Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Tyrol on Trial for Treason! (spoilers from "Someone to Watch Over Me")

Should Tyrol be convicted of treason for freeing Boomer?

BHSWorkstation

[1]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 4

For me it's a tough call. Chief obviously was wrong but they are all under a great deal of mental and physical stress. I definitely think he's guilty and needs to be punished. The situation is dire and mistakes like that can't be tolerated. And let's face it, he basically put the final nail in Galactica's coffin. Maybe if they put him in a room with Starbuck for a month and if he can go the whole time without her killing him, he deserves to live.

Edited on 03/02/2009 10:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scififan12921

[2]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 6
    BHSWorkstation wrote:

For me it's a tough call. Chief obviously was wrong but they are all under a great deal of mental and physical stress. I definitely think he's guilty and needs to be punished. The situation is dire and mistakes like that can't be tolerated. And let's face it, he basically put the final nail in Galactica's coffin. Maybe if they put him in a room with Starbuck for a month and if he can go the whole time without her killing him, he deserves to live.

I don't know if he will make it to a trial my bet is on suicide. If not that it wouldn't surprise me if Helo killed him.

Hungry_Homer111

[3]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 26
    scififan12921 wrote:
    I don't know if he will make it to a trial my bet is on suicide. If not that it wouldn't surprise me if Helo killed him.

Yeah, I definitely agree that those are two of the more likely possibilities. I also thought of Athena killing him, but I think she'll be more angry with Boomer herself, and leave it to Helo (if anyone) to kill him.

MichaudMR

[4]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 17
    It would be kind of Cliche, but he might go out in a blaze of heroic glory trying to redeem himself. Or the circumstances could be just way too chaotic for anyone to investigate what really happened. He might also nip off the the basestar but that would not be in keeping with his character. Either way I hope they don't spend too much air time on the issue.

MrBovineOrdure

[5]Mar 3, 2009

or Tyrol will kill himself only to find himself resurrected in the original lab...

Mr BO

Hoeech

[6]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 66
    Tyrol was given a pass in the past when he broke regs to help Boomer in season 1, but I don't see anyone cutting him any slack this time. Especially since his action threatened the life of a little girl AND because he had been warned by Roslin that Boomer was a manipulative b-witch.

scififan12921

[7]Mar 3, 2009
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

or Tyrol will kill himself only to find himself resurrected in the original lab...

Mr BO

that would be interesting