Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Will The Galactica survive?

hoobydictator

[21]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    cooltamer_1 wrote:

[*Spoilers maybe*]

If we take prophecies into account, it would make perfect sense for Kara to be the one piloting Galactica into the colony. She is after all being called the bringer of death and we could consider that Galacticas is the dying leader as it is the flagship.

The word used is "harbinger" which the N.O.D.E. defines as "a person or thing that announces or signals the approach of another", so she's a herald, in effect. Since they do not know where the colony has gone to, and Anders now appears to be a hybrid, it actually makes much more sense to allow him to find it otherwise his whole transformation is pointless, as are the comments that only the firewalls are stopping him from taking over the computer systems and that he may be able to take control of the FTL drives.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndreasOS

[22]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    MajLorne wrote:

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    Maybe the Galactica is the Dying leader that we've heard so much about?
    Lol, good point.

Like others mentioned already, a fitting end for the ship would totally be in battle. I would kinda like to see it blown up the similar way Pegasus was when it took out 2 base ships in Exodus pt2. Just letting Galactica rot away or blowing it up before the final battle would be a waste. Galactica deserves to go down fighting to the very end.

I'm thinking the same. But Pegasus took out 3 basestars. One with its guns, one by ramming, and one when one of the hangar bays blew away and hit the third basestar.

I think she'll either find a glorious end in battle, or Adama will lay her to rest. Maybe just let her float away into space, as a memorial to the Colonial Fleet, and all that the survivors have been through. After all, she was one of the oldest ships in the fleet, if not the oldest. And she's seen more action than any other bird did.

But you're probably right. It would be more fitting for a Warbird of her calibre to go down in the thick of the action, striking the killing blow.

AndreasOS

[23]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 6

psychickiller wrote:
    It's probably the same outrage that's going to happen if there isn't a glorious CGI fight at the end.

Yep. I know I'll be really pissed off if there isn't some jaw dropping battle scenes at the end of all this.

MajLorne

[24]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 21
    AndreasOS wrote:
    MajLorne wrote:

Idbeolderifiwas wrote:
    Maybe the Galactica is the Dying leader that we've heard so much about?
    Lol, good point.

Like others mentioned already, a fitting end for the ship would totally be in battle. I would kinda like to see it blown up the similar way Pegasus was when it took out 2 base ships in Exodus pt2. Just letting Galactica rot away or blowing it up before the final battle would be a waste. Galactica deserves to go down fighting to the very end.

I'm thinking the same. But Pegasus took out 3 basestars. One with its guns, one by ramming, and one when one of the hangar bays blew away and hit the third basestar.

I think she'll either find a glorious end in battle, or Adama will lay her to rest. Maybe just let her float away into space, as a memorial to the Colonial Fleet, and all that the survivors have been through. After all, she was one of the oldest ships in the fleet, if not the oldest. And she's seen more action than any other bird did.

But you're probably right. It would be more fitting for a Warbird of her calibre to go down in the thick of the action, striking the killing blow.

Oh right, I forgot about the 1st basestar Pegasus blew up. The image that really struck my mind first was the last two Pegasus took down when it was being used as a ram. And yeah true I guess her parts would serve the rest of the fleet well, but I would guess at least 90-99% of us would prefer at least Galactica used to slam into Cavil's 'ship' after using up all its weapons.

pumpkinhead2

[25]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    I am beginning to think that maybe the Galactica will survive.

For one thing nobody thinks it will ... which would make it a genuine surprise if it did.

My second reason is all that goo that they put in the Galactica. What is the point of that if it made no real difference to the Galactica's current state of repair?

The Goo has got a role to play. It was hinted at when Anders' went online in the last episode. The Cylon Base Ships are made out of this stuff and can heal themselves ... but they can probably only do that if a Hybrid is online to take charge of the repairs. Anders could do that job on the Galactica.

dragon755

[26]Mar 12, 2009

pumpkinhead2 wrote:
    I am beginning to think that maybe the Galactica will survive. For one thing nobody thinks it will ... which would make it a genuine surprise if it did. My second reason is all that goo that they put in the Galactica. What is the point of that if it made no real difference to the Galactica's current state of repair? The Goo has got a role to play. It was hinted at when Anders' went online in the last episode. The Cylon Base Ships are made out of this stuff and can heal themselves ... but they can probably only do that if a Hybrid is online to take charge of the repairs. Anders could do that job on the Galactica.

HaHa, you know? You're prob right. That is just the twisted logic they have been using on us since the start

MetaLuna

[27]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 5
    pumpkinhead2 wrote:
    I am beginning to think that maybe the Galactica will survive.

For one thing nobody thinks it will ... which would make it a genuine surprise if it did.

My second reason is all that goo that they put in the Galactica. What is the point of that if it made no real difference to the Galactica's current state of repair?

The Goo has got a role to play. It was hinted at when Anders' went online in the last episode. The Cylon Base Ships are made out of this stuff and can heal themselves ... but they can probably only do that if a Hybrid is online to take charge of the repairs. Anders could do that job on the Galactica.

This was exactly the theory my husband and I had. If it's like nerve tissue, then it would theoretically need a brain to function. In this case, Anders would serve as the brain. However, I don't think the Galactica is going to survive. I think the Cylon goop is going to keep it together long enough for some sort of final mission. I still doubt the Galactica will survive to see the promised land.

Mental_Micky

[28]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    In the beginning of the episode "Islanded In A Stream Of Stars" Hera is seen playing with a model of the Galactica and seemingly crashes it into a Cylon Basestar. Given Hera's recent importance (Starbuck's music), could this be a hint at what might happen?

Daxx00004

[29]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    Mental_Micky wrote:
    In the beginning of the episode "Islanded In A Stream Of Stars" Hera is seen playing with a model of the Galactica and seemingly crashes it into a Cylon Basestar. Given Hera's recent importance (Starbuck's music), could this be a hint at what might happen?

That is what we are expected to think. Therefore RDM may very well be playing mind games with us. It has happened before and will happen again, the mind games that is.

MetaLuna

[30]Mar 14, 2009
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    Mental_Micky wrote:

That is what we are expected to think. Therefore RDM may very well be playing mind games with us. It has happened before and will happen again, the mind games that is.

IT'S NOT LOST!!!!!

Daxx00004

[31]Mar 15, 2009
    MetaLuna wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    Mental_Micky wrote:

IT'S NOT LOST!!!!!

What's not lost?

MetaLuna

[32]Mar 16, 2009
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    MetaLuna wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    Mental_Micky wrote:

IT'S NOT LOST!!!!!

What's not lost?

The show. It's not Lost. Meaning the writers aren't just pulling things out of their collective butt just for shock value. There aren't any real "twists" in Battlestar, only "Ahhhh, I see now" moments. Even when questions were raised, they were answered in a way that made sense. The Final Five, for example, made sense once it was revealed. There's no sneaky Lost-style plot twists.

If Hera's play is NOT a sign of things to come, then it's a coincidence. It isn't the writers giggling to themselves about all the fanboy assumptions. Why? 'Cause it's NOT LOST!!

Jeric-Ho

[33]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 34
    MetaLuna wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    MetaLuna wrote:
    Daxx00004 wrote:
    Mental_Micky wrote:

IT'S NOT LOST!!!!!

What's not lost?

The show. It's not Lost. Meaning the writers aren't just pulling things out of their collective butt just for shock value. There aren't any real "twists" in Battlestar, only "Ahhhh, I see now" moments. Even when questions were raised, they were answered in a way that made sense. The Final Five, for example, made sense once it was revealed. There's no sneaky Lost-style plot twists.

If Hera's play is NOT a sign of things to come, then it's a coincidence. It isn't the writers giggling to themselves about all the fanboy assumptions. Why? 'Cause it's NOT LOST!!

Just because a show has twists in the story does not automatically put it in the same category as Lost! Lost was not the first show EVER to have a twist in it's story you know, and BSG is full of speculation and twists, and the writers are always adding parts into the show for the sole fact of spreading speculations and your so called 'Fanboy' assumptions, that is what writers thrive off, they love doing that, specially in BSG, why do you think the final 5 plot lasted so long and we were even given hints with the last supper image.

pumpkinhead2

[34]Mar 16, 2009
    I wouldn't read too much into the kid's game. It could be a throw away scene, or a portent, or a red herring.

Daxx00004

[35]Mar 16, 2009
    pumpkinhead2 wrote:
    I wouldn't read too much into the kid's game. It could be a throw away scene, or a portent, or a red herring.

That was my thoughts exactly. Wouldn't be surprised to see that be a red herring. Or that we misconstrued the meaning of the game, Maybe she was just jumping the Galactica in close to the cylon colony ship.

Sorry Metaluna, but I have never watched "Lost" so the reference went over my head completely.

pumpkinhead2

[36]Mar 19, 2009
    My new thinking is what would happen if the Galactica were to use its FTL just as it was about to collide with the Cylon Colony?

We have already seen the amount of damage that a tiny Raptor can do to a battlestar when it does this.

Just putting that idea out there.

MajLorne

[37]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 21
    I know this reply is late, but:
    - the ship barely holds together and won't have enough for another jump. - Even if they did cause damage to the 'colony ship', it won't damage it too much since the hull would regenerate more easily than a human built ship held together by 'cylon goop'. - They figured it was a suicide mission and just said 'the hell with it' and just crashed it and hoped to make a big enough impact as possible.