Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The End

sjl237

[1]Dec 24, 2009
    • level: 1

Here is my theory about Starbuck. I think she died. God brought her back to life and transported her to and from the first Earth. When her mission/destiny was done she returned to wherevevr it is dead people go, across the river or whatever. What do you think? I would say the gods did it but they pretty much showed that there was really just one God. Plus why did they never specifically state that Vipers don't have FTL drives? I never saw one do a jump and they always had to return to Galactica before it jumped.

Why didn't they just use Hera's blood to save Roselyn the second time around? That seemed like abig glaring thing to look over.

Plus I hear some people think Kara was an angel but there's nothing to support that really.

Was anyone else a little disappointed that the show ended on such a somber note.Roselyn dead, Kara dead most likely, Adama on his own, Tyrol on his own, even Gaius and Caprica 6 went off on their own. After everything they'd been through they deserved some happiness.

I think they should have kept their technology. I think they gave up too much. They could have made a fresh start and kept their advances.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gianrico

[2]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 5
    if the galactca is the ship taking the remaining of the human kind to the promised land than Kara could be Jesus. So there is nothing strange in her coming back after she died and again nothing strange in her leaving once the job is done. It is exactly as the bible states.
    On another level is the itinerary of faith from several gods to one single god as humankind really did in the history.

aidorrocks

[3]May 29, 2010
    • level: 10
    sjl237 wrote:

Here is my theory about Starbuck. I think she died. God brought her back to life and transported her to and from the first Earth. When her mission/destiny was done she returned to wherevevr it is dead people go, across the river or whatever. What do you think? I would say the gods did it but they pretty much showed that there was really just one God. Plus why did they never specifically state that Vipers don't have FTL drives? I never saw one do a jump and they always had to return to Galactica before it jumped.

Why didn't they just use Hera's blood to save Roselyn the second time around? That seemed like abig glaring thing to look over.

Plus I hear some people think Kara was an angel but there's nothing to support that really.

Was anyone else a little disappointed that the show ended on such a somber note.Roselyn dead, Kara dead most likely, Adama on his own, Tyrol on his own, even Gaius and Caprica 6 went off on their own. After everything they'd been through they deserved some happiness.

I think they should have kept their technology. I think they gave up too much. They could have made a fresh start and kept their advances.

some points that i can answer:

1. i think you're right about starbuck dying & being brought back to life. we did she her original dead body, so we know she died.

2. they did say that vipers don't have ftl drives, but not why. maybe they were too small to carry them or something.

3. kara has been told multiple times by hybrids that she was an angel, harbinger of death & would lead humans to their end.

4. roslin should've died before she got to the planet, that was my only gripe. kara i would say, not so much dead but ascended directly (much like the jesus reference. you know died, risen & ascended into heaven)

5. i know what you mean about adama & tyrol. but at the same time they'd been through so much that they just wanted to basically chill out in peace & reflect on their lives.

6. as for the technology, they wanted a completely new start. they figured the tech they'd built caused the problem & it was time to start over completely.

i understand a load of people weren't happy, personally i loved everything about the whole show (except for the large gaps waiting for it to return)

i'm in the opposite position for lost. i hated the finale & it ruined the experience for me. during the final season i had my doubts, but i held off till the end before making a judgment. but unfortunately the writers really disappointed me. so i can understand that people weren't happy with bsg's finale. mostly it seems because it was a "god did it" kind of answer. but my point there is, we've been told that from the start. it is all part of god's plan.