Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Cylon Register (spoilers)

guy_guy1234

[241]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    it looks like you puted on the stand the entire senior staff of BSG accept Colonel Tigh,Apolo & Starbuck.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattBoxer

[242]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 9
    give me some a case for or against those charricters being cylons and i will gladly add them.

for those three that you mentioned there are probably a few "against" arguements, but i can not think of any reason why anyone would suspect them.

trackstarbuck

[243]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    which is why TIGH IS A CYLONQ! OH NO!

..... special moment.

MattBoxer

[244]Oct 7, 2006

Update from Occupation
    and Precipice:
    (Spoilers)

Suspects:

Ellen Tigh:

reasons for:

- Gave away information, with out much convincing, to the brother Cavil about the
    meeting between the resistance and Sharon.

- Reasons still unclear as to why Tigh was released. a possibility is
    that Ellen has more of a say in cylon decision making that someone who is just
    sleeping with the enemy literally.

Reasons against:

- Did not come out of any "undercover" situation when the occupation
    was started, however this could be explained by the fact that she does have
    feelings for Sol, and would not be able to be with him if she was revealed to
    be a cylon.

the evidence is really mounting for Ellen.

Lt Gaeta:

Reasons against:

- Leaked information to the resistance

- Was very disturbed by the execution order.

- Did not come out of any "undercover" situation when the occupation
    was started.

Dualla:

Bio updated.

Evidence For:

- Tried to convince apollo to make somewhat of a rash decision and push ahead
    with rescue plans that seemed to be a bit of a long shot.

Jammer

Evidence For:

- joined new caprica police, and was made a squad leader.

Evidence against:

- Let Cally go (although this could be explained by the fact that cylons will
    do things that does not fit with there nature if they form a bond with a
    human.)

- Did not reveal himself when the occupation started.

Anders

Evidence against:

- Part of the resistance

- Had his girl stolen by another cylon.

seems very unlikely now that he is a cylon.

Chief Tyrol

Evidence against:

- Part of the resistance

gcswift2

[245]Oct 8, 2006

Using Matt's format Here are my Suspects:

Ellen Tigh:
    reasons for:
    - Gave away information, with out much convincing, to the brother Cavil about the meeting between the resistance and Sharon.
    - She is the reason why Tigh was released.

- Possibile that Ellen has a say in cylon decision making. 

- She is a Spy for the Cylons.

- Did not come out of any "undercover" situation when the occupation was started. This could be explained by the fact that she could be one of the Cylons who has experienced "love" and would not be able to be with him if she was revealed to be a cylon.

Reasons against:

the evidence is really mounting for Ellen.

Lt Gaeta:
    Reasons against:
    - Leaked information to the resistance
    - Was very disturbed by the execution order.

Dualla:
    Bio updated.

Evidence Against:
    - Convinced Apollo to stop being "soft".

- Pushed Apollo to make a decision, Adama convinced him  to push ahead with rescue plans. While the plans seemed to be a bit of a long shot, it seemed that Apollo was ready to go with the safe bet and run away.

Jammer
    Evidence For:
    - joined new caprica police, and was made a squad leader.

Evidence against:
    - Let Cally go (although this could be explained by the fact that cylons will do things that does not fit with there nature if they form a bond with a human.)

Anders
    Evidence against:
    - Had his girl stolen by another cylon.

Chief Tyrol

Evidence against:
    - Was in love with the "Sleeper" Sharon

- Is against suicide attacks (Why would he care if he was a cylon)

Duck

Evidence for:

- When he killed himself he said to D'Anna Model "I'll see you soon" (Ref to resurection)

prg77

[246]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    Sorry if this has been mentioned, but it is pretty much canon that the cylon agents are all original models & not based on existing humans, so anyone who has a history of more than about 2-3 years cannot possibly be a cylon agent. Also, it is only recently that cylons have been able to reproduce so anyone with a blood relative is excluded

This therefore excludes the following:

Both Adamas
    Ellen Tigh (Married to Saul for 7 years)
    Laura Roslin (in politics for a long time)
    Gaius Baltar (high profile scientist)
    Starbuck
    Cheif Tyrol
    Tom Zarek (in prison for years)
    Anders (famous footballer)

Might be:
    Gaeta
    Dualla (she was found alive when all her fellow officers were killed during a cylon raid)

& Billy could always come back
    Edited on 10/08/2006 2:46am

prg77

[247]Oct 8, 2006
    gcswift2 wrote:
    - When he killed himself he said to D'Anna Model "I'll see you soon" (Ref to resurection)

He was talking to his dead wife (whose name he said)

chetum

[248]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 2
    PRG77 you are absolutely correct, well except for one of the suspects you eliminated.

Technically you cannot eliminate Ellen Tigh as a suspect because of a suposed 7yr marriage because there is no proof of that in the actual show. the only proof of that was from a scene that was deleted and never aired. its possible to speculate the reason the scene was deleted was for that very fact, that it would conflict with the story line if she is revealed to be a cylon agent. however, the fact that the scene does exist makes the probability of Ellen being a cylon agent very low.

we must assume its possible that that any or all of the unidentified cylon agents could be characters that either have not yet been introduced or have up until now, only played a very small role. So basically its possible that NONE of these suspects are cylons.

one last factor I wanted to throw in, is the fact that each of the 12 models is known to represent 12 different personality archetypes that the cylons have categorized to represent all of humanity. this is an interesting factor to consider when considering and/or eliminating suspects. What 7 personality types do the current cylon agents we know of represent? if you can figure that out, maybe you can figure out what personality types are missing, which could lead you to some interesting answers....
    Edited on 10/08/2006 5:08am

123home123

[249]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 55
    Keep in mind that no main character has turned out to be a Cylon in the regular series. (Sharon was revealed as a Cylon in the miniseries.) The only new Cylon models have been characters who were introduced in that same episode or in the immediately preceding one (Brother Cavil, D'Anna Biers, Simon). I get the feeling that Ronald Moore isn't interested in a game of "Who's the Cylon?" so I really doubt that any recurring character from the last 2+ seasons is a Cylon.

The same probably applies even to Baltar. If he is a Cylon, then why would the Cylons have needed the Number Six copy on Caprica to seduce him and get the computer system codes in the miniseries? He could have just deactivated the defenses on his own. I know there was a brief clip in that Season 3 promo on Friday where Baltar is heard saying "So I'm a Cylon?" but I think that was meant to intrigue us and throw us off a bit.

MattBoxer

[250]Oct 8, 2006
    prg77 wrote:
    so anyone who has a history of more than about 2-3 years cannot possibly be a cylon agent.

I don't follow. are you suggesting that they could/would not plant an agent amongst the humans years before the planned invasion. I do not think that is a stretch.

i think it is a twist that the writers will fall back on eventually its just a matter of time - and hopefully they won’t contradict evidence on this thread.

123home123 wrote:
    I get the feeling that Ronald Moore isn't interested in a game of "Who's the Cylon?

there has been at least three occasions that the writing has bluntly and intentionally cast suspicion on Ellen.
    1. the very suspicious nature of her appearance.
    2. the cylon-test and "i will never tell" remark.
    3. the death of the assassin and Ellen's preceding suspicious behavior.

and thanks gcswift2, i will add your contribution tomorrow - when i get how from work.

MichaelDracon

[251]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 11
    See my Baltar = Cylon theory in the Ep 3.1 thread, 5th page.

prg77

[252]Oct 8, 2006
    MattBoxer wrote:
    prg77 wrote:
    so anyone who has a history of more than about 2-3 years cannot possibly be a cylon agent.

I don't follow. are you suggesting that they could/would not plant an agent amongst the humans years before the planned invasion. I do not think that is a stretch.

from Battlestar Wiki:

"Based on information from the Miniseries, the Cylon agents began their infiltration and integration into Colonial society approximately 2 years before the Fall of the Twelve Colonies. If a character has a direct association with a character that cannot be a Cylon agent, that association excludes them since they are older than the stated time that the agents began to integrate themselves into Colonial society. Note that the 2-year period is based on information given by Number Six to Gaius Baltar: Their relationship lasted for 2 years prior to the Cylon attack. There is also supporting information that Boomer's tour of duty in the Colonial Fleet was also approximately 2 years."

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Cylon_agent_speculation

philosopher76

[253]Oct 8, 2006

Dubius_Status wrote:
    From what I gather, Helo and Boomer's child would be the first and (thus far) only 'half-human half-cyclon' on the show. I doubt that anyone else would fit that category.

bump

philosopher76

[254]Oct 8, 2006

I like to point out that as far as we know, cylons doesn't age. So it would be a stretch to have any cylons undercover for longer period of time especially if they're not age-appropriate. If you're a cylon posing to be ahuman in his/hers early 20s then probably you haven't been undercover for 7 years....

Btw, can a cylon get fat?

MattBoxer

[255]Oct 8, 2006
    prg77, you would have to be in the military alot longer than 2 years to make it to where sharon made it.

prg77

[256]Oct 9, 2006
    MattBoxer wrote:
    prg77, you would have to be in the military alot longer than 2 years to make it to where sharon made it.

She was a sleeper agent, her memories were implanted & they somehow infiltrated the military books to get her in - she transfered to galactica.

That's how come all the Sharons remember the same things up to a point

Wedo765

[257]Oct 10, 2006
    MattBoxer wrote:

Nah she's a Lieutent JG, which is the second lowest officer rank in the Galacitca Universe (anything lower than Ensign is just enlisteds) and she was only a Raptor pilot, if she was promoted from Ensign just before the Mini then it would make sense...plus we're assuming she started at the bottom, I find it hard to believe that the Cylons decided to just send her to the academy and make her train, they probably fabricated all her backstory, basically invented the person Sharon Vallerii, whose parents in a minig accident on Troy, that graduated from the academy, became a raptor pilot, served for a little while, was promoted to the rank of Lt (junior grade) then assigned to Galactica, but in reality the number 8 was programed to match the story the Cylons created then sent to Caprica with false orders to be assigned to Galactica

Wedo765

[258]Oct 10, 2006
    MattBoxer wrote:

Nah she's a Lieutent JG, which is the second lowest officer rank in the Galacitca Universe (anything lower than Ensign is just enlisteds) and she was only a Raptor pilot, if she was promoted from Ensign just before the Mini then it would make sense...plus we're assuming she started at the bottom, I find it hard to believe that the Cylons decided to just send her to the academy and make her train, they probably fabricated all her backstory, basically invented the person Sharon Vallerii, whose parents in a minig accident on Troy, that graduated from the academy, became a raptor pilot, served for a little while, was promoted to the rank of Lt (junior grade) then assigned to Galactica, but in reality the number 8 was programed to match the story the Cylons created then sent to Caprica with false orders to be assigned to Galactica

Rexella

[259]Oct 10, 2006
    sloppy69er wrote:
    Lt Gaeta must be a cylon not only did he hand a civlian style pistol to sharon but his position as baltars assistant is the perfect cover to endorse any thing he would say

I like the way you're thinking of this...I'm interested in his position for the following reasons: 1. he can keep an "eye" on the resistance and lure the fleet into a trap. It's possible that the transmissions between the resistance and the fleet have been monitored and that the cylons knew the drop-zone before Ellen gave up the location (highly improbable, but possible); 2. Cylons probably want Baltar dead at this point. Perhaps they are ready to assume full control of the humans under occupation as an extention of their "no more kiddie gloves" strategy. I don't actually think that Gaeta is a cylon though, nor are any folks suggested in this thread (aside from the 6 models identified on the show); the writers have always been pretty upfront about the cylon agents, at least to the viewers/audience. There are obviously many things yet to be revealed and this is not a blanket argument to cover the possiblity of sleeper agents yet to be awakened. Sharon's in the show opener under the heading "there are many copies," so even as we bonded with Boomer in the miniseries/first season we knew she was a cylon. The writers seem more interested in showing us the tragedy of human fears running wild as characters grow ever more suspicious of others being toasters, of the possibility that "anyone" could be a cylon, thus highlighting the resultant distrust, chaos, and the inevitable moral decline of the survivors. This season, however, seems all about the moral delima faced by the resistance and the humans collaborating with the cylons...The show is like a political commentary on current events, a history book, a theological debate, and an action movie all rolled into one!

Synetech

[260]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 22
    Is there any evidence that there are any Cylons based on existing humans? It seems more like all the human-form Cylons are original works. I don't believe that Adama, Ellen, etc. could be Cylons since they were around before the Cylons began creating human-forms. Only new people like Sharon who have no confirmable past can be Cylons.

As for Baltar, stop saying that he's a Cylon. If he were a Cylon or in any way working for them, they would have just had him infiltrate the defence mainframe instead of going to all the trouble of having a Cylon seduce him, to gain access.