Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Who is God then? [spoiler]

Seraph1988

[1]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 1

OK then, now thats its all over who is the grand manipulator?

The Angel-baltar says 'he doesnt like to be called that name', to whom do you think he is referring??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stgA

[2]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    your mom

Bionetic

[3]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    I don't think they were angels, I think they were really there on earth 150,000 years in the future. I think future Gaius and Six were the manipulators. Maybe they create some type of technology that can send messages to the past.

dragon22a

[4]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 32

Maybe the "god' they are talking about is the devil. They both dress in red which is symbolic of the devil.

But by the way they two act it seems like The Six is an agent of God and the Baltar is an agent of the Devil. These two entities may act as a form of balance and order. Notice that when the mental Baltar appeared to Caprica he was almost trying to lead her astray. But Six was leading Gaius to the righteous path, encourage him. Maybe this was a sort of game or wager between these two entities two see if humanity would survive and to which way gods plan is going to sway. The Six was betting on survival and peace while the Baltar was betting that humanity and the cylons would wipe each other out. In the end six won.

But now in the present on earth they see that once again technology is getting out of control and it is time for another round. It is also possible that Six was betting on the end of humanity before as in the end she bets that now history would not repeat its self when Baltar asks if it has to happen today and Baltar says that she has had a change of heart and is being optimistic for the first time.

Edited on 03/21/2009 8:30am

MetaLuna

[5]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 5

I think the point Baltar was making at the end was just that God wasn't a specific "he" or "she" being.

Though my husband is convinced he was making a joke about his penis.