Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Who's your favorite character? (poll)

Who's your favorite character?

StelingMB

[121]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 5
    You think he's losing it...? Honestly, I don't see it...care to point out your evidence for diagnosis?! (not arguing your point, I'm just not on the same page I guess...)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[122]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 55
    Tigh's indiscriminate killing through the suicide bombings is evidence of his partial breakdown. He is so bent on revenge that he doesn't even care if he takes out dozens of innocent human victims, including children. He wanted to bomb the marketplace even though most of the victims would be non-collaborating humans. That's a clear sign that he has lost his perspective.

StelingMB

[123]Oct 20, 2006
    Excellent point!

papp_star

[124]Oct 21, 2006
    im also bumping this thread becuase its just too good to lose.

parallax207

[125]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 15
    What about Lieutenant Gayda, Chief Tyrol, Baltar, or Billy.

Billy kicked ass.

trackstarbuck

[126]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 10
    papp_star wrote:

thank u. i couldn`t live w/out Favorite Starbuck or Naked Apollo

123home123

[127]Oct 22, 2006
    papp_star wrote:

Just post something in the thread. Don't "bump" it up.

papp_star

[128]Oct 22, 2006
    sorry, but we all know its too good to lose. i mean. come on. naked apollo. how many people DO want to lose it. ill tell you, none. well, the ones who want to lose it but we dont count them because they suck. ps. i want to come back as the towel from the scene in final cut.

123home123

[129]Oct 22, 2006
    The point is that you aren't supposed to bump threads for the sake of keeping them alive. You have to post an actual message.

papp_star

[130]Oct 22, 2006
    well thats good lol. our conversation is keeping this thread alive and im happier for it. are you? lol. (not being patronising, just trying to keep the thread alive)

123home123

[131]Oct 22, 2006
    You can post any on-topic messages you like. Just don't post "bump" for the sake of keeping a topic at the top of the page. It's a violation of the Terms of Service.

spaci

[132]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 29
    StelingMB wrote:
    You think he's losing it...? Honestly, I don't see it...care to point out your evidence for diagnosis?! (not arguing your point, I'm just not on the same page I guess...)
    Tigh's never been too good with inter-personal issues, always looking to make reality fit the theory, rather than the other way around. That's why he's always had such a prob with Starbuck, 'cause she won't fit into any of the roles he's built for her in his mind. This is a rather impractical and unhealthy method of dealing with the world. This season though, he's totally fixated on revenge and mayhem against the Cylons, and nothing else matters. Innocent civilians in the way of suicide bombers are nothing more than increased political leverage. Sacred areas which the Cylons are leaving alone can be weapons depots, without regard for the potential cost. Visible collaborators are automatically assumed to be traitors, even though he knows for a fact that at least one, whose identity he doesn't know, is actually funneling info back to the resistance. He's lost it, and what just happened with his wife is gonna make it even worse. The simple fact that he was able to do that to his wife, especially when he knew that the rescue was about to happen, and he could've just kept her locked up, proves (to me) that he's gone so far 'round the bend that he can't even see it in his rear-view mirror. I do hope Adama's found a nice set of rubber quarters for him. Just my two cents, of course. Can't fault his commitment, but his sanity's definitely been a casualty.

StelingMB

[133]Oct 23, 2006
    spaci wrote:
    StelingMB wrote:
    Tigh's never been too good with inter-personal issues, always looking to make reality fit the theory, rather than the other way around. That's why he's always had such a prob with Starbuck, 'cause she won't fit into any of the roles he's built for her in his mind. This is a rather impractical and unhealthy method of dealing with the world. This season though, he's totally fixated on revenge and mayhem against the Cylons, and nothing else matters. Innocent civilians in the way of suicide bombers are nothing more than increased political leverage. Sacred areas which the Cylons are leaving alone can be weapons depots, without regard for the potential cost. Visible collaborators are automatically assumed to be traitors, even though he knows for a fact that at least one, whose identity he doesn't know, is actually funneling info back to the resistance. He's lost it, and what just happened with his wife is gonna make it even worse. The simple fact that he was able to do that to his wife, especially when he knew that the rescue was about to happen, and he could've just kept her locked up, proves (to me) that he's gone so far 'round the bend that he can't even see it in his rear-view mirror. I do hope Adama's found a nice set of rubber quarters for him. Just my two cents, of course. Can't fault his commitment, but his sanity's definitely been a casualty.

I suppose on some level it's all classic alcoholic-type behaviour. People generally dn't hit the bottle cos their lives are happy and rosey, so I'm sure Tigh has been fighting demons in his life for quite some time...

As for the behavious we can expect from him for the rest of the season, well that's anybody's guess...

trackstarbuck

[134]Oct 24, 2006
    papp_star wrote:
    well thats good lol. our conversation is keeping this thread alive and im happier for it. are you? lol. (not being patronising, just trying to keep the thread alive)

GO NAKED APOLLO!

and next time maybe they`ll replace the towel wish say.... a dish rag?

papp_star

[135]Oct 26, 2006
    ahaha...i love it. a really old one thats been used heaps that has many holes in it and is faded and see through

trackstarbuck

[136]Oct 26, 2006
    papp_star wrote:
    ahaha...i love it. a really old one thats been used heaps that has many holes in it and is faded and see through

lol! wow. i`m gonna have to e-mail Ronald Moore!

Enigma0609

[137]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    Even though I wouldn't have voted for her, am I wrong to think that Six would have received more votes than Tigh? For me there is a three-way tie among Starbuck, Sharon, and Adama. They all have been through so much and add so much to the show! Not that everyone else doesn't, just that if any of these characters has no part in an episode, you really notice!

papp_star

[138]Nov 20, 2006
    your right, six is damn great. but i think that they have all come a helluva long way. our President Roslin has developed the become "Presidential." (remember that episode with billy way back lol). One minute shes nice, next, SHE IS THE LIZARD QUEEN! in that case id say that she has become so much more interesting. so in that respect shes my favourite. but say, starbuck (forever) she has also developed. its the character development which makes them all my favourites in their own respects. unless its apollo. who needs character development when you look like him? (not that thats his only good point, hes a good character too)
    Edited on 11/20/2006 9:53pm

trackstarbuck

[139]Nov 21, 2006
    STARBCUK IS VISTORIOUS! *victory screech* i told yall!

pauzhaan

[140]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 2
    Starbuck and Sharon.  But Apolo is my favorite to look at.