Battlestar Galactica

He That Believeth in Me

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 04, 2008 on Syfy

• Unfortunately, I felt let down by this ever-so-eagerly anticipated episode.

7.7
    After waiting over a year from the very exciting conclusion to Crossroads, with the two huge reveals of the 4 Galactica Cylons and Kara Thrace returning from the dead, I had hoped for some plot point equal to at least one of those shockers.

Instead, we find out only that Starbuck's viper is brand-new, and that no one believes her when she says she has been to earth. We already saw the viper last year, and is it any surprise that she would be doubted?

Regarding Tigh, Anders, Tyrol, and Tori...none of them did anything shocking, which is fine. We did see that Tigh seems to be wound up pretty tightly when he imagined shooting Admiral Adama, and that Anders had trouble firing on a Cylon ship.

Oh, and Baltar has a cult following.

I am sure that as the season progresses this episode will hold its own. However, I wish the writers had put a little more meat on the bone to satisfy the appetite of the rapacious audience.

In the meantime, I suppose I'll have to entertain myself by continuing to try to figure out who the last Cylon will be. If it's not Starbuck (which seems like a red herring/too obvious), and I don't think it's her, I keep going back to Gaeta.