've always held a bit of disdain for Dee. In a time of war, she waged a war with her heart. stringing Billy long while making time with Lee. In my opinion she's the exact antithesis of Kara Thrace. A little backhanded, comes off sweet to your face, but you'd never really know what's coming...actually, in the end I'd trust Six more than Dee!
    Edited on 07/25/2006 12:49pm

trackstarbuck

[39]Jul 25, 2006
    StelingMB wrote:
    123home123 wrote:
    Home, I've always held a bit of disdain for Dee. In a time of war, she waged a war with her heart. stringing Billy long while making time with Lee. In my opinion she's the exact antithesis of Kara Thrace. A little backhanded, comes off sweet to your face, but you'd never really know what's coming...actually, in the end I'd trust Six more than Dee!

amen! kara is tough skinned but she has emoions on the inside! kara is strait-forward. Kara has muscle. kara needs no one. kara loves someone.

dee says "I can`t marry you" and fraks someone else

kara says "i just wanted i good lay!" "there is nothing here!"

atleast kara is honest!

trackstarbuck

[40]Jul 25, 2006
    ok, if we`re campaigning now...fine!

VOTE STARBUCK! SHE`LL SAVE YOUR A$$!