Battlestar Galactica

Guess What's Coming to Dinner?

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 16, 2008 on Syfy

• Gaeta's singing made this an instant classic. The last ten minutes of the episode certainly made this episode pivotal.

I agree with the other reviewers that BSG is picking up steam. Too bad there are only a few episodes left this year. I have not felt about a show like this since the Sopranos. Like that show, which only had ten or twelve episodes a season, by the time it gets good its over and leaves you irritated that that is all there is.

Like "Faith" before it, this episode is one where you want to show your friends as to why you watch this program. All the actors are amazing, and what makes it even more amazing is that this is the Sci-fi network, where the vast majority of the actors were not well known, other than Olmos and McDonnell(with Dean Stockwell from Quantum Leap fame). This show should be shown in acting classes how actors can rise to the material.

I have a bad feeling that Gaeta will be exiting stage left soon. His character seems to be heading to a bad end. At least he had his high note on this episode. His singing in the last scene after watching the jaw-dropping shooting of Natalie and the cylons jumping away made one wish the show wasn't going away so soon.