Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Cylon Register (spoilers)

BattlestarQ

[161]Mar 15, 2006
    • level: 8
    JamesYucca wrote:
    MattBoxer wrote:
    and a few other little things... i need some more "evidence against" for tyrol... because i love his charicter and would hate to start to think he is a cylon.

At the end of the finale it is pretty clear that he has fathered a child, something that cylons cannot do (easily). This rules out both him and Kali.

Hold on now your Assuming the Chief is the father. We have no definative confimation that he is. But I would Also assume so.
    Back in season 1 as was stated by Sharon to Helo the cylon human models can not reproduce with one another because there is apparently no love they feel for one another. But if a cylon loves a human they can get pregnant. There was no mention that male cylons can not impregnate human females. The key to the cylons having children was LOVE.

So what i am saying is you cant discount either from the suspect list cause cylons do get pregnant if there is Love
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JamesYucca

[162]Mar 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    BattlestarQ wrote:
    Hold on now your Assuming the Chief is the father. We have no definative confimation that he is. But I would Also assume so.
    Back in season 1 as was stated by Sharon to Helo the cylon human models can not reproduce with one another because there is apparently no love they feel for one another. But if a cylon loves a human they can get pregnant. There was no mention that male cylons can not impregnate human females. The key to the cylons having children was LOVE.

So what i am saying is you cant discount either from the suspect list cause cylons do get pregnant if there is Love

The whole thing about love was never stated as an absolute fact, it was just a guess that Sharon made (I think it was Sharon). Momma Sharon getting pregnant was a very big deal, and it wouldn't have been if all it took was getting a sleeper agent to fall in love.
    And it has been stated that male cylons cannot impregnate human females, that is why none the cylons 'farms' on Caprica have produced any offspring.

DocMartigan

[163]Mar 15, 2006
    JamesYucca wrote:

And it has been stated that male cylons cannot impregnate human females, that is why none the cylons 'farms' on Caprica have produced any offspring.

Which means, if Tyrol is the father of Callie's baby (and he is)... he is not a Cylon.

natejohnstone

[164]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    I must concur with "BattlestarQ" who noted the Tyrol/Kali pregnancy.
    They made PARTICULAR effort to show us that...why?
    It's clear that Cylon/Human hybrids are the priority of the Cylon "Plan." It follows that there were multiple test subject in place besides Boomer2 and Helo. Given that Boomer1 and the Chief were ALSO a couple, that leads me to believe that:
    1) The Cylons pre-determine which humans are likely canditates for Hybird parentage
    2) Kali is a Cylon (and the Chief doesn't know yet)
    3) Neither Commander Adama nor LT. Dualla are Cylons (she's clearly not pregnant and they are still together).
    4) It seemed to me that Starbuck could have been pregnant. It wasn't clear because they purposely had her in baggy clothes, but it seemed she may have put on weight and had certianly "settled down." A Starbuck pregnancy would follow the plot well from "The Farm" where the Cylons and Boomer2 talked of her being "special." If that is true, then...
    5) Starbuck is NOT a Cylon, but her piramid-playing husband IS. After all, he is deathly ill at the end of the season, on the planet above which a nuclear device was detonated. Cylons are very suseptable to radiation poisening.

Of course, pregnancy is not the only factor involved in Cylon detection, but given that the new "children" are clearly thier priority, it's a major factor.
    On a side note, it's interesting that the only Cylon/Human hybrid already born (that we know of) is named Isis--a move here from stricly Greek mythology to Egyptian
    Edited on 03/18/2006 10:08am

natejohnstone

[165]Mar 17, 2006
    :

The above statement on the episode infers that they had been unsuccessful, not that it was impossible for a Cylon male to impregnate a human female--dig difference.
    The Cylon agent that Starbuck interogated on Galactica said that she was "very special"...Baltar's invisible Cylon girlfriend said that Starbuck was "special," the Cylon agent that comes to Starbuck's sick husband at the end of "Lay Down Your Burdens 2" wants to know where Kara is---no other Cylons are shown asking about anyone else...
    In "The Farm" Boomer2 stated that the Cylons were particularly interested in Starbuck "Because you're special, Kara." What is so speical about Lt. Kara Thrace? It could be that for some pre-existing reason Kara was able to be impregnated by a Cylon.
    Or, MORE LIKELY, the operation that they Cylons did to Kara at the Farm hospital altered her in such a way that she can NOW conceive a Cylon child in the proper circumstances (i.e. a Cylon male whom she loves--enter our Pyramid player).
    Henceforth--Starbuck will give birth to a Cylon/human hybrid child in Season 3, possibly Inubis or Ra.

That fact that Cylon males cannot usually impregnate human females gives further credence to my above theory that Kali is a Cylon and the Chief is not.
    Edited on 03/18/2006 10:06am
    Edited 2 total times.

DocMartigan

[166]Mar 18, 2006
    natejohnstone wrote:
    :

In "The Farm" Boomer2 stated that the Cylons were particularly interested in Starbuck "Because you're special, Kara." It could be that for some pre-existing reason Kara was able to be impregnated by a Cylon.
    Or, MORE LIKELY, the operation that they Cylons did to Kara at the Farm hospital altered her in such a way that she can NOW conceive a Cylon child in the proper circumstances (i.e. a Cylon male whom she loves--enter our Pyramid player).
    Henceforth--Starbuck will give birth to a Cylon/human hybrid child in Season 3, possibly Inubis or Ra.

That fact that Cylon males cannot usually impregnate human females gives further credence to my above theory that Kali is a Cylon and the Chief is not.

No it doesn't, lol.

It has the same amount of credence as it did before. The only thing that changed was the chance that the Chief is a Cylon. There is now 0% chance he is a Cylon. It has been, and still is 50/50 with her. The fact that she is bearing a child has no effect on that. It only served to rule the Chief out.
    Edited on 03/18/2006 5:59am

natejohnstone

[167]Mar 18, 2006
    Agreed--my caveat in the last message was meant to say that none of this is CONCLUSIVE evidence, just evidence. My main point is that I don't think the Chief an be a Cylon. Cally doesn't NEED to be a Cylon, there is just evidence there, especially since they made particular effort to show us that she's pregnent and we know that's the Cylon goal.
    But I'd put Kali at far more that 50/50, in fact she's my number 1 susspect at the moment. The Chief loved a Cylon once, and there are odds that he could do so again. Kali ALWAYS loved the Chief and was after him, way back in the Miniseries, She even killed for him. During his very wierd "dream" phase where he thought he was a Cylon, he woke up and beat the crap out of who...Kali. Why? Because someomehow his subconscious can detect that she's a Cylon too. And she forgives him without question because the loves him (and wants to have his child).
    Edited on 03/18/2006 9:57am

DocMartigan

[168]Mar 18, 2006
    There is no "evidence" pointing towards her.

There is speculation.

-She killed for him... yeah... she killed a Cylon.

-She is pregnant, and that is what Cylons do...

- It is also what humans have got to start to doing in order to save the race. I don't see how her being pregnant would point you towards her being a Cylon. The humans and the Cylons want babies... still 50/50.

-She loved him and was after him since the miniseries...
    so what? Are you telling me that if someone is in love with someone else, and has a crush on them for a long time... it increases their chances of being a Cylon?

And the "he subconciously detected her as a Cylon" is the weakest argument. He woke up, didn't really know where he was, and started beating the person who woke him up. He didn't know it was Cally until he snapped out of it.

Still 50/50. There is no evidence or even strong suspiscion pointing towards her definitely being human, or cylon. We can guess and come up with reasons why she might be... but it doesn't change the facts.

I'm not saying you can't have your own opinion. I'm sure we all suspect different people as being Cylons, and in our own minds, have the percentage game going on... but saying there is evidence that points one way or the other when there isn't is different.
    Edited on 03/18/2006 12:37pm
    Edited 4 total times.

corbie82

[169]Mar 19, 2006
    Did they not say in S1 that there was 6 male cylons and 6 female cylons. I cant remember a 100% if this is true but if it is it would mean that there is 2 male cylons and 3 female cylons left, unless they created more. in the year that passed. Not entirely sure if this is correct if its not then just delete.

DocMartigan

[170]Mar 19, 2006
    corbie82 wrote:
    Did they not say in S1 that there was 6 male cylons and 6 female cylons. I cant remember a 100% if this is true but if it is it would mean that there is 2 male cylons and 3 female cylons left, unless they created more. in the year that passed. Not entirely sure if this is correct if its not then just delete.

I don't recall if they ever said how many of each sex there is.
    Would be good to know though!

tuffythecat

[171]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    Ok, I haven't had time to go through all the posts (too many!) so sorry if this is a repeat... but I have a few suspicions as to who the remaining cylons are.

First, Kali (sp?) for three reasons. Firstly, her name is Kali, who is otherwise known as the Hindu god is destruction. Secondly, she is just so nice you'd never suspect her, and thirdly she gets pregnant in the latest episode (perhaps in response to the Cylon belief that Boomer's baby died?)

Ok, second - Helo. This one I am not so sure about. But if you watch the first episode, he is at one point (around the 1 hour 1 minute mark) leaning against his ship as Boomer attempts to repair it. He is wrapping a tourniquet around his leg and he looks up and says something like "That Six?".

A little shaky I know, and I am not sure if I have heard what he said correctly. So please correct me if I am mistaken.

And the third, really, really shaky one is the guy at the start! The guy who is sitting in the space station at the very start and is the first human to see the Cylons return...

Why you may ask?

Well, a little later in (at about the 5 min 30 sec mark) we see Starbuck say "Make a hole!". At this point we see Aaron Doral (as yet unknown to be a Cylon obviously). The camera starts to follow him and he begins to walk backwards. After a short period and man walks into shot from the right (heading left) and the camera follows him left. We then see Commander Adama.

The man walking from right to left looks suspiciously like the man from the very start!

Though I can't be sure - what do you guys think?

Anyway, I just wanted to throw that into the debate.

Thanks!
    Ben

Revolos55

[172]Mar 21, 2006
    • level: 33
    Just a minor thing...we know that the Sharon model is a #8.

Im2Crazy4U

[173]Mar 21, 2006
    • level: 51
    Revolos55 wrote:
    Just a minor thing...we know that the Sharon model is a #8.

Check out post #144 in this thread:

Im2Crazy4U wrote:
    Sharron is 'Number 8'
    D'anna Biers is 'Number 3'
    Doral is 'Number 5'

tyladog

[174]Mar 22, 2006
    Hi everyone. New to this so bear with me. This is directly linked to why I think the infamous "12" are all human type models.
    12 Colonies. 13 Tribes. Obviously the 13th tribe are Earthlings (i.e. US) & therefore Earth is the 13th colony, but that apart - "Everything has happened before and will happen again."
    Are the 12 Human/Cylon models based on the 12 Lords of Kobol who founded the 12 colonies? ("We know more about your religion than you do.") It would explain why only 12 models were created and why they look like they do.
    Maybe Starbuck is so special because she is a descendant of the 13th Lord. A "true human" if you will.
    Perhaps the other humans (from the 12 colonies) are already descendants of Cylon/Human offspring & what has happened before IS happening again. Eventually they will re-unite,make peace,settle,the cylons will become revered as gods, truth become myth and the cycle will begin again.
    I know I rambled on and some of it should probably be in another thread but just wondered what other people thought.
    Edited on 03/22/2006 3:41pm

MattBoxer

[175]Mar 24, 2006
    • level: 9
    i think thats a pretty stong theory... gives a double meaning to "Caprica Six" as well.

trackstarbuck

[176]Mar 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    All I know is that the Adamas, The Ex-President, and Starbuck are DEFINATELY not cylons.

Not Cally, or the Chief either, but I hope Dee is a cylon. It makes total sence. The way she treated Billy, and then didn`t even grieve.....evil!

123home123

[177]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 55
    The newest revealed Cylon was, again, played by a special guest star, Dean Stockwell. Every discovered Cylon agent has been played by a guest star during the run of the series. The only times that a main character has been shown to be a Cylon was in the miniseries when we found out about Sharon and Number Six. That was the big shocker at the end of the miniseries and it further suggests that no additional main characters will be shown to be Cylons. I think Ronald Moore isn't interested in playing that kind of cat-and-mouse game with the audience. After the miniseries, we watched Galactica Sharon struggle with her hidden identity and secret urges/programming, but we knew the entire time that she was a Cylon.

D'Anna Biers was revealed to be a Cylon at the end of the episode in which she was introduced, as was Simon (the "doctor" at the Farm on Caprica). Brother Cavil appeared in one entire episode and part of another before he was shown to be a Cylon. The big surprise of a main character being a Cylon was already used during the miniseries and Moore is wisely choosing not to use that dramatic move again. Doral and Conoy were also shown to be Cylon agents in the miniseries as I recall.

Now that there are two complete seasons under his belt, I think it's even less likely that another primary crew member will turn out to be a Cylon. It would mean that all of that character's actions and motivations would have been false as portrayed on screen. That would be unfair to the viewers after all this time and I think Moore realizes that. He has never led us along and tricked us into believing a Cylon agent was a human for more than one and a half episodes at a time (if you count each two-hour segment of the miniseries as an episode). At this point, I would be deeply disappointed if he decided to make another primary character a Cylon after two full seasons, and I don't think he will do so.

MattBoxer

[178]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    i think there is some pretty stong evidance that Dee, Gaeta and Ellen Tigh are cylons.

frankly i would be more disapointed in the script if all 3 turned out to be human with no explination of the actions outlined in the first post under "Evidence For"

sloppy69er

[179]Mar 28, 2006
    the gun sharon kills adamus with is not her standard side arm

looking closely at the last episode of the first series you will see that when she meets her clones she is carrying a drawn pilots military style pistol which appears to have 2 barrels not one and has a distinct rectangular style sighting arrangement on the top of the pistol.

The pistol she uses to shoot adamus is more traditional looking with a single barrel no rectangular top site.
    This weapon is more similar to the civilian style side arm used by the presidents men to defend her.

sloppy69er

[180]Mar 28, 2006
    the gun sharon kills adamus with is not her standard side arm

looking closely at the last episode of the first series you will see that when she meets her clones she is carrying a drawn pilots military style pistol which appears to have 2 barrels not one and has a distinct rectangular style sighting arrangement on the top of the pistol.

The pistol she uses to shoot adamus is more traditional looking with a single barrel no rectangular top site.
    This weapon is more similar to the civilian style side arm used by the presidents men to defend her.