Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

When does BSG begin?

pekkasteele

[1]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 7

Was just going to start with season 1 ep 1, but it started with "previuslly on BSG" So, what did I miss? Is there a movie before or that "miniseries"? I read the guide someone here wrote, but it was so long, I didn't really understand how it all fits together.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Doom442

[2]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 4
    You need to watch the mini series before the tv series. It starts there and sets up the world and the story and you would be totally lost without it.

pekkasteele

[3]Oct 27, 2008
    Ok, so that is first, but what should i look for? The things i find in online stores here in Sweden is BASg season 1-3 and one "complete series) from -78 and a movie I think, that has the name Razor, or is THAT the "miniseries"?

Doom442

[4]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 4

Razor is tricky. It takes place between episodes 17 and 18 of season 2, but because of numerous hints and revelations brought up during it, most fan's say its better seen after season 3 as it makes sense then.

Most season 1 boxsets contain the mini series and some dont. Im really not sure what its like over in sweden though. Im probably not the best person to be answering about the context of swedish dvd's to be honest.

pekkasteele

[5]Oct 28, 2008
    Oh, ok, but that helped, then I need to look at the content and see i it isn in the box. tnx.

123home123

[6]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 55
    The UK version of Season 1 doesn't include the Miniseries. The "Best Buy Special Edition" of Season 1 sold in the U.S. didn't have the Miniseries either. The current U.S. version of Season 1 DOES include the Miniseries.

If you're in Europe, you might have only the UK version as an option. If so, you'll have to rent or buy the Miniseries DVD separately.

AndreasOS

[7]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    THe miniseries can be bought on the German amazon site for about 6 Euros. It can also be found on the French Amazon, strangely, for a higher price. Not really sure why, as they seem to be the same DVD...

CaptainHarkness

[8]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 23
    I'm watching the mini series right now, then I'm moving on to the regular series. I also own Razor and I was so lost. Maybe it will make more semse after I see more of the show.

123home123

[9]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 55
    Yeah, you definitely need to see the earlier episodes for "Razor" to make complete sense. Even though it's supposed to take place in the timeline of the latter part of Season 2, there are also some references to events in Season 3 so I would still watch everything up through Season 3 before watching "Razor".