Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Will the season 4 half final (episode 10) get the show back to track?

farscapefanuk

[1]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 32

I think this season has although deal with some good episodes and stories the writers seem to be beating around the bush a bit and dragging out this season. This mid-seaosn final needs to be really good and hold us all and blow us away so we come back for the final 10 episodes. There is really no reason why they cant go all out now! So do you think it will go down well or what?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 18

Well, knowing SciFi's history with mid-season finales, this one will have a cliffhanger.

I wouldn't say they're beating around the bush this season. It's not like there's been a lot of plain filler. Lee becoming the new President was kind of important and they had to ease him into it with some sort of political office + experience, so that was a few episodes. Baltar's new position as a religious head is apparently going to somehow play a role. The Adama/Roslin 'ship is finally moving ahead, etc. Some of these things might come to a head and/or play a major role in the end-game.

The only thing I can see fans going ape about is since the previous season finale there hasn't been a lot of overt movement on determining the last of the final 5, and finding Earth.

Edited on 06/11/2008 8:51am

123home123

[4]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 55
    I don't see the writers dragging out the season. I notice some people post this and similar comments just because they didn't reveal the identity of the final Cylon in the 1st five minutes of the season. If that's all you are looking for, well, I don't know if a complex human drama like BSG is really for you. What's the point of watching a color-by-number outline like that?

This has been a very good half season so far with outstanding episodes like "Faith," "Guess What's Coming to Dinner?," "The Hub" and "The Ties That Bind." I'm going to give this thread very little leeway. There really isn't any point to posting "the writers seem to be beating around the bush a bit and dragging out this season." Such statements are really not intended to foster substantive discussion about the show. If this turns into yet another bash thread, I'm going to lock it.

oz_island

[5]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 12
    I don't know how anyone can think that this season has been anything but awesome. Seems like people are expecting dog fights every episode...before everything else, this show is a drama, and drama is not all about blowing things up.

tribalchic

[6]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 17

its not dragging.They are telling a story, sure you might find it slow but these little steps are necessary in setting up the final story BSG is trying to tell.

As a lost fan i've learned its better to sit back be patient and enjoy the ride, instead of demanding answers because lets face it once their revealed there is no going back the show will be over.