Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Cylon Register (spoilers)

MattBoxer

[1]Aug 13, 2005
    • level: 9
    There are 12 Cylon models. This Cylon Register will contain an updated list of confirmed Cylon models. The fourth post on the thread contains speculation about the identity of the other Cylon models.

As of the end of Season 4, the 7 "regular" Cylon models had been identified, along with the four individuals who were revealed as members of the "Final Five."

Regular Cylon models:

Sharon Valerii (Number Eight)

Copies include Sharon "Boomer" Valerii and Sharon "Athena" Agathon.

Boomer was shot by Cally but resurrected on Caprica, as we saw in "Downloaded." The other prominent copy of Sharon wanted to distance herself from Boomer, so she took on the call sign of "Athena." She is currently an officer on Galactica. She is also married to Karl "Helo" Agathon.

Number Six

Copies include Shelly Godfrey, Gina and Caprica Six.

The copy that manipulated Baltar on Caprica before the Cylon attack on the Colonies is known as "Caprica Six" or merely "Caprica." She was considered a war hero among the Cylons until she betrayed them. She is currently being held in the brig onboard Galactica. The true nature of the Number Six that Baltar sees in his "daydreams" has not been completely explained.

Leoben Conoy

Adama first discovered a copy at Ragnar Anchorage in the miniseries. That copy was killed. In "Flesh and Bone," President Roslin has vivid dreams about another Leoben Conoy. An actual copy of Leoben is soon discovered and eventually jettisoned out an airlock. Other copies are seen on New Caprica and on the Cylon base ship in Season 3.

Aaron Doral (Number Five)

Aaron Doral was the PR/tour guide on Galactica seen in the miniseries. Baltar correctly identified him as a Cylon. He was abandoned on Ragnar Anchorage at the end of the miniseries. Other copies appear on Caprica to monitor Helo and the future Athena and in Caprica City during the events of "Downloaded". Another copy wired himself with explosives and nearly killed Adama on Galactica.
    Other copies were also seen on New Caprica and on the Cylon base ship in Season 3.

Simon

The first human-form Cylon introduced in Season 2. He appears to oversee the "farms" on Caprica. Two copies were killed as a result of Starbuck's actions.
    Other copies were seen on Caprica in "Downloaded" (although that copy was played by a different actor), on New Caprica, and on the Cylon base ship in Season 3.

D'Anna Biers (Number Three)

The second human-form Cylon introduced in Season 2. One copy is a muckraking reporter who is given free range to produce a documentary about the crew of Galactica. Another copy attempted to monitor the reintegration of Boomer into Cylon society in Caprica City. Other copies played a large role during the Cylon occupation on New Caprica and on the Cylon base ship seen in Season 3. The copy known as D'Anna Biers developed a messianic complex and sought to identify the faces of the Final Five Cylons by killing herself and resurrecting herself repeatedly.

Brother Cavil

The first copy seen acts as a man of religion in the fleet. A second copy delivered the message that the Cylons have decided not to pursue genocide against the human race anymore because Boomer and Caprica Six convinced the other Cylons that the war was a mistake. Additional copies were seen on New Caprica and on the Cylon base ship in Season 3.

The Final Five

Four of the Final Five Cylons were revealed in "Crossroads, Part 2," the finale episode for Season 3. All four heard a buzzing sound and music before the Cylon fleet arrived. Shortly before the Cylons jumped in to the vicinity of Galactica, they were drawn together in an interior room of the ship. Despite the realization that they were all Cylons, they decided to help defend Galactica against the approaching Cylon fleet. Each of them carried out their regular duties as members of the crew or as a political aide.

1) Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol

2) Colonel Saul Tigh

3) Presidential aide Tory Foster

4) Ensign Samuel Anders

Edited on Nov. 6, 2006, by the editor (fixed formatting).
    Updated and revised on June 1, 2007, by the editor.
    Edited on 06/07/2007 11:09pm
    Edited 21 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dignitas

[2]Aug 14, 2005
    • level: 13
    Ellen Tigh
    Evidence For Being A Cylon:
    From "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down": the very fact that the presumed dead Mrs. Tigh suddenly reappears. During Episodes 16, 18, 19 while Adama is down Mrs. Tigh is pushing Col. Tigh to "be a man" and make a number of "very" bad decisions.

Im2Crazy4U

[3]Aug 15, 2005
    • level: 51
    Good job .. I was thinking of doing something like this.

Images can only be included by a Level 3 user and is done using the [IMG] tag. I wish I could edit your post directly, but I cannot, so you'll have to keep it up to date on your own

Also, if you are going to include pictures, then make sure it's a publically available picture (such as off the Sci-Fi website or TV.com) so as to avoid any copyright issues. Do not use screen caps.

It would almost be better to have the confirmed Cylons in your original post and then make a new post with the suspected Cylons.

BTW, it's my theory that all the characters that we know today are not Cylons unless they have already been found out. So Ellen, Gaeta and Dulla then won't be Cylons.

MattBoxer

[4]Aug 20, 2005
    SUSPECTS

Ellen Tigh

Bio: Colonel Paul Tigh wife. motivated by self interest she manipulates her husband to drink and make seemingly poor decisions. Also collaborated with the cylons.

Evidence For:
    1. From Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down: the presumed dead Mrs. Tigh suddenly reappears. she claims she was in a coma but no one remembers giving her any medical treatment during that time.
    2. Meets with the sinister Tom Zarek before the captured assasin is killed in a way that would be very hard for a normal human to pull off.
    3. While her husband is in command of the BSG she pushes Col. Tigh to drink, "be a man" and make a number of "very" bad decisions.
    4. Gave away information, with out much convincing, to the brother Cavil about the
    meeting between the resistance and Sharon.(Occupation and Precipice)
    5. Reasons still unclear as to why Tigh was released. a possibility is
    that Ellen has more of a say in cylon decision making that someone who is just
    sleeping with the enemy - literally. Alternativly, the cylons could have released Sol so that Ellen would hae access to information that they could blackmail out of her(Occupation and Precipice)

Evidence against: 1. does not try to blend in and not rock the boat like most secret agents will do.
    2. Did not come out of any "undercover" situation when the occupation
    was started, however this could be explained by the fact that she does have
    feelings for Sol, and would not be able to be with him if she was revealed to
    be a cylon.(Occupation and Precipice)

Lt Gaeta

Bio: Senior Officer of the watch in the CIC. Then part of the Baltar administration on New Caprica.

Evidence For:
    1. arguably seemed to give something to Boomer#1 just before the shooting
    2. discovered the incriminating evidence against baltar was fabricated at exactly the moment #6 would have wanted.
    3. After forgeting to upload the updated coordinates to the fleet in Scattered, he created the first network on galactica. this network was hacked by the cylons. to what extent is still unknown but it looked like all the firewalls were down and Gaeta didnt tell anyone.
    4. covered up for Dee when she arranged the esape of the President (creating a split in the fleet and Potential for civil war.)
    5. did not cover up for tigh when he was trying to rig the election. this is contary to his actions when helping the president escape.

Evidence against: 1. Leaked information to the resistance (Occupation and Precipice)
    2. Was very disturbed by the execution order.(Occupation and Precipice)
    3. Did not come out of any "undercover" situation when the occupation
    was started.(Occupation and Precipice)

Dualla

Bio: a deck hand currently on CIC duty. intimate with billy the (former) presedential adviser. Just before Billy's death she hocked up with Apollo, and later married him and became a senior officer on the Pegisus.

Evidence For: 1. She was only wounded by the cylons in the 'valley of darkness'. why didnt the cylons kill her?
    2. she managed to recover from here concussion really fast (Valley of Darkness)
    3. she changed her tune, for no specific reason, about her feelings for Billy. (Valley of Darkness)
    4. she helps split the fleet then motivates Adama to take action to bring it back together (home p1). this seems like she is trying to spark a civil war.
    5. She seems to be perusing romance with two politically powerful males (Apollo and Billy). Manipulation through romance is a clear trait of the cylons. 6. Tried to convince apollo to make somewhat of a rash decision and push ahead
    with rescue plans that seemed to be a bit of a long shot. (Occupation and Precipice)

Dr Gaius Baltar

plagued by visions of #6, Baltar is the World-Famous winner of 3 Magnate prizes, and best known for his controversial views on technology. He unknowingly helped in the genocide of the colonies. he was the fleets foremost expert on cylon technology, and for part of the time president but is now with the cylons. Evidence for:

1. Baltar survived a direct nuclear shockwave to his home on Caprica, shielded only by Six's body, which is just as frail as a human's
    2. helped 6 screw earths defences. 3. receives visions of #6 and a brain scan picked up no chip. 4. does not expose cylons when his test finds them.
    5. The #6 in his head new about the baby. The #6 in the cinimar (in Final Cut) seemed surprised by the information. this could suggest that it is not infact #6 talking to him. and if that is the case, how did he get the information on Leoben Conoy, the cylon transponder, the cylon refinery weak spot ect.
    6. gave a cylon a nuke.

Evidence against:

1. #6 would not be needed to corrupt caprices defence systems if baltar himself was a cylon.
    2. #6 seems to despise human thinking cylons, yet loves baltar.
    3. all the baby talk (I will quote it next time I re-watch the series) suggests he is human.
    4. Is currently on a base star, therefore having know reason to remain undercover or deactivated, and the cylons and telling him that he is the only human on the base star and are voting whether a human should be allowed on there ship.
    5. didnt get infected by the cylon virus
    6. the other cylons were happy to let him be exposed to the virus then return. If he was a cylon he may have been a carrier.

Commander William Adama

Bio: The commander of the BSG, the last known Battlestar in the fleet. Evidence For:
    1. Got shot close range and didnt die.
    2. expressed that he beleived boomer was more than just a machine.

Evidence against:
    1. Got shot by a cylon. Because human cylons are just as fragile as humans it would have been hard for boomer to shoot and know that she would not kill Adama. 2. Old enough to have fought in the the first war (where there were no HumanCylons). He is a career military man. to get that rank he would have had to have been in the military for a long time.
    3. Before Boomer#2 and Helo, cylons had not successfully breaded with humans. This means that if Adama is a cylon then Apolo and Zack can not be his offspring. (submitted by 123home123)
    4.in the 'Flight of the Phenox' he let Sharon save the fleet. the idea that he was playing/testing humanity does not work in this instance because it was Sharon, a cylon, that was being tested.

Jammer

NO PIC Bio: One of Cheif Tyrols underlings.

Evidence For:
    1. When it was discovered that cylons look like humans he said everyone should stop trusting each other and that it was every man for himself.
    2. Tells Cally to blame Boomer for the chiefs situation (when he is suspected of being a cylon), and essentially manipulated her into shooting Boomer.
    3. when the cylons bored he was found unharmed amongst dead bodies.
    4. joined new caprica police, and was made a squad leader. (Occupation and Precipice)

Evidence against:
    1.Let Cally go (although this could be explained by the fact that cylons will
    do things that does not fit with there nature if they form a bond with a
    human.) (Occupation and Precipice)
    2.Did not reveal himself when the occupation started. (Occupation and Precipice)

Anders

NO PIC

Bio: part of the resistance on caprica/New Caprica. use to be a professional pyramid player.

Evidence For:

1. pushed for starbuck to leave them, which is very odd considering the desperate situation they were in.

Evidence Against:

1. He is a professional sportsman who would have his backgroud studied by fans, critics and media.
    2. His finding starbuck did not seem engineered in the slightist.
    3. im sure the cylons did not know starbuck was coming to caprica. and if that is the case why wouldn’t he set the resistance up to be all killed by the cylons.
    4. Part of the resistance (Occupation and Precipice)
    5. Had starbuck stolen by another cylon. (Occupation and Precipice)

Chief Tyrol

Evidence For:
    1. did not tell people about sharon when there was evidance that she was a cylon.
    2. Nightmares.
    3. Went crazy and beat up Cally.

Evidence Against:

1. deeply disturbed by sharon being a cylon.
    2. father of a child (Occupation and Precipice)
    3. Part of the resistance (Occupation and Precipice)
    4. executing people who helped the cylons.
    Edited on 11/04/2006 3:37pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Im2Crazy4U

[5]Aug 21, 2005
    How about an expanded bio on the doc:

Simon / The Doc

Bio: The first Human-Cylon introduced in Season 2. Seems to oversee that 'farms' on Caprica. Has already had two models killed as a result of Starbuck's actions.

MattBoxer

[6]Aug 21, 2005
    added.

hcoimbra

[7]Aug 22, 2005
    • level: 5
    Good idea for the Cylon Register.

As for the suspects...I really dont think Gaeta or Dualla are cylons. They seem pretty loyal. Although there could be twists of course...I think most of the cylons to be unconvered will be characters "introduced" to as part of the crew just for the purpose of being cylons. Like a random sergeant somewhere. But there probably will be at least one of the major characters that turns out to be one.

As for Ellen...didn't they confirm she wasnt a Cylon? Although Baltar could have lied bout the test I guess.

MattBoxer

[8]Aug 23, 2005
    that could actually be evidance for. what happened was that he tested her and reported that it came back negitive. although, as with the boomer test, he does not like pointing the finger at cylons. right after the test #6 asks him "what did the test really say" and he get a crazy/insane look on his face and says "I will never tell". the obvious implication was that it said she was a cylon he just couldnt/wouldnt expose her.

MattBoxer

[9]Aug 23, 2005
    and can you give specific examples of Dee or Lt Gaeta being loyal so that i can add the in evidence against.

BisquickDynamo

[10]Aug 24, 2005
    • level: 2
    I'm not sure where you get the evidence for Gaeta and Dualla being Cylons. They haven't done anything remotely out of the ordinary, it would seem. The drama involving them, I think, is just natural, evolving from teh fact that their allegiances are being continually tested between the President, the Articles, Adama, and Tigh.

BisquickDynamo

[11]Aug 24, 2005
    Hot suck. I was just rewatching the episode and I think Gaida really does hand Boomer the gun she shoots Adama with. I totally missed that.

MattBoxer

[12]Aug 25, 2005
    hehe yeah im not making this evidance up. it all happened and it could mean that they are cylons.

Im2Crazy4U

[13]Aug 25, 2005
    MattBoxer wrote:
    hehe yeah im not making this evidance up. it all happened and it could mean that they are cylons.

Now I have to rewatch that episode, and I don't think anyone's making it up.

I'd also believe that Gaida is a Cylon before I'd ever see Dee as a Cylon. She's just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you want more evidence for Gaida (although I don't believe it) you can use this fact:

Gaida was the person best suited to put the Cylon transponder in the control room (mini-series) that Gaius found with 6's help.

aoc2005

[14]Aug 26, 2005
    • level: 6
    BisquickDynamo wrote:
    Hot suck. I was just rewatching the episode and I think Gaida really does hand Boomer the gun she shoots Adama with. I totally missed that.

But you don’t see him hand her a gun the camera just pans down a bit then back up, they chat then he mumbles something like "regret" or "regress" as he walks away. This may still be a trigger word.

Wouldn't Roslin be a good candidate to be cylon?
    The have a plan which seems to be sort of based on the scriptures, would this plan have a big hole if she was not dying and president. Solution make a cylon that develops cancer make sure its on a space ship then blow the hell out of all the colonies. Hole now filled.

Ellen Tigh too obvious to be a cylon, she just likes to stir things up and likes the idea that Colonel Tigh would be running the ship so she could do as she pleases.

I could be wrong....

MattBoxer

[15]Aug 27, 2005
    updated to inclued Baltar. can anyone think of evidance i overlooked?

Y_Ghnott

[16]Aug 28, 2005
    • level: 4
    aoc2005 wrote:
    But you don’t see him hand her a gun the camera just pans down a bit then back up, they chat then he mumbles something like "regret" or "regress" as he walks away. This may still be a trigger word.

The mumbled word is "congrats," to which Sharon responds "thank you." In my opinion, the camera pan was for effect, and they were merely shaking hands.

Im2Crazy4U

[17]Aug 30, 2005
    How about Meier (Tom's man who died)? How did he know that Sharon on BSG was shot? It may just be me, but I remember the Astral Queen being at Kobol when she was killed.

If so, then there's a chance he's a Cylon too. Although I don't know why the Cylon's would have planted him where they did.

WereVampire

[18]Aug 30, 2005
    • level: 1
    I am not sure on Tom's off sider being one but did anyone find it just the slightest bit weird that when Col. Tigh was remembering back about Adama and himself that he kept opening a door with a 3 on it maybe i am just abit paranoid to it but is it worth placing Adama on the list????

Im2Crazy4U

[19]Aug 30, 2005
    WereVampire wrote:
    did anyone find it just the slightest bit weird that when Col. Tigh was remembering back about Adama and himself that he kept opening a door with a 3 on it maybe i am just abit paranoid to it but is it worth placing Adama on the list????

It wasn't weird, Tigh lived in apartment 3, so everytime they showed the door, you saw the 3. So yes, a bit paranoid.

And Adama cannot be a Cylon, as he is too old. Based on his age now, he would likely have served in the previous Cylon war as a Private or such. So no Adama is not a Cylon.

BisquickDynamo

[20]Aug 30, 2005
    Y_Ghnott wrote:
    aoc2005 wrote:

The mumbled word is "congrats," to which Sharon responds "thank you." In my opinion, the camera pan was for effect, and they were merely shaking hands.

I would think that too except for the fact that Boomer is right handed. She shoots Adama with her right hand. She also shakes Gaida's hand with her right hand. So, then, at some point in time between shaking Gaida's hand and shooting Adama, a gun appears in her right hand. She doesn't appear to carry the gun onto the bridge with her, and she's coming directly from her ship with her copilot. It would just seem as though Gaida handed her the weapon.