Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The 2nd BSG poll: Who is your favorite male character on BSG?

Who is your favorite male character on BSG?

123home123

[1]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 55
    I thought it only fair to have a companion poll to the 1st one. This time, you can vote for your favorite male character. The same rule applies: The criteria are completely up to you.

You can vote for a character that you admire, or the one you find the most interesting. You can pick the one who would be the best drinking buddy or the one you'd most like to see in a brawl with Starbuck.

I didn't have room to add Col. Tigh, Lt. Gaeta, Billy Keikeya or Tom Zarek. I didn't think they would make the top 5 anyway. If this assumption is not correct, add your support for one of those characters in this thread.

In less than 2 days, we already have 26 votes in the 1st BSG poll. Vote in this 2nd poll today and voice your support for your favorite character.
    Edited on 07/17/2006 3:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fcjd06

[2]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 4

I voted for Lee since I admire the character in light of his struggle with his father, Starbuck and his (often-changing) role in the fleet.  I've often been intrigued that Lee, compared to his father, was not as enthusiastic about serving in the Colonial Fleet.  This has been alluded to by Ronald Moore in some of the commentaries, particularly the one for Final Cut when Moore noted Lee's reserve status.  I cannot deny that the writing for episodes focusing on Lee's character could have been better (Cf. Black Market) although I thought The Captain's Hand was a step in the right direction.  When playing the role of a supporting character to Starbuck, Roslin and Admiral Adama, I think we get a better glimpse into Lee's depth; for this, Jamie Bamber does a great job.  I hope we get some good primary episodes for Lee in Season 3. 

Honorable mentions:

....I also admire Admiral Adama and the way he deals with his role in defending the fleet and trying to keep it together.  Even when things go wrong, he picks up, and deals with the consequences like a real man.  I am sure the people who vote for him will have some interesting things to say.

....As far as "best drinking buddy," is there any question that would be Colonel Tigh? 

....For "most interesting," I would have to say Baltar although he would also be a shoo-in for "most insane."

Im2Crazy4U

[3]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 51
    Gaeta .. that's my vote.

jax_rerun

[4]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 12

I voted for Lee because he is good looking. Well, maybe also because he is an interesting character and I like the Starbuck's angst.

I would have voted for Billy if things were different. *Sigh* I miss Billy. My brother thought he would be the new president. LOL!

123home123

[5]Jul 18, 2006
    No Helo fans out there? Gaeta has more votes than Helo does and he's not even on the list.
    Edited on 07/18/2006 4:55pm

JamesYucca

[6]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 5

I put my mark for Tyrol. I've got a soft spot for engineers, I mean who doesn't like Scotty? Engineers are always the underappreciated workhorses of science fiction. As Adama said, "You keep my planes flying, and I need my planes to fly."

Baltar comes in a close second in my opinion. He's just so wonderfully flawed.

VMF-214

[7]Jul 18, 2006
    I voted for Edward James Olmos.

123home123

[8]Jul 20, 2006
    Adama has overtaken his son and Helo got his 1st votes. The race is much closer than the poll for the women characters is.

SleepTight

[9]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 36
    Gaius, so much fun. especially with number six.

trackstarbuck

[10]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 10

123home123 wrote:
    You can vote for a character that you admire, or the one you find the most interesting. You can pick the one who would be the best drinking buddy or the one you'd most like to see in a brawl with Starbuck.

can i vote for a tomboy? (guess who!)

...WELL, FINE! BE THAT WAY!

i don`t want to see many of the guys in a fight w/ starbuck. they`ll ruin their pretty little faces...well, tigh, baltar, and billy would all be highly amusing and i don`t care about them. plus they`re easiest to damage

Edited on 07/21/2006 8:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

LtAgathon

[11]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    I voted for Helo, which i'm sure shocks no one. Of course I was much happier with the character when he was stranded on Caprica. I also enjoy that Baltar.

trackstarbuck

[12]Jul 24, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Adama has overtaken his son and Helo got his 1st votes. The race is much closer than the poll for the women characters is.

well, duh!!

123home123

[13]Jul 24, 2006
    Well... as future votes come in, the results will change, so there is a point to posting updates. We can read through this thread to see how certain characters moved up or down in the voting. No need to be so rude.

trackstarbuck

[14]Jul 25, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Well... as future votes come in, the results will change, so there is a point to posting updates. We can read through this thread to see how certain characters moved up or down in the voting. No need to be so rude.

i`m not trying to be rude. i`m just saying that kara will definately win if i have anything to say about it.

ArmyofJuan

[15]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    My vote goes for Baltar. Even though im only on the first season, i just love his character. His mannerisms, his acting, i just find him to be great.

flynikeguy

[16]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 15
    I find it hard to pick a favorite male character because I find the female characters more interesting, and it's not just for stupid reasons. This isn't saying that the males are uninteresting, just that I'm more in vested in the issues the females are gonig through. (Even though I voted for Lee, Gaius is definitely interesting, though I don't really like him as a person)

See my post in the "Favorite Female" thread for more specifc reasons.

MemnochZERO

[17]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 14
    This was pretty tough. I almost went with Bill Adama... then settleed on Helo. It was only THEN did I realize Baltar was right underneath. Should've picked him. Gerrr.

trackstarbuck

[18]Jul 28, 2006
    MemnochZERO wrote:
    This was pretty tough. I almost went with Bill Adama... then settleed on Helo. It was only THEN did I realize Baltar was right underneath. Should've picked him. Gerrr.

i`m sorry for your loss.

MemnochZERO

[19]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 14
    Oh believe me, so am I.

StelingMB

[20]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 5
    I'm still not sure how anybody could like Baltar...forgive me...but I just don't. I'd sooner have to spend time with Six than a moment with the mangy little rat...