Battlestar Galactica Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

You Will Know the Truth

123home123

[21]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 55
    I'm not sure, but it would be a bit of a letdown to find out so early. They also need to explain the significance of the final Cylon now that they've reached their current location. (I'm trying not to post any spoilers from the last episodes although all the regulars here know what happened.)
    Edited on 12/05/2008 10:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndreasOS

[22]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 6

123home123 wrote:
    I'm not sure, but it would be a bit of a letdown to find out so early. They also need to explain the significance of the final Cylon now that they've reached their current location. (I'm trying not to post any spoilers from the last episodes although all the regulars here know what happened.)

You're right. It would be a bitter disappointment. I guess I'm just trying to condition myself. After the travesty that was the end of Stargate SG-1, I'm worried about the conclusion to BSG. It is a far superior show (in my humbe opinion), but still i worry. I'm probably being overly paranoid, as the writers, producers, cast and crew have done nothing but astound me throughout the series with their skill, ingenuity, their courage to tackle taboo issues and the sense of reality they've brought to the Sci-Fi genre. But as I always say, the pessimist is always pleasantly surprised when things work out right...

123home123

[23]Dec 6, 2008
    All the cast members keep saying that the viewers are going to be completely shocked by the final episodes. Something bad is supposed to happen although I don't know how it could get much worse than it already is in terms of the situation for the Colonial fleet.

Jitterbug

[24]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    Kondix wrote:
    So... a private question... what was your longest marathon? I think me and me girl we managed to see 7 episodes most in one such marathon... (we did finish season 4 last time with 6 episodes in a row, despite me having to go to work the next day... but I simply could not stop watching)
    Well, when I first got on the BSG wagon, almost a year ago, I watched the first 3 seasons in like 4 or 5 days...I just couldn't stop watching! Of course, working from home was a good thing in my case, otherwise I would've had some explaining to do to my employers ) The show is absitively great, and it's the first show in many many years that had me wondering what is going to happen next. I ABSOLUTELY have no idea what is going to happen in the last 10 eps, `cause the writing is so mind-bogglingly brilliant, it keeps you guessing endlessly! Oh, and the thing about Roslin missing from the last supper pic, that's a perfect example of mindfrak, you guys...I guess that in the end we WILL have our answers, and frankly I prefer to wait and see the ending Ron Moore chose to give the show, instead of endlessly theorizing, simply because I have no doubt that it's going to be brilliant. After all, when asked about the ending, all the members of the cast said that it's beautiful, that it's a true ending. Only 40-sthg days to wait now...

psychickiller

[25]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    From all the cast members' quotes, I imagine the Colonial Fleet is going to suffer some heavy casualties (Minor/Major characters too?) over the last 10 episodes, sort of 'All Hell Breaks Loose'.

Lei_K

[26]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 11
    Maybe I'm just being a complaining fan. Or maybe I need a little course in patience. But... common' this site YouWillKnowTheTruth is crap. Can we even call these clues? The newest 'clue' is a picture we saw months ago. I just feel like Sci-Fi puts a little bait in front of us and we're supposed to bounce on it. If not for the prospect of drawing in new fans or fans on the brink of giving up on BSG, I'd just rather then shut down YouWillKnowTheTruth. At this point its just insulting.

123home123

[27]Dec 7, 2008
    That site is definitely just a hastily assembled promotional vehicle but at least it shows that Sci Fi hasn't completely forgotten about BSG. The channel seems to be veering back toward the reality-based programming from earlier in the decade when the featured programs included "Scare Tactics" instead of traditional script-based sci-fi shows. Of course, "Scare Tactics" has actually been revived this year. (I also have to admit that I watch it occasionally. It can be pretty funny.)

Sci Fi also has the new reality/game shows "Estate of Panic" and "Chase". I guess those are interesting once or twice but not much more than that. Then there's "Ghost Hunters", some new late-night psychic talk show (not the one from a couple years ago) and ECW wrestling. Both BSG and "Stargate Atlantis" are wrapping up in the first half of 2009. Unfortunately it looks like the channel is shifting back to "reality" programming. At least they seem to have given Ronald Moore and David Eick a sizable budget for the remaining episodes. Hopefully the executives didn't interfere creatively and try to tell Moore and Eick to add more stand-alone episodes like they did during Season 3. That really wouldn't work now that the show is wrapping up for good.

psychickiller

[28]Dec 8, 2008
    I really don't believe there's anything in these clues, but it's nice nontheless.
    Like 123home123 said, it shows Sci fi hasn't forgotten about BSG.

ebony_kunoichi

[29]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    i know one thing, this is driving me CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oddbodd72

[30]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    "You have heard my voice countless times,yet you do not know my name."

Well, if that is supposed to be a quote from the final fifth, and I'll spoiler it just in case I'm right and ruin it for y'all...

***SPOILER***

Carl_Barrass

[31]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 3

In reply to the spoiler above.

***SPOILER***

Anyone care to summarise all the clues for those of us without the time/inclination to go digging through masses of stuff...

Edited on 12/08/2008 1:04pm

ebony_kunoichi

[32]Dec 8, 2008

o.k/ this may be a long shot, but here goes.

Has anyone seen the commercials for BSG new season? Well They say who is the final cylon and they flash faces. One is adama, D, Gaeta, Roslin, Baltar and a few others. So the final cylon has to be one of them right? Or are the producers just throwing us false info??? Any thoughts?

123home123

[33]Dec 8, 2008
    I don't know if the producers are even in charge of the commercials. Those could be edited by some mid-level technician in the company. Even if Moore and Eick oversee the editing of the ads, they could still mislead viewers in those ads. I'd actually prefer if they didn't reveal too much in the promos.

I saw one spot that included a 30 or 60-sec. preview from Season 4.5. Adama is speaking to Tom Zarek on Colonial One. I don't know if the scene really revealed anything but I won't describe it in detail here. I don't really care about the commercials too much. Just bring on the episodes themselves. I'm going to leave the speculation to other people.

seto1

[34]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    in my head i keep going through the possibilities man i can wait

ebony_kunoichi

[35]Dec 9, 2008
    has anyone seen the new clue? I think it's just a sneak peek and not a real clue, but then again he is saying some important stuff about evolving.

psychickiller

[36]Dec 10, 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a scene from an already-broadcasted S4 episode?

Lei_K

[37]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    psychickiller wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a scene from an already-broadcasted S4 episode?

Yep it is. I think it might be from the ep Sine Qua Non? It was toward the end of season 4.0

AndreasOS

[38]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    Lei_K wrote:
    psychickiller wrote:
    Yep it is. I think it might be from the ep Sine Qua Non? It was toward the end of season 4.0
    Was it in the actual aired episode? For some reason I thought it was a deleted scene...

peprmpati

[39]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Does anyone know what happened to the DEC 12 clue?

Bionetic

[40]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I love the theorizing. It's the best part of the show.

tripping82, Really good observation. I completely missed that Roslin wasn't in the pic. I don't think that it means Roslin's a goner though, even though she probably will die eventually. The Six that was standing next to Roslin in the Last Supper pic is dead already, but she's still in the pic. Is her absence represented death then the Six would be gone too. It's possible Roslin's absence may indicate that she has betrayed her alliance to the fleet. From the pic one could assume that everyone in the pic is part of an alliance. It's possible Roslin has a 'hate' relapse after discovering Earth is not all they thought it would be. This could push her over the edge and turn her against the newly found Cylon-Colonies alliance making her the Judas of the story so to speak. Perhaps that is why we hear a sound bite in one of the recent BSG ads where Adama is telling Roslin to back down.

AndreasOS, I think the soundbite is from a scene that will air on a future episode. Perhaps the scene with Kara and the Cylon on post-apocalyptic earth in the BSG youwillknowthetruth.com commercial. On another forum someone said it's possible Kara discovers the wreckage of her original Viper and her dead body in it.

oddbodd72, you also have a really good theory. The "You have heard my voice countless times,yet you do not know my name." really does seem to describe the hybrid.

It actually makes the most sense. One thing I've noticed is the second 'clue' could be talking about child birth.

***SPOILER***