come to mind are:

Baltar
    Helo
    Anders
    Apollo
    Starbuck
    Adama

Anyone else?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doofman2

[2]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 16
    I don't know if there are any of those characters that we can say FOR SURE are not Cylons (although some of the recent evidence makes it pretty unlikely that Baltar would be, given his "Harvey" relationship with Six. Also, given the way that Helo and Sharon's baby has been explained to this point, he almost has to be human for the plot to make any sense at all.) I think a better list would be "Which characters better not end up being Cylons, lest the show completely jump the shark."

For example, as much as I respect Ron D. Moore's creativity and storytelling ability, I can't see any reasonable way that Adama, Apollo, or Starbuck could be Cylons without totally ruining the show. Any other thoughts on this?
    Edited on 03/08/2006 10:21am

FrakkingFrakker

[3]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 28
    Roslin needs to be on a list of people who aren't. The whole cancer thing rules her out in my mind.

Note, there is a thread at the very end of the forums which is called the cylon register that could be helpful as it already has, in a way, a similar discussion.

osa420

[4]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 7
    I don't see how Baltar could be a Cylon simply because it would be pointless to have a Cylon be the biggest betrayer of humanity. His betrayal is what makes him such a unique character. Well, I suppose his "harvey" thing with 6 doesn't hurt.

minimax34

[5]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 58
    the doctor, the chief, and the lieutenant than i've forgot the name.. he work on the galactica bridge!!

sven-jolly

[6]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    Monster Parts

minimax34 wrote:
    the lieutenant than i've forgot the name.. he work on the galactica bridge!!

Lt. Gaeta? I could think of some arguements for him BEING one. Earliest coming to mind, he linked the computers together allowing the virus in, and most recently, his 'conscience' dictated that he uncover the voting rigging, which made the President, good for the cylons. Nothing sticks in my mind that is very strong that he couldnt be. He does portray strong loyalty and morals, but Ms Valerri was also very loyal. Gaeta now appears to be Baltar's aide, or maybe in high office himself (I didn't catch any description), so he'd be in position if he was and undercover agent.

But my list of NOTs include (99.9% sure unless noted otherwise):

Adm. Adama (Husker)
    Cmr. Adama (Appolo)
    Col. Tigh
    Starbuck
    Roslin
    Doc Cottle
    Petty Officer (Lt.) "D" Dualla
    Chief (Union leader) Tyrol
    Cally
    Zarek
    Helo (95%)
    Kat (95%)
    Anders (90%)
    Baltar (90%)
    Gaeta (75%)
    Boomer (0%)

minimax34

[7]Mar 13, 2006
    • level: 58
    sven-jolly wrote:
    Monster Parts

minimax34 wrote:

Lt. Gaeta? I could think of some arguements for him BEING one. Earliest coming to mind, he linked the computers together allowing the virus in, and most recently, his 'conscience' dictated that he uncover the voting rigging, which made the President, good for the cylons. Nothing sticks in my mind that is very strong that he couldnt be. He does portray strong loyalty and morals, but Ms Valerri was also very loyal. Gaeta now appears to be Baltar's aide, or maybe in high office himself (I didn't catch any description), so he'd be in position if he was and undercover agent.

Adm. Adama (Husker)
    Cmr. Adama (Appolo)
    Col. Tigh
    Starbuck
    Roslin
    Doc Cottle
    Cally
    Zarek
    Helo (95%)
    Kat (95%)
    Anders (90%)
    Baltar (90%)
    Gaeta (75%)
    Boomer (0%)

yeah he linked the computers, but his firewall stop the virus, or a big part of it and i don't know, when you look at him he look like the guy you trust.

jkmatrix

[8]Mar 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    minimax34 wrote:
    sven-jolly wrote:
    Monster Parts

minimax34 wrote:

Adm. Adama (Husker)
    Cmr. Adama (Appolo)
    Col. Tigh
    Starbuck
    Roslin
    Doc Cottle
    Cally
    Zarek
    Helo (95%)
    Kat (95%)
    Anders (90%)
    Baltar (90%)
    Gaeta (75%)
    Boomer (0%)

yeah he linked the computers, but his firewall stop the virus, or a big part of it and i don't know, when you look at him he look like the guy you trust.

Conoy the cylon said adama is a cylon, his actions on season 2 finale made me think that he is, maybe he died when he got shot and they switched him. Conoy was predicting the future, just like he said they would find Kobol and the way to earth. So the present Adama might be a cylon.

JamesYucca

[9]Mar 14, 2006
    • level: 5
    jkmatrix wrote:
    Conoy the cylon said adama is a cylon, his actions on season 2 finale made me think that he is, maybe he died when he got shot and they switched him. Conoy was predicting the future, just like he said they would find Kobol and the way to earth. So the present Adama might be a cylon.

Cylons cannot have children easily, therefore none of the people on the show that have children can be cylons. This rules out:
    Adama (both Papa and Jr.)
    Kali
    The Chief

And the cylons don't switch people. There are 12 human models, they don't take people, replicate them, then replace them. And what actions are you referring to? He didn't do anything that I wouldn't have. Or, for that matter, that he didn't already do in the mini.

Teveran

[10]Mar 14, 2006
    • level: 1
    Well, if there is one thing about ths show Ive learned its you dont know what will happen next.

That is a lot of the fun for me is trying to guess and then finding out Im wrong.

I dont think I could truly count anyone out completely. A lot are not very likely, but the show has a way to shock you.

Tev

JamesYucca

[11]Mar 14, 2006
    Teveran wrote:
    Well, if there is one thing about ths show Ive learned its you dont know what will happen next.

That is a lot of the fun for me is trying to guess and then finding out Im wrong.

I dont think I could truly count anyone out completely. A lot are not very likely, but the show has a way to shock you.

Tev

I've noticed that a lot of people on this board are saying this (or things like this). But is it really true? Boomer was the first cylon to give birth, therefore we can logically conclude that anyone who has a child, or who we know their parents, is not a cylon. We can say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that neither Adama is a cylon, we can also say that Kali is not. It is a good assumption Tyrol is the father of Kali's baby, and that he thereofre is not a cylon either.

DocMartigan

[12]Mar 14, 2006
    Agreed.

You can easily count some folks out.

Chemmail

[13]Mar 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    It seems pretty sad that with thier current state of technology there is no way to detect cylons. I mean even with our current state it would probably be possible. With all the EMR scanners we have there must be something different. What they need to do is beam up dr House to run some tests and then redo them for a twist.

sven-jolly

[14]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    On the colonies, they probably did have the equipment to do that. You probably have the ability to cook a 5-course meal in your home, but constrict you to your car or a hotel room, and that ability is hindered quite a bit. They had plentiful water sources on the planet, and they have to ration it in early series.

Just because they had achieved a certain level of technical ability doesn't mean they have the practical implementation while on the ships.