Battlestar Galactica

He That Believeth in Me

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 04, 2008 on Syfy

• Welcome back to the best show on TV.

I'm not going to try to get new convertees, since chances are if you're reading this, you've been following the show for the previous three seasons.
    But for all you "old war horses", here's some great news. Not only is the pace still there, things have gotten BETTER. First of all, the fight scene at the beginning of the episode was so brilliant it boggles the mind. The subtle explosions, camera angles, it's a wonder to behold. I'll be the first one to tell you how much I hate when special effects are placed at the fore of anything, but man, this WORKS! Secondly, Baltar's character has absolutely bloomed. He still has that semi-tortured, semi-a$$hole thing going, but there is conviction there that wasn't there before. From the initial hilarious comment of recognition when he enters the disciples compound to the final resignation in the washing room, that is a grown character. And that's REALLY good news because he is the character I feel the future (i.e. efter the show is over) hinges on. It was suggested he may turn out to be Jesus upon reaching Earth. It may be far fetched, but does it ever keep the mind racing.
    Everyone, EVERYONE is on their toes throughout the episode, especially Kara (Sakhoff), who must, or should, have a bright future as an actress - playing such a character role so well so early - wow.
    In any case, this whole concept is about as huge as ever attempted on television and done with MUCH more feeling for drama than, say, Babylon 5. I'm just happy I get to see it evolve and reach its crescendo.
    Way to start season 4!