Now that BSG is over, many fans (including myself) have the feeling that too many questions remained unanswered.
I therefore thought it would be interesting to open a topic and make a kind of 'inventory' of all the plot points that were left open, as a sort of 'closure'.
I will use this post to make a list of all the questions and issues that will be posted by editing.
1. If you want to add a question or address issues in the plot, please type them at the beginning of your post.
2. This is not a debate about the quality of the show or the ending, if you feel like discussing these topics, there are plenty of threads elsewhere.
3. Questions can be given about any part of the show and is not limited to issues that were addressed in the finale.
Unanswered Questions list:
- The hybrid from Razor speaks about her being the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of death and that she should not be followed, because she would lead the human race to their end. Yet humanity lives on, and little human blood has been spilled on her account. So how is she the herald of the apocalypse.
- How did she come back from the dead?
- How did she get the brand new Viper with programmed coordinates to Earth?
- What was the significance of her death and subsequent 'resurrection'? Why was it necessary?
- If god wanted her to lead the human race to Earth, why bother leading them to the 13th colony first?
- How do the notes relate to the coordinates?
- How come she suddenly disappears? If she was an angel, why didn't she know about it?
- Why wasn't Lee going nuts when she suddenly vanished? Did he always realise she was not actually there to begin with?
- Why did Adama risk everything for one girl, without actually understanding her significance.
- What is her purpose? Cylons can't procreate, but humans can. How is this link beneficiary for humanity? If humans are caught in some sort of cycle where they keep rising to a level of technology and then build something that will try to destroy them, and this is seen as the 'problem' with humans only procreating amongst themselves, then how did Hera change this cycle? As we see at the end, the pattern repeats itself.
- How did Hera know the notes given to Kara Thrace?
- What is the truth behind the opera house?
- Why were the visions beneficiary to her or 'god's plan'? Her assistance was not required. It was merely a glimpse of her walking down a hallway chasing Hera without any result.
- When Caprica blew up how did Baltar survive?
- Why was head Six emotional when she saw Gina in the Pegasus brig? This implies she is more related to the model 6 cylon than just in her way of presentation.
- If head Six is somehow related to the model six cylon, how does this tie in with the creation of the 8 humanoid cylon models?
- Is Kara Thrace one of the 'angels'? If so, why doesn't she seem to know?
- If the angels were capable of delivering coordinates and what not, why didn't they simply give them to Gaius (or Starbuck) at the very beginning of the series and avoid much of the hassle they encountered along the way? What was the catalyst to them being given the coordinates?
- The talents of Tyrol and Ellen were clearly defined as beneficial in the creation of the humanoid cylon models. Tigh and Tory didn't seem to have added anything significant to this, but as they were the lovers of the other 2 their inclusion into the final five can still be explained, but why was Anders part of the Five?
- If Ellen and Tyrol were such geniuses as to be able to create a new lifeform from scratch, then why didn't this aspect of their character play up while they thought they were humans? Ellen seems to be awefully okay with not having anything to do with actual work, yet she is supposedly the genius that held the key into the creation of the first human cylons. So why didn't this part of her surface before?
- How come they could give the cylons back their resurrection technology when only 2 of the five members (Anders and Ellen) seem to remember who they were before there memories were erased?
- The Final Five said there were messengers who told them to create the resurrection ships, but why didnt they warn any others?
The Thirteenth Tribe/Colony:
- Was it impossible to stop the attack on the thirteenth colony?
- What happened to the machines that whiped out the thirteenth tribe on Earth?
- Why did the Cylons on Kobol leave for earth and not just settle with the other 12 colonies?
- What happened to Shelly Godfrey?
Edited 4 total times.