Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Will The Galactica survive?

jw2468

[1]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 7

For the past few episodes, we've been seeing the Galactica literally fall apart. So, I'm wondering if it will even make it to the finale and if it doesn't where will all of the thousands of people go if they abandon the ship?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hungry_Homer111

[2]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 26
    I'm guessing it will still be around for the finale episode, but I think that durring the finale confrontation with Cavil, something will happen and it will be destroyed.

Daxx00004

[3]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    jw2468 wrote:

For the past few episodes, we've been seeing the Galactica literally fall apart. So, I'm wondering if it will even make it to the finale and if it doesn't where will all of the thousands of people go if they abandon the ship?

I am sure there is room on the base ship for the people and supplies on Galactica. I wouldn't be surprised if they destroy or abandon the old girl before the end of the series. RDM is not exactly the Disney ending type. I can see it being destroyed in a battle, a fitting end. But I can also see the dramatic effect of abandoning it as the fleet jumps away leaving it to decay in space.

psychickiller

[4]Mar 3, 2009
    I sure hope it goes down in a huge final epic battle. But over the last episodes, it seems like one nuke can tear the ship apart :/

hoobydictator

[5]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 4
    I suppose that how long it lasts depends upon what and where the structural damage is. Not many areas have actually been shown. If a lot of it is stuff that's keeping the hull together, then it's risk of explosive decompression time and time to get the people off the ship. But that's not to say that the ship would be without use. If the ship is sound enough to keep jumping for a while, they could vent the atmosphere and crew the ship with Centurians. The ship is a presurised container in space; relieving that pressure could help and would free materials that could be used to patch it up from sources that could not be used if there was still a requirement to keep it airtight. It would probably be a bit objectionable to some, but the fleet could then continue to have more than one armed ship to defend it, at least for a while.

pumpkinhead2

[6]Mar 3, 2009
    I am guessing it will make it through to the final episode ... at which point it will probably meet a glorious end.

scififan12921

[7]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    I'm with the blaze of glory theory-Adama used Galactica as a weapon to destroy Cavil to save the fleet. Although after looking back the wounded cylon baseship took some time before it started to look whole again. It could be that Galactica is having the same issue since it is adjusting to the cylon tech.

seto1

[8]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 16
    I would like to see ADAMA and crew go out in a blaze of glory fighting with their last breath.

Idbeolderifiwas

[9]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 20
    Maybe the Galactica is the Dying leader that we've heard so much about?

tguedry82

[10]Mar 4, 2009

scififan12921 wrote:
    I'm with the blaze of glory theory-Adama used Galactica as a weapon to destroy Cavil to save the fleet. Although after looking back the wounded cylon baseship took some time before it started to look whole again. It could be that Galactica is having the same issue since it is adjusting to the cylon tech.

That's exactly what I am hoping for! I want them to ram Galactica right up Cavil's patootie! That of course means someone would have go down with the ship, and I can see Adama doing it, being that Roselin probably won't make it either, so he'll stay behind with her (dead or alive) and take out the enemy Cylons. I think that would be a huge and totally glorious move. Then Lee and Kara can take over switching the roles, having Lee be the pres and Kara taking over for Adama!

enoyhs

[11]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 5

Afterlast episode I understand that Adama will most likely give ship to Helo and Athena to go to mission, which will most likely end in destruction of Galactica taking with her Cavil.

That will most likely be one of best episodes...

hoobydictator

[12]Mar 7, 2009
    enoyhs wrote:

Afterlast episode I understand that Adama will most likely give ship to Helo and Athena to go to mission, which will most likely end in destruction of Galactica taking with her Cavil.

That will most likely be one of best episodes...

They are going after Hera, but I think Adama's going with them. I think he's in a place where he would be quite willing to undertake such a mission himself. Hardly an episode goes by without him having a glass in his hand, so I don't think he's dealing with recent events well.

How they find her I suspect is that they'll drop the firewalls and let Anders fly the ship. He's clearly operating in the same way as a hybrid so he may be able to find Cavil in the same way that the hybrid on the basestar found the resurrection hub. It would be interesting to find out what the nature of the hybrids is, what it is they see or are linked to that some of the Cylons think they have a connection to God. Maybe it has something to do with what D'Anna said about there being something between life and death when she started seeing the five. Perhaps the hybrids have some access to that space and can see things they probably shouldn't.

madmalk79

[13]Mar 7, 2009
    Adama and Galactica will meet there end via ramming cavil's ship or the colony

MichaelDracon

[14]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 11
    Idbeolderifiwas wrote:

That's what I said a while ago as well. I'm beginning to think I may actually be right.

MajLorne

[15]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 21

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    Lol, good point.

Like others mentioned already, a fitting end for the ship would totally be in battle. I would kinda like to see it blown up the similar way Pegasus was when it took out 2 base ships in Exodus pt2. Just letting Galactica rot away or blowing it up before the final battle would be a waste. Galactica deserves to go down fighting to the very end.

cooltamer_1

[16]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 6

[*Spoilers maybe*]

If we take prophecies into account, it would make perfect sense for Kara to be the one piloting Galactica into the colony. She is after all being called the bringer of death and we could consider that Galacticas is the dying leader as it is the flagship.

austinuu

[17]Mar 9, 2009
    Why does everyone assume that the cycle of violence will be perpetuated in the looming showdown with Cavil? Maybe they pull out a peace rug, sit down, talk about their differences, and resolve to settle them in a civilized manner.

psychickiller

[18]Mar 9, 2009
    austinuu wrote:
    Why does everyone assume that the cycle of violence will be perpetuated in the looming showdown with Cavil? Maybe they pull out a peace rug, sit down, talk about their differences, and resolve to settle them in a civilized manner.

'Cause it sucks!

dragon755

[19]Mar 9, 2009
    psychickiller wrote:
    austinuu wrote:

'Cause it sucks!

Though it would be funny...could you imagine the outrage fans would have.... Not too mention could you see Cavil being civilized...i mean for fraks sake, he slept with his own mother!!!

psychickiller

[20]Mar 9, 2009
    It's probably the same outrage that's going to happen if there isn't a glorious CGI fight at the end.