Battlestar Galactica

He That Believeth in Me

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 04, 2008 on Syfy

• A great if not amazing start to the long overdue Season 4

This episode was broadcast on Sky one with the second as one big episode, so I can only guess where the conclusion was which is a shame. Anyways, It's been a while but I was so happy to see this back on TV. It's one of my favourite shows at the moment.

We found various things out in this episode and it pushed character's stories forward nicely. Plus the space battle at the start was amazing. When Anders (in his first time in battle) gets scanned and the Cylon raiders retreat you are a little confused as is Anders. We don't officially find out till the next episode on whether they were recalled or they retreated on their own though. This however re-iterates the fact that Anders is a Cylon, something the fans including me were not clear on by watching the Season 3 finale (just because the 4 assumed they were Cylons did not prove they were, they could have been something else entirely). This was written partly for that reason I reckon.

Back to Starbuck though and she has came back from the dead - a lot of the episode is based around others reactions to whether she is Starbuck or not especially as the evidence points to the contrary. She believes she has been gone only 6 hours, found Earth in the opposite direction (getting headaches everytime they use the FTL drives and jump) and her Viper is like New. Personally I believe she is Starbuck and as Lee believes, would it matter if she wasn't? However some other force is at work here and I want to find out what.

Lastly is Baltar's predicament, he goes from being incarcerated to Spiritual leader and gets a shag outta it. Giving himself to the one true god and having his Cult members follow his beliefs. Mindfrak Six gives him a dieing child he must pray for and be willing to trade his life for. And his life is nearly taken, if only he hadn't gone for a shave ey. Although at the moment there is a whiff of Babylon 5 and the telepath plot about it this by Galactica's standards should turn into a study of religious cults.

And so say we all, this is a great return for an amazing series. Wonder who the last Cylon is though, could it be Doc Cottel? ;)