Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Cylon Register (spoilers)

  • Avatar of sloppy69er

    sloppy69er

    [181]Mar 29, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3
    Lt Gaeta must be a cylon not only did he hand a civlian style pistol to sharon but his position as baltars assistant is the perfect cover to endorse any thing he would say
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brighette

    brighette

    [182]Mar 29, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,247
    I have always felt Billy was a cylon, though I don't remember my reasons from season 1.

    But, he was a very high ranking official who influenced the President's decisions. He was after Dee, who works on the bridge giving him more access to info (I don't think Dee is a cylon).

    As for Baltar, I don't think he's a cylon. If he was, why would #6 need to use him to get the information needed to destroy Caprica? He could have just done it himself.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bpierce77

    bpierce77

    [183]Mar 29, 2006
    • member since: 03/30/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 26
    Gaeta is suspicious throughout the first two seasons, especially at the end of the first season when he obviously hands something to Boomer, whether it triggered her Cylon personality or the actual weapon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bpierce77

    bpierce77

    [184]Mar 29, 2006
    • member since: 03/30/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 26
    Gaeta obviously hands her something before she shoots Adama, its probably another weapon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of IamAmunRe

    IamAmunRe

    [185]Apr 1, 2006
    • member since: 03/14/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 44
    hcoimbra wrote:
    Good idea for the Cylon Register.

    As for the suspects...I really dont think Gaeta or Dualla are cylons. They seem pretty loyal. Although there could be twists of course...I think most of the cylons to be unconvered will be characters "introduced" to as part of the crew just for the purpose of being cylons. Like a random sergeant somewhere. But there probably will be at least one of the major characters that turns out to be one.

    As for Ellen...didn't they confirm she wasnt a Cylon? Although Baltar could have lied bout the test I guess.


    IIRC, the creators of the show said that there wasn't a Cylon based on any actual person. This is why it is impossible for Admiral Adama to be a Cylon. It is more than likely Lee that is the Cylon. Therefore, Tigh's wife cannot be a cylon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brighette

    brighette

    [186]Apr 1, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,247
    IamAmunRe wrote:

    IIRC, the creators of the show said that there wasn't a Cylon based on any actual person. This is why it is impossible for Admiral Adama to be a Cylon. It is more than likely Lee that is the Cylon. Therefore, Tigh's wife cannot be a cylon.


    Well, but Adama knows his son was born and grew up. The Cylons are "born" in their adult form, so Lee can't be a Cylon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sven-jolly

    sven-jolly

    [187]Apr 5, 2006
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 171
    brighette wrote:
    The Cylons are "born" in their adult form, so Lee can't be a Cylon.

    Are you certain of that? Has that been stated somewhere?(references please). I was coming to the impression that the bodies aged, thats why the higher numbers are newer/younger.

    However, I don't personally think (currently) any of the Adamas are cylons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brighette

    brighette

    [188]Apr 6, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,247
    sven-jolly wrote:
    brighette wrote:
    The Cylons are "born" in their adult form, so Lee can't be a Cylon.

    Are you certain of that? Has that been stated somewhere?(references please). I was coming to the impression that the bodies aged, thats why the higher numbers are newer/younger.

    However, I don't personally think (currently) any of the Adamas are cylons.


    In Season 2, episode 18 - "Downloaded" - we see both #6 and #8 (Sharon) get "reborn" in their adult form.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tico426

    tico426

    [189]Apr 10, 2006
    • member since: 02/20/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 59
    The way the show is going, we could have anyone up as a cylon, also not forgetting the introduction of new characters in future episodes. In this we get a series that can go on for another few seasons, though I feel searching for Cylon infiltrators will not be the only matter on the agenda for the fleet.
    The suspect list is nice. I for one have to agree with the inclusion of Gaius as a suspect. He has survived an explosive wave and appeared in time to jump on a ship off Caprica. Adding to the fact I swear in the original BSG, Baltar in that one was also a robot of some kind (please someone help with this one). We have also seen 6 talking to Gaius in her head which confirms that there is more than a supposed chip in Gaius' brain and maybe more to do with the fact that cylons could be experimenting on them. In what capacity, beats me.
    As for other suspects, Im watching the show again and if I notice any dodgy behaviour I will report it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brighette

    brighette

    [190]Apr 10, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,247
    tico426 wrote:
    The way the show is going, we could have anyone up as a cylon, also not forgetting the introduction of new characters in future episodes. In this we get a series that can go on for another few seasons, though I feel searching for Cylon infiltrators will not be the only matter on the agenda for the fleet.
    The suspect list is nice. I for one have to agree with the inclusion of Gaius as a suspect. He has survived an explosive wave and appeared in time to jump on a ship off Caprica. Adding to the fact I swear in the original BSG, Baltar in that one was also a robot of some kind (please someone help with this one). We have also seen 6 talking to Gaius in her head which confirms that there is more than a supposed chip in Gaius' brain and maybe more to do with the fact that cylons could be experimenting on them. In what capacity, beats me.
    As for other suspects, Im watching the show again and if I notice any dodgy behaviour I will report it.


    Baltar was human in the original series - he convinced the Colonies that the Cylons wanted to sign a peace treaty, and this tricked the humans into lowering their guard, allowing the Cylons to be victorious in a deadly sneak attack. In exchange, he was given a position of power with the Cylons - I forget the specifics of that part, though. Been a couple years since I rewatched the originals.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [191]Apr 11, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    I wouldn't form any opinions about characters based on the old show. Ronald Moore doesn't consider himself bound by any character traits presented on the original series.

    Moore wrote a BSG "Bible" when he first began work on the miniseries. It still provides the outline for the stories and characters on the new show. If you could take a peek at that, you find some real spoilers. Moore's book doesn't contain all of the new storylines though, just the major background elements.

    He has provided the general story arcs for the upcoming season but no word on who is a Cylon, if there are any new Cylon models revealed at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of strfkn

    strfkn

    [192]Apr 11, 2006
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 19
    Has any one thought that the cylons want earth found .Earth would be a job unfinished ,the human race undestroyed.Adama then becomes not a thorn in the side of cyclon plans but a lynch pin in its ultimate goal (just playing devils advocate).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cakuchar

    cakuchar

    [193]Apr 12, 2006
    • member since: 06/27/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 1
    Billy may be a cylon. Does no one remember how he made Roslyn doubt her decision to leave the sub light ships behind in the miniseries?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [194]Apr 13, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    cakuchar wrote:
    Billy may be a cylon. Does no one remember how he made Roslyn doubt her decision to leave the sub light ships behind in the miniseries?


    That was all about saving all the people and not a Cylon thing.

    Billy is not a Cylon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of brighette

    brighette

    [195]Apr 13, 2006
    • member since: 03/25/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,247
    Im2Crazy4U wrote:
    cakuchar wrote:
    Billy may be a cylon. Does no one remember how he made Roslyn doubt her decision to leave the sub light ships behind in the miniseries?


    That was all about saving all the people and not a Cylon thing.

    Billy is not a Cylon.


    I've always suspected Billy. Now he's dead, but if he came back, I wouldn't be shocked.

    He was Roslyn's aide - major point of power. He was trying to be with Dee, who's high up in the military chain. That gave him contacts in the two main factions - military and government. It's reason enough to think about it, IMO
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [196]Apr 13, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    brighette wrote:
    He was Roslyn's aide - major point of power.


    When this all started he was just the secretary (sp?) to the Minister of Education. This was a nothing job. There's no way they could have known that he wouldn't have died.

    He wasn't/isn't a Cylon.

    brighette wrote:
    He was trying to be with Dee, who's high up in the military chain.


    She's hot and he was horney. He went for a woman he couldn't handle and no man would blame him for trying.

    He wasn't/isn't a Cylon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mayiya

    Mayiya

    [197]Apr 27, 2006
    • member since: 04/27/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 12
    People, people, people!
    I cannot believe that I am the first one to mention this!I have read every single post in this thread and there is no mention of the episode where Baltar clearly says that there is a Cylon in this group: the 2 Adamas, the President, and the 2 Tighs.
    Come on people!In that episode when Adama Sr. brings Ellen for the first time and there is all that "test her blood, no, his, no hers" thing. Don't you remember that at the end they aggreed that Gaius should test all them?And in the last scene The 2 Adamas, Laura, Ellen and Tigh were in the doctor's lab, he announces that no one there is a Cylon and they laugh and joke, and Baltar says to Six something like "If they only knew that one of them is a Cylon!". She asks "Which one?" and he says "I'll never tell.".

    Ok. Next.
    I really think Dualla could be a Cyclon. The fact that they(also Gaeta) talk about their past and show emotions(or not) doesn't mean anything! Why should Boomer have been the only sleeper agent?

    And talking about sleeper agents, what's all that thing with Lee and his odd behaviour? You talk about the Chief and his dreams and beating up Cally, but to me Lee's behaviour is far more strange and suspicious. I will look again to make sure, but in the scene where he gets hit by Starbuck's fire during the hostage taking I really think that it is odd that he, a trained military, could jump like that into the fire. There was no forest there! He could see very well where his people were and in what direction they were fireing. No, no, that's really strange.Or just a bad shot scene. In the same way the thing with Boomer's gun not looking the same (and therefore evidence that Gaeta gave it to her) could be just a fluke of the film people.

    That's it for now.
    Over and out.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mayiya

    Mayiya

    [198]Apr 27, 2006
    • member since: 04/27/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 12
    I so cannot believe it that I'm starting to doubt it. I'll watch the episode again tonight to make sure;if I was wrong, don't shoot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Im2Crazy4U

    Im2Crazy4U

    [199]Apr 27, 2006
    • member since: 05/12/04
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 4,262
    I do remember that scene. I do not remember Baltar saying that one of them was a Cylon or that they were the only ones in the room. If I remember, I'll pull out the DVDs and watch that one again.

    If true though, I would suspect it was Ellen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 123home123

    123home123

    [200]Apr 27, 2006
    • member since: 05/24/02
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 11,760
    Mayiya wrote:
    I so cannot believe it that I'm starting to doubt it. I'll watch the episode again tonight to make sure;if I was wrong, don't shoot.

    Now that you mention it, I do remember that scene. You described it accurately, but I'm not sure that Baltar was necessarily referring to someone in the room. And remember, as we saw in "Downloaded" (spoiler below),

    the Six that Baltar sees has been shown to be a figment of his imagination so her comments should be discounted. Baltar could also have been playing around with Six.

    In other developments, Sci Fi has announced the development of the prequel series "Caprica," which follows the story of the Adama family before the Great Cylon Attack, at the time the Cylons were just being created. This verifies that the Adama family actually existed before the Cylons were created so this would seem to rule out Adama being a Cylon once and for all. Since he's not a Cylon, it's unlikely Lee is one either, since Admiral Adama saw Lee grow up from childhood. Ronald D. Moore, who wrote the official BSG "bible" used for the BSG series, is also a co-executive producer of "Caprica," so it's safe to assume that any major plot points in "Caprica" apply to the BSG world.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.