Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Cylon Register (spoilers)

Dubius_Status

[121]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 4
    Peter_vonFrosta writes:

Of course it will happen. Don't you remember, in one of the Caprica episodes, Simon did an operation on Starbuck which looked like he took some of her eggs, suggesting by the position of the stitches.

That would suggest a furtherance of the cylon/human hybrid breeding program, not necessarily a cloning experiment involving Starbuck (as any normal cell sample would do).

They might spring a 'Starbuck's daughter' ploy at some point, though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

icanfix

[122]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    i think instead of finding out a main cast member is a cylon we will find out they are half cylon and ahlf human, its more complicated than it sounds

Dubius_Status

[123]Jan 9, 2006
    • level: 4
    From what I gather, Helo and Boomer's child would be the first and (thus far) only 'half-human half-cyclon' on the show.

I doubt that anyone else would fit that category.

MattBoxer

[124]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    nothing happened in the last couple of eps that require this thread to be updated.... Im just bumping it so it does not get deleted.

123home123

[125]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 55
    Maybe the only development is whether or not Number Six is a real character or a figment of Baltar's imagination. I haven't figured it out, but in any case Gina would take her place on the list.

123home123

[126]Jan 20, 2006
    Maybe this thread could be renamed "KNOWN CYLON AGENTS" in all caps, just like the title of the folder that Baltar opened up as he sat in Roslin's chair.

BattlestarQ

[127]Jan 23, 2006
    123home123 wrote:
    Maybe this thread could be renamed "KNOWN CYLON AGENTS" in all caps, just like the title of the folder that Baltar opened up as he sat in Roslin's chair.

I like your thinkin. I second the motion

emmaels26

[128]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    I am new to the show and so
    Does anyone know if Apollo is a Cylon because my friend says that he is and it is worrying me because i like Apollo. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thank you

123home123

[129]Jan 24, 2006
    Apollo is not a Cylon.

MattBoxer

[130]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    No evidence of apollo being a cylon has been posted on this thread...

you friend is yanking your chain

Stinkfoot71

[131]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    I am new to the show as well, I watched the original on TV and loved it. I have been watching the mini series and seasons 1 and 2 in the last 5 days. I just watched Resurrection ship part 1 and then found this forum. I read this entire thread so I am starting to think I'm hooked on the show

I dont think any of the principal characters that have backstorey which predates the timeline of the Cylons creating human looking models can be Cylons. The writers have somewhat defined the Cylons capability's, and being able to just make a human cylon of anyone at will is not one of them. All the Cylons so far are in the same age group, this could and probably will change.

Adama Sr., Roslyn (sp?), Tom the terrorist, Col. Tigh and his Wife are out in my book. Mrs. Tigh is MAYBE, in the least sense of the word maybe, a Cylon of some sort. But not like the 12 human models responsible for the attack. Maybe a clone or something. And really, would even the cylons want more of her around?

Is there any evidence of the Cylon models living a life cycle with a human family? A human for cylon baby swap, and a growing Cylon? I dont recall the Chief knowing Sharon's mom or family. They mention Sharon's thoughts of childhood being implanted, but as I recall its just a human in the show speculating as he screams at her. The resurrection ship seems to prove the Cylons can build the 12 models at will. I wonder if there is a limit to how many of a type can be active?

On another note, I don't see how preventing destruction of the fleet is any evidence that a character is not Cylon, I don't think it's at all clear that the Cylons in fact do want to destroy the fleet, or ever have. There does appear to be many indications that they are pushing the fleet for some purpose. The attack that Sharon prevents could have been designed to build trust between her and the humans. So anyone's actions are rather suspect at this time.

My guess of the day is the whole need for love thing is a precursor to an eventual 'Cylons who love Humans' faction in the show. Sharon is the first but I suspect a shift in a larger group of Cylons, now that they can produce babies with them. Possible a division in the Cylon ranks hmm? The children re-uniting with the parents angle. Dunno though, just started coming to grips with this shows complexity.

Nice to meet you all.

123home123

[132]Jan 26, 2006
    Welcome to the board, Stinkfoot. (I hate typing that, but that is your screen name after all.)

Stinkfoot71

[133]Jan 27, 2006
    heheh dont hate it, its got a great back storey.

On another note,

I watched 'Final Cut' again just now. Trying to pick up on any hints of Cylon in the way the reporter character is presented. Nothing really jumped out at me. But that is one of my favorite episodes so far. I didnt realize the reporter was Lucy Lawless until I read the character guide.

Damn cool that Lucy Lawless is a Cylon. I predict a fat brawl between her and Gina/6. If they don't put those two in the ring its a crying shame.

It stands to reason that a few of the remaining Cylons will be fairly well known actors like Lawless. I wonder who else we may see...

I'd like to see a real powerhouse actor in the role of a Cylon, Denzil Washington (never happen but man that would be so sweet), Patrick Stewart is actually possible and he has serious range, I think Allison Janney (C.J. Craig on the West Wing) would make a damn fine Cylon as well.

Is a strong Cylon leader planned for this show? So far it seems 6/Tricia Helfer takes that role, no offense to her as she has done an amazing job so far. But if this war is going to be won on acting merits the Cylons are the ones who should be running for their lives. The humans have all the heavy guns right now.

emmaels26

[134]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    Thank you very much for saying that. I really didn't want Apollo to be a cylon. And yes my friend is probably lying

123home123

[135]Jan 27, 2006
    How about Robert Patrick as a Cylon? He was, of course, the deluxe Terminator model in "Terminator 2." He appears to enjoy science fiction roles and he has no aversion to appearing on TV. He starred as Special Agent Doggett on The X-Files for 2 years and he guest-starred in the pilot for "Stargate Atlantis." He joked about his T2 role on The X-Files in one episode, "Salvage." Doggett said that metal men only appear in movies.

Can you imagine the T-1000 returning as a Cylon?

BattlestarQ

[136]Jan 28, 2006
    I am Starting to truely suspect Dualla as a cylon. For 1 if you notice female cylons have the need to breed. 2nd.in the miniseries she just up and kissed billy when passing in the hallway. Then last week as she listend in on apollo and starbuck. and this week when she confronts apollo, then later when she is with billy. and what do we truely know of her past? it feels like of what we new of boomers past. i know its not daming evidence but still she has made it to my suspect list.

Stinkfoot71

[137]Jan 28, 2006
    After considering your points I am starting to agree about Dualla.

Alert!
    Possible spoiler unless u have seen black market!
    dont read unless u have or dont care.

I would have like to have seen Bill Duke (he played Phelan) last longer then one episode, he would make a great Cylon. I guess they could still bring him back...but I don't think a Cylon would sell children into slavery. It just doesn't seem to fit with their religion.
    Edited on 01/28/2006 7:09pm

cierob

[138]Jan 29, 2006
    • level: 12
    Stinkfoot71 wrote:
    After considering your points I am starting to agree about Dualla.

Alert!
    Possible spoiler unless u have seen black market!
    dont read unless u have or dont care.

I would have like to have seen Bill Duke (he played Phelan) last longer then one episode, he would make a great Cylon. I guess they could still bring him back...but I don't think a Cylon would sell children into slavery. It just doesn't seem to fit with their religion.

The Cylon's nuked a planet. I'm sure lots of childern were killed. It's like those movie disclaimers. No Cylon children were hurt or sold into slavery. That makes it okay.

Anyway I don't think Dee is a Cylon, although good points were made in her favor. She does seem desperate for love.
    Are we sure they didn't include the mechanical Cylon's in the 12 count?

FrakkingFrakker

[139]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 28
    I don't think Dee's past is at all like Boomer's...as stated in a previous post (within the last four) that I didn't quote. She had a family that she talked about in Final Cut, and of course, her moment with the wall of rememberence. I think those are pretty strong moments that going back on them, not necessarily out of the question, might anger some a little more that RDM would like.

Thinking about Boomer's past made me consider... She came from Troy...after a devestating mining accident. Is it possible that mining accident was a cylon attack...and all the survivors were planted by the toasters? Just a strange thought I had.

Last question...what happened to Leobon? We see Six and Doral a lot, but we never see Leobon anymore. I just don't know where he went and what makes him different. (perhaps I should make that a new thread.)

BattlestarQ

[140]Feb 2, 2006
    ok i wasnt sure if there was any detail on Dualla's past but your right about boomers past of being a survivor of that mining accident. mind you though her past could simply be memory implants and the story just a cover doesnt necessarily mean it was a cylon attack.