Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The 1st BSG Poll: Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [61]Aug 3, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    I just can't help but noting the irony...Starbuck is coming is first, with Boomer second. My favourite and least favourite characters on the show...to me Starbuck is so frakking essential and Boomer just feels disposable to me. Almost every scene with Boomer leaves me feeling drained...kinda heavy even...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DocMartigan

    DocMartigan

    [62]Aug 3, 2006
    • member since: 02/18/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,402
    StelingMB wrote:
    I just can't help but noting the irony...Starbuck is coming is first, with Boomer second. My favourite and least favourite characters on the show...to me Starbuck is so frakking essential and Boomer just feels disposable to me. Almost every scene with Boomer leaves me feeling drained...kinda heavy even...


    Wouldn't it be more ironic if Boomer was last... not second?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [63]Aug 3, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    DocMartigan wrote:
    StelingMB wrote:
    I just can't help but noting the irony...Starbuck is coming is first, with Boomer second. My favourite and least favourite characters on the show...to me Starbuck is so frakking essential and Boomer just feels disposable to me. Almost every scene with Boomer leaves me feeling drained...kinda heavy even...


    Wouldn't it be more ironic if Boomer was last... not second?


    I guess it would depend on your version of irony in the situation...hehe...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [64]Aug 4, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    Sharon is definitely NOT disposable. She has been one of the most important characters on the show. Many of us also find her to be one of the most interesting characters as well. Though everyone may not like her, I find it hard to imagine how she could be described as disposable.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [65]Aug 4, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    123home123 wrote:
    Sharon is definitely NOT disposable. She has been one of the most important characters on the show. Many of us also find her to be one of the most interesting characters as well. Though everyone may not like her, I find it hard to imagine how she could be described as disposable.


    I agree she isn't disposable...I just said to me she felt disposable. She is a pivotal part of the story...no doubt! But from a personal standpoint, Sharon as a character (not a plotpoint) has never really moved me...it's an emotional trigger thing!

    I suppose deep down, while I feel that nobody else could inhabit Starbuck the way Katee does, Grace Park hasn't seemed to own Boomer in the same way...again just personal feeling...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [66]Aug 4, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    123home123 wrote:
    Sharon is definitely NOT disposable. She has been one of the most important characters on the show. Many of us also find her to be one of the most interesting characters as well. Though everyone may not like her, I find it hard to imagine how she could be described as disposable.
    if she has a purpose, it`s to tell starbuck what the frack they did to her on that friggen farm!?
    Edited on 08/04/2006 10:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [67]Aug 4, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    it`s ironic for me because my favorite is obviously in very firstĀ *smiles proudly* and my least favorite is so unloved she might as well burn and die! Dwualla! Die! *deep breath*... i`m fine.
    Edited on 08/04/2006 10:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wedgeantilles54

    wedgeantilles54

    [68]Aug 5, 2006
    • member since: 09/05/03
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 767
    Starbuck nough said
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sfviewer

    sfviewer

    [69]Aug 7, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 1,307
    for me starbuck is the most obvious favorite, since she is the most down to earth main female character in the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DocMartigan

    DocMartigan

    [70]Aug 7, 2006
    • member since: 02/18/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,402
    sfviewer wrote:
    for me starbuck is the most obvious favorite, since she is the most down to earth main female character in the show.


    I think Callie is probably the most down to earth (or Roslin). Starbuck is a little bit insane (in a good way) for her to be described as down to earth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [71]Aug 7, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    DocMartigan wrote:
    sfviewer wrote:
    for me starbuck is the most obvious favorite, since she is the most down to earth main female character in the show.
    I think Callie is probably the most down to earth (or Roslin). Starbuck is a little bit insane (in a good way) for her to be described as down to earth.
    what!? she`s totally realistic. Cally and Roslin`s biggest problems are "boo-hoo the worlds ended. and i`m dying. and i almost died." i mean, i love `em. i feel for `em. but they need some more drama before i consider them as down-to-earth as Kara. insanity IS normal!
    Edited on 08/07/2006 12:59pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DocMartigan

    DocMartigan

    [72]Aug 7, 2006
    • member since: 02/18/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 1,402

    I never said she wasn't realistic.

    My first serious relationship was with a girl very similar. (Which might be a reason I wouldn't marry her...)

    "Down to earth" to me doesn't mean realistic, but more of a "A girl you bring home to your parents"

    And lol @
    :
    Cally and Roslin`s biggest problems are "boo-hoo the worlds ended. and i`m dying. and i almost died.
    Cancer is definitely boo-hoo worthy. But I don't remember Cally crying too much. The obvious exception is when she had her freaking jaw wired shut and had to exclaim her love to the Chief after he almost beat her to death. Pretty emotional moment I'd say. And Starbuck hasn't managed to tell Lee the same thing even when she is plastered (and we all know it's the truth!). I'd rather marry a girl who cried on occasion as opposed to one that never said she loved me.

    Who knows though, when Starbuck works out some (most) of her issues, I bet she'd be a great wife.
    Edited on 08/07/2006 1:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [73]Aug 7, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    DocMartigan wrote:
    I never said she wasn't realistic.

    My first serious relationship was with a girl very similar. (Which might be a reason I wouldn't marry her...)

    "Down to earth" to me doesn't mean realistic, but more of a "A girl you bring home to your parents"

    And lol @
    :
    Cally and Roslin`s biggest problems are "boo-hoo the worlds ended. and i`m dying. and i almost died.
    Cancer is definitely boo-hoo worthy. But I don't remember Cally crying too much. The obvious exception is when she had her freaking jaw wired shut and had to exclaim her love to the Chief after he almost beat her to death. Pretty emotional moment I'd say. And Starbuck hasn't managed to tell Lee the same thing even when she is plastered (and we all know it's the truth!). I'd rather marry a girl who cried on occasion as opposed to one that never said she loved me.

    Who knows though, when Starbuck works out some (most) of her issues, I bet she'd be a great wife.

    she doesn`t have to cry a lot to show how she feels. starbuck doesn`t break under pressure. Last October i busted my knee cap and i had a friend who helped me back on my feet. but i didn`t have to cry about it to let him know i was grateful.

    and as for the bringing a girl home to your parents...*rolls on floor laughing* i think i speak for starbuck when i say those are the most awkward, un-starbuck moments of your life. i guess she isn`t "down-to-earth".

    the last time i met a guy`s parents was about a year ago and it was HORRIBLE. the family was PERFECT! it was really scary. and then they asked me about my family and i nearly choked on a piece of chicken and...

    my point is, i don`t think "we" want to meet the parents.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [74]Aug 7, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    I must say, that if I did have to pick a second favourite character (female) it would be Roslin. She has shown an amazing amount of poise and character, not to mention wisom, in a situation she was not trained for at all...she rose to the occasion with grace...

    And is we all look back the the beginning of Season 1 we'll be remind of just how carefully she navigated the stuff with Tom Zarek...her biggest mistake was choosing Baltar be her Vice-President!

    I continue to believe that Roslin and Starbuck are the completion of one another...like a YiYyang sorta thing...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [75]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    ok. just as long as we r clear that Starbuck kicks @$$ on her own.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [76]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    ok. just as long as we r clear that Starbuck kicks @$$ on her own.


    Yup, Obviously....!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [77]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    StelingMB wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    ok. just as long as we r clear that Starbuck kicks @$$ on her own.


    Yup, Obviously....!!


    glad i haven`t lost yah. i think we are the official starbuck representatives. we really should distinguish representatives. make things easier...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [78]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    StelingMB wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    ok. just as long as we r clear that Starbuck kicks @$$ on her own.


    Yup, Obviously....!!


    glad i haven`t lost yah. i think we are the official starbuck representatives. we really should distinguish representatives. make things easier...


    Barring an absolute phreak disaster, Starbuck will always be my favourite...she simply is the best! However, I also reserve the right to keep an open mind about other characters on the show. But once again dear Track, you have nothing to worry about...I'm down with your plan...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of trackstarbuck

    trackstarbuck

    [79]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,336
    StelingMB wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    StelingMB wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    ok. just as long as we r clear that Starbuck kicks @$$ on her own.


    Yup, Obviously....!!


    glad i haven`t lost yah. i think we are the official starbuck representatives. we really should distinguish representatives. make things easier...


    Barring an absolute phreak disaster, Starbuck will always be my favourite...she simply is the best! However, I also reserve the right to keep an open mind about other characters on the show. But once again dear Track, you have nothing to worry about...I'm down with your plan...

    yes! i`m copletely devoted to Starbuck and set in her stage of mind forever bur i respect your desire to possibly branch out. so, who shall represent other characters?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StelingMB

    StelingMB

    [80]Aug 8, 2006
    • member since: 06/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 568
    Hmmm...???!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.