Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

You Will Know the Truth

123home123

[1]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 55
    For those who missed the James Bond "marathon" on the Sci Fi Channel this Thanksgiving, they ran ads and brief promos that included a mysterious website, youwillknowthetruth.com. If you enter the URL in your browser, you will be taken to a separate part of the main official Battlestar Galactica site. It's mostly a silver/gray background with a set of links at the bottom in the form of red dots. I took a quick look at it. Nothing too interesting although fans who simply can't wait another month can read through the "clues" and listen to the audio excerpts.

I'll check out the webisodes when they are available but I won't stress out too much about finding every last clue about the identity of the final Cylon or the fate of the Colonial fleet. The final episodes will air in 7 weeks. We've waited this long. I can wait 7 more weeks.

I'll be interested to see some new episodes again but I have to admit that this second long hiatus has made it difficult to maintain enthusiasm about the show. Not to say that I think any less of the series. It's just that waiting around for months and months means that there's not many reasons to think about or even discuss the show. BSG is a continuous dramatic parable, not a set of stand-alone episodes. This makes it harder to keep focused on the story when the story isn't being shown. At least last year, we tried to promote the show in hopes that Sci Fi would extend the series into a fifth season. But now that we know this will be the end (other than the 2nd planned BSG TV movie), it doesn't matter so much about the ratings. I hope viewers will return and give BSG a nice send-off.

Though it'll be nice to have the "Caprica" prequel movie (and possible series), it won't be the same as having BSG. "Caprica" will have a different focus and feel to it from what I've read. Since we know how that story will end up (with the Cylons departing somehow), I don't know how long they could sustain a series. If BSG has to end, at least I hope it ends on a high note in terms of quality. I think it will, but I want these last episodes to be among the best in the entire series, and among the best on all of television.

I won't give away any spoilers from the promos I saw, but I don't think I saw anything that would qualify as a significant spoiler anyway. I really don't have any idea what kinds of stories the producers will show in the last episodes since the momentous events of the end of Season 4.0. At least one thing is certain: they have to change the text in the opening title sequence now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

psychickiller

[2]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    That's cool... Should pass some of the time thats left.

I doubt any of these clues will actually help, but what the heck... it's better than nothing. I suppose that after the season will end we will look back at those clues and say "I get it now!".

sheli20

[3]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    I think the fifth clue is a pretty big clue!!!!

Kondix

[4]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    explain please :p

sheli20

[5]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    Kondix wrote:
    explain please :p

Well After thinking about it for a while it's not really such a big clue lol
    I guess I just got excited that there was something new with BSG, I wasn't thinking straight, my brain was suffering from BSG deficiency.
    sorry

123home123

[6]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 55
    It's understandable. There has been so little to talk about regarding BSG since June.

Here's a brief timeline of the BSG schedule (in the U.S.):

Dec. 2003 Miniseries
    ONE-YEAR GAP

Jan.-Apr. 2005 Season 1
    3-MONTH GAP - [TV.com starts in June 2005]

July-Sept. 2005 Season 2.0
    3-MONTH GAP

Jan.-Mar. 2006 Season 2.5
    7-MONTH GAP (except for the Webisodes in Sept.)

Oct.-Dec. 2006 Season 3.0
    1-MONTH GAP

Jan.-Mar. 2007 Season 3.5
    8-MONTH GAP (except for Razor Flashback minisodes)
    Nov. 2007 "Razor" TV movie
    4-MONTH GAP (12-month gap total except for "Razor")

Apr.-June 2008 Season 4.0
    7-MONTH GAP (except for Webisodes in Dec.???)

Jan.-Apr. 2009 Season 4.5
    ??? "The Plan" 2nd TV movie

Since the end of March 2007 (1 year and 8 months ago), we've had just 10 new episodes (about 7.5 actual hrs. of air time) and a 2-hr. TV movie. (1.5 actual hrs. of air time). The writer's strike was partly to blame for the hiatus this year but it's still frustrating to have all of these delays as the show winds down. This is when fans should be getting enthusiastic about the closing of this landmark series. Instead, many casual viewers might be drifting off, wondering if the show was canceled last year.

Many fans have the DVD sets but I still think the Sci Fi Channel should do a BSG rewind next summer. Maybe they could air a BSG block on Mondays like they do with "Lost" right now. They could start off with the Miniseries on a Sunday evening, both parts. Then each Monday, they could air 4 episodes in a row beginning with Season 1 and continue through to the end of the series. We see repeats of Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi but we never see repeats of BSG in the off-season except a few airings at 2 am on Friday or Saturday nights (Sat./Sun. morning).

As we see, this forum has been really quiet for the last 5 months. It was pretty quiet for most of 2007 between April and Dec., all the way through March of this year. There wasn't even much activity when "Razor" aired. We had a lot of forum posts when Season 4.0 aired but that lasted for only 3 months.

I'll be eager to see a lively forum again in 5 weeks. I think the fans will return to discuss the new episodes again.
    Edited on 11/30/2008 6:58pm

Lei_K

[7]Nov 30, 2008
    Thanks for that timeline. I've found myself yelling at the skies the last few weeks in frustration (and to any who would listen, if even for a passing second.) At least now I'll have the right info, as I was previously exaggerating the gaps in episdoes/seasons

Kondix

[8]Nov 30, 2008
    I envy my friend, who I just hoocked up with BSG. He is going through the series like crazy. 2 Weeks ago he didn't know frak about it, now he is just before the New Caprica story line... In two weeks he is on earth, and then has to wait maybe a month and will have the whole thing almost at once. (I finished re-watching like two weeks ago and I really prefer BSG-marathons to weekly episodes).

I think now is the best time to get into BSG.

Well, can't wait any longer.

psychickiller

[9]Dec 1, 2008
    Nice work with the timeline there

I'd expect more ppl to come around to the forums despite the hiatus, though. I'm sure many are checking it, but too bad they don't post as well.

goldun

[10]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 3
    Kondix wrote:
    I envy my friend, who I just hoocked up with BSG. He is going through the series like crazy. 2 Weeks ago he didn't know frak about it, now he is just before the New Caprica story line... In two weeks he is on earth, and then has to wait maybe a month and will have the whole thing almost at once. (I finished re-watching like two weeks ago and I really prefer BSG-marathons to weekly episodes).

I think now is the best time to get into BSG.

Well, can't wait any longer.

LOL that's what i do!! have marathons compared to weekly episodes.

Kondix

[11]Dec 1, 2008
    So... a private question... what was your longest marathon?
    I think me and me girl we managed to see 7 episodes most in one such marathon... (we did finish season 4 last time with 6 episodes in a row, despite me having to go to work the next day... but I simply could not stop watching)

tripping82

[12]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 14
    sheli20 wrote:
    I think the fifth clue is a pretty big clue!!!!

I think the first clue (intro) is the biggest clue!

tripping82

[13]Dec 1, 2008
    Double post.

After seeing the 4th clue I think that
    ***SPOILER***

Idbeolderifiwas

[14]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 20
    Kondix wrote:
    I think me and me girl we managed to see 7 episodes most in one such marathon... (we did finish season 4 last time with 6 episodes in a row, despite me having to go to work the next day... but I simply could not stop watching)

I've gone days watching nothing other than BSG... Right before season 4 started I went through the whole series in like 3 or 4 days I think

tripping82

[15]Dec 2, 2008

Ok so after watching the previews for season 5 and seeing hint#4 at You Will Know the Truth. I noticed that
    ***SPOILER***

Edited on 12/03/2008 6:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

psychickiller

[16]Dec 4, 2008
    Hint #7: Same picture as Battlestar Galactica's homepage, except Roslin is missing.

Kondix

[17]Dec 4, 2008
    Now THAT is a big one... but the fifth was actually suposed to be missing on the original version... so I think it's mystification

I would say... that this means that Roslin is definetly not the 5th!

psychickiller

[18]Dec 4, 2008
    I suppose that hint is pretty simple, and we all know that; Roslin is a goner

AndreasOS

[19]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 6

:

I travel alot for work, and back in September I was stuck in a hotel room in Shanghai. Luckily I had brought some DVDs with me. Over the course of one weekend, I watched all of Season 1, and Season 4 of The Wire. That was a good weekend.

Edited on 12/05/2008 10:14am

AndreasOS

[20]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 6

The Picture of
    ***SPOILER***

Some of them seem to be just clues to clues... Clues to help us find clues that were in previous episodes. And as much as I love discussing these different aspects of the show, I don't really want to figure it out definitively before it's properly revealed in the show. I love the uncertainty they've created amongst the fan base, and I love the way they've made me question some things in the show which I had accepted as fact.

Does anyone else think that the fifth will be revealed in the first episode of the new season?