Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

The Oath - Head Count Bet - SPOILER

MrBovineOrdure

[1]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 6

The human population took a real beating in this episode. It started out with 39,643 people

What will the head count be next episode?

I heard LOTS of gun-fire. I'd say at least 150 died so my bet is 39,497

Person with the closest guess gets 150 atta-boys!

Mr BO

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

trip31

[2]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 12

Then you have to think who will be put up against the bulkhead? I'd have to go with Gaeta & Zarek, Shark (and maybe Racetrack), Narcho, Selix, Gage (preferrably dragged in by the balls), just about every marine....

Edited on 01/31/2009 2:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

scififan12921

[3]Jan 31, 2009

My guess is 247 bringing the new total to 39396.

As for the next episode's headcount as long as it has Zarek and Gaeta I'm good to go. I think Zarek is going to lose the quorum. They come across as a group that's not going to like the violent aspect of this mutiny. Just a hunch based on the looks they had when listening to Roslin's broadcast. After all, this is the quorum that put her back in charge after New Caprica and agreed to the alliance in the first place.

psychickiller

[4]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    My guess is around the 200 casaulties. Whatever the outcome is, the future looks grim for Galactica. It looks like just about every marine and pilot took part in the uprising, and those who didn't - well, lets hope they had the chance to fight back.

There were mentions of resistance pockets in several places, but I wonder how many of them will survive...
    Edited on 02/01/2009 8:35am

Daxx00004

[5]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

The human population took a real beating in this episode. It started out with 39,643 people

What will the head count be next episode?

I heard LOTS of gun-fire. I'd say at least 150 died so my bet is 39,497

Person with the closest guess gets 150 atta-boys!

Mr BO

I wouldn't be surprised if they have to use the cylon ship to blow galactica to smithereens or if they jump away with the fleet ships that want to go with the legal president and the cylons thereby cutting the remaining population in about half. I believe there is a good reason to have Baltar. Use his "believers" to bring along more vessels to their side.

martymcflyjb

[6]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 10

My guess for next week's opening headcount:

trip31

[7]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    Also Cottle will be grumpier than usual at the amount of people needing to be stitched up!

martymcflyjb

[8]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 10

So 40 were lost during "The Oath".

MrBovineOrdure

[9]Feb 7, 2009

A lot fewer than I expected. Looks like you're the winner martymcflyjb

atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy atta-boy

As the old line goes, 1000 atta-boys will make you a well known, respected leader of men!

One Aw-SH*T erases all atta-boys and you get to start all over again.

I'm guessing the head count will go down by another 20 next week.

Mr BO