Battlestar Galactica

Guess What's Coming to Dinner?

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 16, 2008 on Syfy

• "Hey boss. Look what I brought home!"

That was an amazing episode, although some parts were a little creepy. (Gaeta's singing and Hera in general) Personally, I'm getting the feeling that Gaeta is being set up as a red herring for the final cylon. Or I suppose he COULD be the final cylon, but it feels like a red herring to me. Opera house stuff is getting somewhat intense, although Athena shot the wrong Six if she wants to protect her daughter. She knows that Caprica is sharing the dreams, so it follows that she is the Six in the dreams. The drawings were quite creepy as well as the "Goodbye"

Kara is back in her uniform!!! For some reason that made me overly happy. And with her hair tied back she looks very "season two Kara". So she's is getting all caught up in the destiny thing, and is now helping Roslin with the opera house vision. Tigh is going to start raising suspicions if he's not careful. Though I'm perfectly glad that he kept Kara, Anders, and Athena from getting blown up. Lee's storyline got a lot better this episode. I'm not really sure what it was, but I got to see the Lee that I missed. And was it just me, or during Natalie's speech did he and Kara keep exchanging glances?

Natalie was awesome, though she might be gone now. But who knows. It looked like a couple gut shots though, and I doubt she'll be recovering from that. But her speech was gold. It was amazingly done. And I love how she was playing that Six vulnerability, which we've really only seen in Caprica, and Gina before this. And she just made a huge concession to the humans, giving them the coordinates.

I am in love with the way Mary McDonnel delivers the "Well you're sleeping with him, aren't you?" line. Priceless. And now the hybrid has kidnapped Kara, Roslin, Baltar, Helo, and a bunch of cylons, and I believe some other Colonials. That should be interesting.

Overall, absolutely amazing episode. And I have a feeling that the intensity this season is just starting to get revved up. As Ron D. Moore has said in his podcasts, this season is really one long continuous story, and I'm pretty sure we're past all the somewhat slow-moving intro stuff now.