Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The 1st BSG Poll: Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

Who is your favorite female character on BSG?

papp_star

[121]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    starbuck is RETURNING!

duh! shes IS the greatest.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cyberneoPT

[122]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 10
    Number Six love!

inzombia

[123]Oct 30, 2006
    Voted for Six. She's been a favorite of mine from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong here -- I love all of them: Starbuck's crazy and wild and intriguingly messed-up; Dee glows with an almost other-worldly beauty and does a great job of keeping the angsty Adamas in check; Sharon was the first character that I really felt sympathy for, and her identity issues fascinate me; Roslin's equal parts warm mother figure and scary-ruthless leader, and I love that about her.

But Six, man... the strangely childlike, machinelike, fascination with the species she was about to exterminate in the miniseries... the inexplicable-yet-powerful love for this small, cowardly, weak, and profoundly human man named Gaius Baltar... a fierce, beautiful angel of love and death: spiritual, fanatical, extremely sexual, innocent, terrifying, manipulative, vulnerable, traumatized, predatory, and always bringing the all-or-nothing approach of someone who takes the love of God (as well as the love of Man) too damn far. What can I say? She presses all of my kink buttons all at once, and Tricia Helfer is a living goddess for giving this character such a dominating presence. One of the best characters on television. Ever.

StelingMB

[124]Oct 30, 2006
    inzombia wrote:
    Voted for Six. She's been a favorite of mine from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong here -- I love all of them: Starbuck's crazy and wild and intriguingly messed-up; Dee glows with an almost other-worldly beauty and does a great job of keeping the angsty Adamas in check; Sharon was the first character that I really felt sympathy for, and her identity issues fascinate me; Roslin's equal parts warm mother figure and scary-ruthless leader, and I love that about her.

But Six, man... the strangely childlike, machinelike, fascination with the species she was about to exterminate in the miniseries... the inexplicable-yet-powerful love for this small, cowardly, weak, and profoundly human man named Gaius Baltar... a fierce, beautiful angel of love and death: spiritual, fanatical, extremely sexual, innocent, terrifying, manipulative, vulnerable, traumatized, predatory, and always bringing the all-or-nothing approach of someone who takes the love of God (as well as the love of Man) too damn far. What can I say? She presses all of my kink buttons all at once, and Tricia Helfer is a living goddess for giving this character such a dominating presence. One of the best characters on television. Ever.

WOW...totally!!! You see what I see then!

papp_star

[125]Nov 3, 2006
    totally agree with inzombia...six is damn fun!
    there is this scene at the end of epiphinies where she says "this isnt a fight for the presidency anymore gaius, this is quite literally life and death"
    IT IS SO GREAT..

keep the votes coming in people!

EnemyOfTheState

[126]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 12
    Starbuck needs to die

JalineTV

[127]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 18
    LtAgathon wrote:
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    LtAgathon wrote:
    I had to vote for Number Six. The character has so many levels. I love her and hate her at the same time. In all honesty I prefer brunettes, but I guess I find her so enticing.
    great! so, you think she`s hot, too?! when will it end!?
    I actually find Boomer and Racetrack more attractive, I just find Six to be a far more intriguing character.

I'm a girl/woman and I agree with you.

JalineTV

[128]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 18
    DocMartigan wrote:
    I never said she wasn't realistic. My first serious relationship was with a girl very similar. (Which might be a reason I wouldn't marry her...)

"Down to earth" to me doesn't mean realistic, but more of a "A girl you bring home to your parents" And lol @
    :
    Cally and Roslin`s biggest problems are "boo-hoo the worlds ended. and i`m dying. and i almost died.
    Cancer is definitely boo-hoo worthy. But I don't remember Cally crying too much. The obvious exception is when she had her freaking jaw wired shut and had to exclaim her love to the Chief after he almost beat her to death. Pretty emotional moment I'd say. And Starbuck hasn't managed to tell Lee the same thing even when she is plastered (and we all know it's the truth!). I'd rather marry a girl who cried on occasion as opposed to one that never said she loved me.

Who knows though, when Starbuck works out some (most) of her issues, I bet she'd be a great wife.

I agree with most of what you're saying, except I hate Cally (maybe because she killed one of my favourite characters, Boomer, haha...but that was semi-understandable).

But yes, Kara is not what I would consider to be down-to-earth. That fact isn't bad, just that she'd definitely make a certain impression on people when they first meet her, and it could go either way. Down-to-earth people are generally calm, practical, and unpretentious. They aren't that threatening usually, but make great friends.
    Edited on 11/03/2006 12:55pm

trackstarbuck

[129]Nov 3, 2006
    JalineTV wrote:
    DocMartigan wrote:
    I never said she wasn't realistic. My first serious relationship was with a girl very similar. (Which might be a reason I wouldn't marry her...)

"Down to earth" to me doesn't mean realistic, but more of a "A girl you bring home to your parents" And lol @
    :
    Cally and Roslin`s biggest problems are "boo-hoo the worlds ended. and i`m dying. and i almost died.
    Cancer is definitely boo-hoo worthy. But I don't remember Cally crying too much. The obvious exception is when she had her freaking jaw wired shut and had to exclaim her love to the Chief after he almost beat her to death. Pretty emotional moment I'd say. And Starbuck hasn't managed to tell Lee the same thing even when she is plastered (and we all know it's the truth!). I'd rather marry a girl who cried on occasion as opposed to one that never said she loved me.

Who knows though, when Starbuck works out some (most) of her issues, I bet she'd be a great wife.

I agree with most of what you're saying, except I hate Cally (maybe because she killed one of my favourite characters, Boomer, haha...but that was semi-understandable).

But yes, Kara is not what I would consider to be down-to-earth. That fact isn't bad, just that she'd definitely make a certain impression on people when they first meet her, and it could go either way. Down-to-earth people are generally calm, practical, and unpretentious. They aren't that threatening usually, but make great friends.

ok. fine. neither i nor starbuck have ever been practical in any way. but, that doesn`t mean i we wouldn`t show ANY emotion. we just don`t cry 24/7. crying is for of .....a yearly occurrance. but you cannot deny that starbuck is a very passionate person!

trackstarbuck

[130]Nov 3, 2006
    EnemyOfTheState wrote:
    Starbuck needs to die

I!...YOU!...WHA-....*deep breaths*...not saying ANYTHING.... *goes to find inamiment objects to hit*

darth_mage

[131]Nov 3, 2006
    I choose Laura, maybe its a women in power thing, only kidding, i really respect how far she has come from the school teacher we saw in the mini-series. It was difficult though because with the exception of Dee i quite like all the other listed females characters as well, they've all had an interesting development over the other two series and what we've seen of third. the trouble with listing six is which one - we have seen how caprica six has often disagreed with the other six models, so maybe that shoulkd have been two options. 

123home123

[132]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 55
    The system only lets you add 5 options for polls.
    Edited on 11/03/2006 3:46pm

papp_star

[133]Nov 3, 2006
    trackstarbuck wrote:
    EnemyOfTheState wrote:
    Starbuck needs to die

I!...YOU!...WHA-....*deep breaths*...not saying ANYTHING.... *goes to find inamiment objects to hit*

have my eyes been ripped out? do i see what i read?
    is it true?
    someone dares to BLASPHEME AGAINST STARBUCK??

leave now. leave now so say we all.

123home123

[134]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 55
    Well Kara has been a bit of an ass recently. I was pretty angry at her in that last scene of "Collaborators." (Spoilers from "Collaborators" and "Torn" below)

Until she apologizes to Gaeta in person, I'm not sure how much I can sympathize with her. She almost had him killed and yet he saved her life on New Caprica. Hopefully she'll calm down a little, now that she can see Kacey on a regular basis.

Rocket_Man141

[135]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 17

How come Callys not there? Shes just as important as Dualla and her name comes up first in the credits

Rocket_Man141

[137]Nov 3, 2006
    • level: 17
    A Little? She needs to calm down a lot. Hopefully we started to see it in Torn. Tigh however is worse than Kara, but thats what makes him so interesting.

Enigma0609

[138]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 2

I know this is just an informal poll, but I had to think really hard about this one. I have to say that I LOVE each of these women!

Dualla-She hasn't had the opportunity to make as much of an impact as the other women. She never shirks her duty, though, as an officer or, more recently, as a wife.

Six-I didn't like her until I encountered the Gina model and Caprica's resurrection in "Downloaded." She just seemed like an emotional dominatrix until then.  Now, her struggle to reconcile her love for a human with her loyalty to her race epitomizes the main theme of the show. To me, Six has become the most common "face" of series.

Sharon-Her beauty is matched only by her uncompromising sense of honor and duty. If you think about it, she has deeply touched every single main character on the show.

Laura-She's one of the strongest female characters ever portrayed on TV. When regular people are faced with making important decisions, they usually are not carrying the burdens of the entire human race! She commands the utmost respect.

Starbuck-She defies being boxed into any one category. Even though she's an excellent fighter pilot, she's not a typical soldier, letting her commanding officers make all her decisions for her. She's not just a drunk screw-up, because, in a fight, I'd trust her to have my back any time. She's not your typical woman, but she's never lost her femininity.

In the end, Starbuck got my vote because I honestly miss her when she's absent from an episode. (Sorry so long, guys.)

trackstarbuck

[139]Nov 25, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Well Kara has been a bit of an ass recently. I was pretty angry at her in that last scene of "Collaborators." (Spoilers from "Collaborators" and "Torn" below)

Until she apologizes to Gaeta in person, I'm not sure how much I can sympathize with her. She almost had him killed and yet he saved her life on New Caprica. Hopefully she'll calm down a little, now that she can see Kacey on a regular basis.

she doesn`t need the kid. kids suck. she thought gaeta was evil. she didn`t know. its hard for her. she can save her own life. the end. period.

trackstarbuck

[140]Nov 25, 2006
    Enigma0609 wrote:

I know this is just an informal poll, but I had to think really hard about this one. I have to say that I LOVE each of these women!

Starbuck-She defies being boxed into any one category. Even though she's an excellent fighter pilot, she's not a typical soldier, letting her commanding officers make all her decisions for her. She's not just a drunk screw-up, because, in a fight, I'd trust her to have my back any time. She's not your typical woman, but she's never lost her femininity.

In the end, Starbuck got my vote because I honestly miss her when she's absent from an episode. (Sorry so long, guys.)

*hands you a cookie* thank you for voting correctly.