Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

What's the deal with Baltar and the six "in his head"?

sheli20

[1]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 8

It seems she is more than just a figment of his imagination since she seems to know facts about other people that Baltar didn't know about,

and even seems to know about stuff that would happen in the future (for example about the hybrid baby of Helo and Athena)

Is she an angel sent by god as she claimed? or is she a chip in his head being transmitted with information?

what the frac is that all about?

Edited on 06/05/2008 11:04am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tripping82

[2]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    dunno.

tribalchic

[3]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 17
    no one knows exactly, but she's real enough to cause him physical pain when she beats him up from time to time.

MrBovineOrdure

[4]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 6

She also can lift him up and cause his cloths to pinch up as if he's being held.

My thoughts are that these head-cases are a form of communication. Something some olf god on Kobol created to make life easier (Though Baltar would disagree.) Cylons have projection. Baltar and the six have each other in their head. Rosalyn has her visions, Kara has her visions, Saul has his delusions, Terrel has his. I think if your a Cylon or mixed blood or sex with these critters, you become part of their "Internet"

Mr Bo

123home123

[5]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 55
    There's something different about Head Six and Head Baltar. They seem to have been formed during the explosion on Caprica but that's just an educated guess. Baltar had an X-ray taken in Season 1 (or was it Season 2?) that showed there's no chip in his head. The chip wouldn't explain why Caprica Six sees Head Baltar.

We learned this season that Head Six is real and that she has a definite physical effect on Baltar when she picked him up while the Marine was beating him up. Head Six has also revealed technical information that Baltar had no way of knowing. (In "The Hand of God" from Season 1, Head Six told Baltar where Lee needed to strike with his Viper in order to destroy the Cylon mining facility. The information was correct.)

tribalchic

[6]Jun 5, 2008

I forgot about head Baltar and his rockin pinstripe suit.....lol!

but yeah, the fact that Caprica 6 (and Baltar himself) can see him just like he can see her suggests there is a much bigger importance to these manifestations then just the comedy aspect of watching somone be led around by their imaginary friend.

Edited on 06/05/2008 8:16pm

sheli20

[7]Jun 5, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

She also can lift him up and cause his cloths to pinch up as if he's being held.

My thoughts are that these head-cases are a form of communication. Something some olf god on Kobol created to make life easier (Though Baltar would disagree.) Cylons have projection. Baltar and the six have each other in their head. Rosalyn has her visions, Kara has her visions, Saul has his delusions, Terrel has his. I think if your a Cylon or mixed blood or sex with these critters, you become part of their "Internet"

Mr Bo

In that case Helo would have it too. And as far as I remmeber he doesn't

Edited on 06/05/2008 10:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MrBovineOrdure

[8]Jun 6, 2008

You're right. Perhaps the explosion then. Baltar was cut up pretty bad. Could have been contaminated with Six's blood then.

But as Home says, she's a physical manifistation. Something else might be afoot there.

As for Baltar showing where Lee could bomb that Cylon mining colony.... I thought that was a WAG. An inspired one but since Six never told him the actual location, a WAG nonetheless.

Mr Bo

Vod_Katonic

[9]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    Well didn't Caprica 6 also have the same kind of visions of Baltar in a few episodes? I just kinda chalked it up as one of the vision type things everyone else had that aren't really explained and probably won't be in detail. Some kind of telepathic link would be my guess.

hazelnut144

[10]Jun 9, 2008
    As to Head Six picking him up earlier this season, according to RDM's podcast, it WASN'T supposed to look so much like he was being puppeted. The people would have just seen Baltar getting up on his own while arguing with thin air. It would NOT look like someone was dragging him up. Which means that Six cannot necessarily physically affect him in the real world.

BaouShotaruga

[11]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 5
    hazelnut144 wrote:
    As to Head Six picking him up earlier this season, according to RDM's podcast, it WASN'T supposed to look so much like he was being puppeted. The people would have just seen Baltar getting up on his own while arguing with thin air. It would NOT look like someone was dragging him up. Which means that Six cannot necessarily physically affect him in the real world.

Yeah, it's important to remember that schizophrenics who "see other people" are often "affected" by them - in reality, they're doing it to themselves.

When we see Head Six hit Baltar and make him bleed, in reality he's hitting himself, but is not consciously aware of it. When she picks him up off the ground, he's actually standing up under his own motor control, just again, he's not consciously aware that he's doing it. When she throws him, he's really throwing himself, etc.

tribalchic

[12]Jun 9, 2008

Vod_Katonic wrote:
    Well didn't Caprica 6 also have the same kind of visions of Baltar in a few episodes? I just kinda chalked it up as one of the vision type things everyone else had that aren't really explained and probably won't be in detail. Some kind of telepathic link would be my guess.

thats what we were referring to as "head Baltar" though it's yet to be determined if the one Caprica saw was the same one who appeared to Baltar himself, Im thinking it is because he did point out that there was somthing special about torrie (he wanted him to focus on her much like he guided caprica6 with boomer)in the middle of all the self flattery

MrBovineOrdure

[13]Jun 9, 2008

I was just confused by the way Baltar's suit was cinched up around his armpits. If this is a schizophrenic response, it's a pretty good one. I'll accept RDM saying it doesn't prove a physicality, but boy did they shoot that scene like it was.

Mr BO

tribalchic

[14]Jun 9, 2008
    MrBovineOrdure wrote:

I was just confused by the way Baltar's suit was cinched up around his armpits. If this is a schizophrenic response, it's a pretty good one. I'll accept RDM saying it doesn't prove a physicality, but boy did they shoot that scene like it was.

Mr BO

I agree.

hazelnut144

[15]Jun 9, 2008
    Apparently the scene wasn't really supposed to be shot like that. RDM didn't see it until it was too late to change it. It was supposed to be that the watchers would see Baltar standing up under his own power, if reluctantly.

Zach959

[16]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 2
    I don't know what the deal with Balter and Six is. It seems like she has abandoned him.

MichaudMR

[17]Jun 11, 2008

Zach959 wrote:
    I don't know what the deal with Baltar and Six is. It seems like she has abandoned him.

That brings up a good point, I don't think we've ever seen "Head Six" when Baltar has been on a basestar amongst the Cylons. It is possible the producers did it this way to avoid confusing the audience as to whether he's talking to a real Six or having a conversation within his twisted mind. Either that or why talk to a projection when an "in the flesh" Six is right at hand?

123home123

[18]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 55
    We saw Head Six when D'Anna was torturing Baltar with that ear probe back in Season 3. She tried to help him through the pain by making love to him in his dream world.
    Edited on 06/11/2008 10:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

aidorrocks

[19]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 10

i think its the seraphs manipulating events through baltar & six. the seraphs are the race of beings on the ship of light in the original bsg.

i think thats their name anyway.