Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Cylon Register (spoilers)

123home123

[41]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 55
    MattBoxer wrote:
    UPDATES

Added D'anna Biers in the confirmed. it seemed she was going to do a negitive and damaging story about the BSG but changed her mind when she saw Boomer#2. possibly she wanted to be in a position to keep tabs on the Boomer#2.

I was about to write "the Cylons in the screening room thought that the Boomer in the deleted scene was the original Boomer on the ship, NOT the Sharon that 'defected' from Caprica." Then, I remembered that the evil quartet mentioned the hybrid baby. This would mean that the Cylons know all about Caprica Sharon's defection and presence on the Galactica.

What does this mean for next week's episode? According to the trailers, "Sharon's loyalties will decide humanity's fate." Obviously she will have to save the ship and humanity somehow. Otherwise, there would be no more show. But could her defection and rescue of the humans on Kobol and on Galactica be part of the Cylon plan? I thought I knew that this Sharon was "good" but now I'm having doubts. This is what keeps me hooked on the show. I never know what's going to happen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scooterKS

[42]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 3
    [QUOTE="123home123"]
    MattBoxer wrote:
    UPDATES

This would mean that the Cylons know all about Caprica Sharon's defection and presence on the Galactica.

I'd venture to guess that all of the "aware" Cylons have some basic idea of how many of each model there are and where they are located.

I hope that some time down the road we get to see the homeworld the Cylons made for themselves and the humanoid Cylon factory.

You know...working on what someone else said about some humans being banished along with the "trash can" Cylons, I know it's not possible (since he's passed away) but wouldn't it have been WAY too cool for us to eventually see the Cylon homeworld...you see a big round chair with the Cylon leader in it...the chair spins around revealing John Colicos? (The original series Baltar for those that don't know)

Wedo765

[43]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 10
    Has anyone noticed really that Baltar's Six seems to have completely different motives from te real Six (or Sixes) on Caprica, not to mention that Baltar's Six is clearly not in contact with any of the other Cylons or else they would know about Boomer and the Baby without D'Anna's info

123home123

[44]Sep 13, 2005
    Evidence against Adama being a Cylon

It was already noted that he has had a long career in the military. He would have aged during that time and we already saw flashbacks of his earlier days on the rusty freighter with Tigh.

If Adama were a Cylon, then wouldn't that make Lee a human-Cylon hybrid? I doubt the writers would make both Adama and his son Cylons. It would be too convoluted a situation. The Cylons would also make a big fuss about Apollo. The Cylons have never focused on Apollo nor discussed him.

MattBoxer

[45]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 9
    Wedo765 wrote:
    Has anyone noticed really that Baltar's Six seems to have completely different motives from te real Six (or Sixes) on Caprica, not to mention that Baltar's Six is clearly not in contact with any of the other Cylons or else they would know about Boomer and the Baby without D'Anna's info

there is plenty of evidance suggesting that Baltar is really seeing #6, however then #6 should know everything that Baltar knows. Maybe she was just acting surprised because she is not meant to be in contact with him.

and thanks 123home123, that evidance has been added

Spolster

[46]Sep 13, 2005
    MattBoxer wrote:
    there is plenty of evidance suggesting that Baltar is really seeing #6, however then #6 should know everything that Baltar knows. Maybe she was just acting surprised because she is not meant to be in contact with him.

It's possible that they're not the same #6. We know the Cylons don't have a constant mental link. Just because one #6 knows something doesn't mean that all the others do too.

trekkiesg

[47]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 1
    Evidence against Adama being a Cylon
    It would be too confusing to make Adama a cylon and I think a lot of viewers would find it hard to wrap their brains around it.

My suspected cylons
    Cally
    1) She resists shooting the cylons on Kobol.
    2) She kills Boomer! My belief is that she knew Boomer was defecting and wanted to put a stop to it.

Dualla
    No real solid evidence but she just seems very insidious to me.

Guys, how do you know there are 12 cylons? I missed it somewhere right? Help me out please?

thks for making this thread!

Wedo765

[48]Sep 13, 2005
    Someone left Adama a very mysterious note at the end of the mini series, no one really knows who left it though

trekkiesg

[49]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 1
    Oh right! Thks a lot for pointing me in the right direction Wedo765.

tvguy8472

[50]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 7
    Wedo765 wrote:
    Someone left Adama a very mysterious note at the end of the mini series, no one really knows who left it though

Yes, it said, "THERE ARE ONLY 12 CYLON MODELS." It was typed. As I recall, Number Six told Baltar that there are 12 models and she was "Number Six." Thus I assumed that Baltar had left the note, though the note's author was not explictly revealed.

ozoneliar

[51]Sep 14, 2005
    • level: 2
    More Evidence for Lt. Gaeta:

In the episode where Baltar is in the brig and prays, Gaeta then pulls a Deus Ex. Perhaps 6 told him to do this?

My theory is: The six in Baltar can transfer to a body she has on the fleet. Thats why she vanished, in addition to the whole teaching Baltar a lesson thing.

MattBoxer

[52]Sep 15, 2005
    what do you mean by pulled a dues ex?

ozoneliar

[53]Sep 15, 2005
    Deus Ex Machina: n. a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty.

Lt. Gaeta appeared right after his prayers were "accepted".

123home123

[54]Sep 15, 2005
    "Deus ex machina" comes from Latin for "God out of the machine." Ozoneliar is correct in his explanation.

The term originally came from classical Greek tragedy. Near the end of a play, when the characters were in a hopeless situation, one of the Gods (Athena, Hera, Poseidon, et al.) would literally come out of some sort of contraption (or machine) and save the day. The phrase now applies to situations where a writer seems to have taken the easy way out and brought in the cavalry to save the "heroes," even when it doesn't make sense in the story. It usually has a pejorative or negative connotation, i.e. that the writer backed himself into a corner and used a "God"/savior to get out of the mess.

It might be positive in certain situations on BSG. There is frequent reference to "the Gods" who have names similar to the ancient Greek Gods (Athena, Apollo). Number Six calls Gaius an instrument of the one true God. The Cylons are clearly manipulating many situations and they claim that all events in the universe have already taken place. A "Deus ex" in BSG would just be part of the grand Cylon plan or a part of destiny. From a dramatic POV, I would hope that they didn't use the plot device too often. I don't think they have so far.

MattBoxer

[55]Sep 16, 2005
    oh, ok i get what you mean.

.. added..

ozoneliar

[56]Sep 16, 2005
    Evidence for Adama:

If Gaeta is a cylon, then Adama set him up to do all the cylon work with Baltar on purpouse.

Note: I don't believe for a second Adama is a cylon. But if he is a cylon, then Kudos to the show for blowing everybody away.

Im2Crazy4U

[57]Sep 16, 2005
    • level: 51
    Neither Adama is a Cylon. PERIOD.

They should be taken off the registrar, never to appear again.

MattBoxer

[58]Sep 16, 2005
    feel free to produce some evidence against.

Im2Crazy4U

[59]Sep 16, 2005
    • level: 51
    MattBoxer wrote:
    feel free to produce some evidence against.

He's too old to have been a Cylon, unless they somehow kidnapped his, while he was still in the army (space cadet) and implanted all of his original memories so that no one could find out. Lee's birth is also proof that he's not a Cylon since they're just starting to try and learn how.

MattBoxer

[60]Sep 16, 2005
    is it not possible that they replaced the human Adama with a cylon. im not saying that i believe that, im just saying that i think it is possible.