Battlestar Galactica

Home, Part 2

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 26, 2005 on Syfy

• Stories continue to build

I am finding the whole series enthralling. The charachters are great, and the whole background story to the rise of the psylons is totally believable in my mind.

In this episode the key moments involved Sharon. She seemed to have a recollection of when Adama spoke to the dead Sharon on Battlestar. He asked the corpse "Why?", and in this episode the current clone of Sharon also commented "and you wanted to know why!". That I found a little strange, could the corpse Sharon still have been transmitting data back to the central "brain". Then the second instance came where the new Sharon had a chance to kill Adama, and she choopse not to. She explained this as she had free will and was able to do what she wanted. But overall this made me wonder what was the difference betweeen the two Sharon's? Had this one some how evolved further? Why couldn't the Sharon on Battlestar have exercised her free will? She seemed to go into auto-pilot and not acting out of free will. Anyone the whole episode was great entertainment, and very thought provoking.
  • Home, Part 2

Home, Part 2 was an amazing and very entertaining episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching because the action, drama, and intrigue were intense and fun to watch. Adama decides to find the President and reassemble the fleet and when he finds them he has another encounter with the other Sharon which was cool. When they were transported to Earth inside the Tomb of Athena it was beautiful and a great moment of hope for every one. There was a sad loss on the mission and some surprising turn of events. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • The one where: Sharon must make a choice.

I'm gonna be a bit lazy here, and just throw my review for both parts into one.

I wonder why these couple of episodes were marked as a two-parter? Does it save money? I'm asking because both episodes didn't feel entirely cohesive, with enough differentiation plot-wise to distinguish themselves as singular episodes, as with the last few episodes. I guess they just wanted to round off the Kobal plot once and for all.

To be perfectly honest, there's not a lot here worth mentioning. Most of the talking points revolve around someone either threatening to kill Sharon, or just generally manhandling the poor cylon. The scenes where Lee and Bill grab Sharon by the scruff of the neck and attack her are really well done. I'm sure Grace Park suffered a few war wounds during this shoot. Sharon had a lot to prove here, and I think she won over [mostly] everyone.

After an arduous trek through a curiously earth-looking planet, Roslin and her cohort of followers finally make it to the tomb of Athena. They're mysteriously transported to a remote location (an island in space? Or something?) where they discover that they're actually standing on earth (or something?). They find out the constellation they need to hunt down in order to find earth. Why don't they just settle on Kobol? It meets all of their requirements. I just don't know.

Elsewhere, in subplots across both episodes, Gaius believes that he slowly going insane...because a sexy pair of legs in a dress that only he can see told him he was so. Ya gotta love it. It turns out that head-Six believes that Sharon's baby is the revered child that she and Gaius will raise together. Interesting! I love how little Six thinks of Sharon. Total sibling rivalry.

All in all, this is an awesome episode for Sharon. But as a whole, it's a tad boring watching a bunch of people soaked to the core trudge across very familiar looking terrain. However, both Billy and Dee rise to the occasion when their respective leader isn't feeling up to scratch. I liked that.

• A price of blood.

I wasn't digging Baltar's story line(a rare miss), because as Baltar even pointed out himself, it felt like it had all been done before. He doubts Six and her beliefs and she comes up with a punishment/lesson for him to endure. And while that is exactly what happened, it was worth it as it finished up with an incredible scene and a nice spot of dialogue.

Baltar: "Then who...or what are you exactly?"
    Six: "I'm an angel of God sent here to protect you. To guide you and to love you."
    Baltar: "To what end?"
    Six: "To the end of the human race."

I liked Sharon's scene with Helo, as they made camp for the night on Kobol, where in she explained how vivid her memories of her life on board Galactica are. It was interesting how even she herself thought it was odd, even though she knows she's a Cylon, as if she is trying to come to terms with exactly what she is. It also helped setup what was probably her best line to date, "And you ask why", made even better by her raspy voiced delivery that came from Adama choking her. I also thought her plan for self preservation was well written and pulled off convincingly(plus I love COP .357 Derringers so that was a nice little bonus).

I was hoping Adama would bring along a portable cell for Roslin(especially after her, "I didn't ask for your forgiveness" line), but deep down I knew it had to go down the way it did. Even I can set aside my petty dislikes for the good of the fleet, and the fleet needs a president. Adama's reunion with Apollo was emotional, but I think his moment with Starbuck was better. The way she kept her eyes downcast, unable to make keep eye contact with Adama, was really moving.

I feel like I should comment on the prophecies/quest for Earth storyline as I haven't yet and this episode saw a major development in it. It's lead to some good storylines(most of this season really), but the scenes directly concerning the prophecy and Earth don't really grab me. I mean the scene during this episode in the Tomb of Athena was pretty damn intriguing but it was also payoff for a long buildup. I don't know, I keep wanting to hear the Cylons' view on the whole thing. As has been revealed they obviously have an interest in the prophecies. But is it just to find Earth so they can wipe out the legendary thirteenth colony?(with Six's comments in this episode it wouldn't surprise me) Or does their God have something planed for them concerning Earth? I guess I just need patience.

Best episode since Resistance.
  • To the End of the Human Race

I'm not quite sure how to feel. One one hand, we know that the series has a definite destination in mind, but on the other, I have some pretty strong feelings about the human race and the end therof. We'll just have to see, Ms-I'm-an-angel-of-God. You couldn't even predict where a baby would be born.

This episode moved a little quicker than the last one, but it still had time to slow down for some poignant moments. The entire reunion scene was rather lovely - Apollo's shock and Starbuck's guilt when they see the Commander again, Adama's reaction to seeing Sharon (and just how did she know what was said to her double's corpse?) and yet another perfectly played scene between Commander and President.

I suppose I have to wonder what I would do if the person who shot me just turned up after they had been killed. I suppose Adama had the right idea. Forgiveness is pretty easy to talk about, but a little harder to put into practice. Of course, seeing where the relationship between those two has gone, it's easy to overlook the decision Bill was faced with, but there it was: kill the thing or follow it to gods know where.

And how did Baltar manage to get away with being so funny? Didn't anyone tell him that serious things are going on? I had thought killing Crashdown made him a man or something; looks like I was wrong.
  • Overall, we were presented with the best episode of this season, with excellent conclusions.

***This review details –» this is a "I" perspective, based in what I like and recognize to be good or interesting, this is not a "god" where the guy thinks what he thinks is the true or the "you" perspective where I know what you will like and what you don´t.***

The beginning was normal, like the conflict phase, were many one on one interactions happened was necessary to build the climax and to build one if not the best conclusions so far, everything we have being learning through season 1 and this season gains form. It is interesting to know that Gaius is neither with a ship in his head or crazy, it is something else, maybe a sleeper agent. Sharron baby have a unique role. The climax was either was of the best, very suspenseful, but predictable. Sharron one more time provided nice reactions. Now they have hope and directions, the way that plot developed was great.

So this is a long waited conclusion season 1 episode 12 plot arc began.

Presentation Phase - » (8/10) normal,
    Complication Phase - » (9/10) reunion and interactions,
    Climax Phase - » (9/10) very suspenseful, but a little predictable,
    Ending - » (10/10) one of the best endings so far,

All the scenes seem relevant and maybe there is no filler this time, the episode doesn´t seems stretched. The progression is perfect because we learn the role of Sharron pregnancy, our main characters discovers where the earth may be and Gaius is neither with a ship in his head or crazy. The only noticed flaw is how slow that guy was to no kill Apollo in time, but that is understandable. I think the Storyline is perfect.

Details/Progress (To point A to B) -» (10/10) perfect,
    Time and Scene Management - » (10/10) all the scenes seemed relevant,
    Plot Details/Holes- » (9/10) almost fine,
    Storyline -» (10/10) excellent,

Drama - » (9/10) great emotional reunions and reactions,
    Suspense/Tension - » (9/10) only one scene provided that,

• Adama heads to Kobol to resolve the issues with Roslin so the fleet can be put back together.

This is one of my overall fav episodes. When Adama's group meets up with Roslin's the emotions run the gammit: from the heartfelt reunion between Adama and Lee to the unresolved anger Adama has toward's the Sharon model of cylon.

Watch closely-the groundwork is put down for exactly how devious Zarek can be.

My fav scene: Adama telling Roslin he forgives her and she looks him sqare in the eye and tells him "I didn't ask for your forgiveness" He may control the military but from here forward they are more equals in my eyes. Leading up to this I felt he still sometimes dismissed her as " a school teacher"
  • Making choices..

I like the development of this episode - it was great adventure - the whole finding the tomb but it was also even better on char and story development - they had been divided too long and the moment when Adama came out of the bush and his son just steering him and wondering what next - and I think nor Lee or Roslin expected that he is going to join their quest and I love how they solved the Earth thing - they have hope, they have direction. Well done.

And the new Sharon - that was great too. How everyone reacted, what choices she made and.. in any way - super.
  • Finally a road sign to Earth

I like this episode because the storyline starts to get interesting on all fronts and all the sequences that had us jumping from one location to another starts to end. The writers did a great job of blending all the different little story lines into this one episode. But and it’s a big one, this is a two part episode. I like how Commander Adama is still trying to clean up the mess that is all around him. And as all good military leaders do., he tries not to undermine command decisions that were done in his absence. The human civil war is nice and healthy and worth watching.
  • another great episode.

adama flies down to kobol to link up with president roslin and her followers. a conspiracy brews among the ex convicts. there's tension still going on among the crew. here we get to see a map room that shows a way back to earth. it's a cool revelation that brings hope to the future of humanity, and it's a good direction for the show's eventual future. the crew gets united once again, this time they have a direction of where they maybe heading in the future. there are plenty of possibilities for that future, at this point the bsg myth is raised a few levels.
  • Definitely an excellent episode, well written, well acted and very engrossing.

I really enjoyed this episode - it has tied up a number of stories and opened the way for a multitude of others. The development of the characters in this episode is at least as important as the resolution of the finding of the Tomb of Athena, and everything was accomplished with great skill. This is one of those rare reviews where I am actually writing it after having watched the show, not on the fly, as is normal for me :)

The development of Baltar in the realisation that perhaps he truly is something of a sociopathic monster was very interesting - and having Number Six mess with his head in all directions was also vastly amusing. I liked her transformation from naked sexpot to demurely clothed laughing girl - it was almost as if she were a totally different person. Her explanation to him that she is the latest manifestation of that little voice in his
    head, created so that he had someone or something to blame for his actions leading up to the destruction of the human race and his subsequent actions since the flight of the fleet was a good one - one designed to make him really wonder exactly what the hell is going on. I preferred that explanation to the later one that she is an "angel from God, sent to watch over him", although I'm sure the second one would appeal more to his profoundly egotistical personality.

Edward James Olmos did a wonderful job in this episode, bringing a great depth of emotion to the character of Adama - not that he hasn't done this already, but this episode was a showcase for his talents as an actor. He was determined to reunite not only his family, but the fleet and all the people in it. He managed to convey his determination to accomplish this with predominantly body language, as he is as usual a man of few words.

The tie-in using the symbols of the Zodiac as the original names of the colonies made the story more immediate, a little less fantastical - and the star patterns of the constellations of the Zodiac as the original patterns in the flags of the colonies was also a nice touch. I do have a silly question though - how did they get back from wherever they were while looking at the "map", or was it just a really cool holographic representation? One minute they're looking at a kind of Stonehenge, and the next Adama is introducing Laura Roslin as the President again to the crew of Galactica.
  • thought that was a really good episode. The feeling Adama had for Apollo, Starbuck, and Roslin was genuine.

I thought that was a really good episode. The feeling Adama had for Apollo, Starbuck, and Roslin was genuine. He truly wanted to put his family back together. I thought it was "realistic" that Roslin and Adama agreed to disagree. It didn't seem like a forced "we're all happy now" resolution on Kobol. I figured that Boomer knew that Zarek's boy was playing her. I did howver get nervous when she asked Helo to believe in her no matter what she did. I was thinking, "oh boy, she's about to do something".

Oh yeah, Baltar is crazy. I though I'd mention that in case it hasn't been said before! It was nice how Tricia Helfler flipped it and was rockin' the ponytail and sweats. I'm sure she was happy to not have to wear those dresses. It was quite amusing when she was sitting there naked. Gaius talking to her about her nakedness was pure comedy. But back to Baltar being a Cylon. Oh I didn't mention that? Well I think there's a chance that he's not crazy nor does he have a chip. The brain scan revealed no chip. So that leaves crazy right? Well, consider this, a cylon Six could in fact be communicating with him through the cylon mobile to mobile service.

He could be a sleeper like Sharon. He "unknowingly" accessed the defense network for the Cylons. He mysteriously survived the nuclear holocaust eventhough that blast looked like it should have taken him out. Just ponder that for a moment. We've seen 5 models of Cylons. When Gaeta is revealed to be a cylon that makes 6 and Baltar will make seven. Mark my words.

Grade
    A- It was a solid episode. It pretty much wraps up the loose ends from last season. Now we got Lucy Lawless as a reporter or maybe a Cylon? Hmm...
  • Tying up loose ends.

When Adama returns to Kobol to help Roslin and crew find the Tomb of Athena he finds President Roslin quite shaken but steadfast in her determination to move forward without apology. The episode ties together a lot of loose ends that had formed in the first season, bringing Helo, Lt. Valerie, and Starbuck back to the now fractured fleet. Apollo reunites with his dad who has had a change of heart. Lt. Valerie, now a known cylon leads the team to the Tomb of Athena where the location of earth is revealed to them as a star map as seen from earth. How they will find earth exactly is not broached other than to say that they will travel to a nebula in the constellation of Scorpio.

Overall the episode does an amazing job of bringing the pieces back together. We know the fleet is going to reunify and now has a direction to head in. What looms overhead still unanswered however is what plans the cylons have for the humans, if the cylons know exactly where the fleet is (as they have demonstrated several times) why not swoop in and eradicate them all.

We're left with two courses of action for the Galactica fleet. Send rescue parties to Caprica and the other cylon occupied colonies or press onward to Earth. While it seems as though Adama and Roslin have settled on one course of action there still seems to be room for debate.

Overall, an excellent addition to the series. Ending some story lines just in the nick of time.
  • Earths location is found and Baltar is crazy

Adama keeps his promise of getting the family back togather, by finding the President and those who left with her. As they united crew search for the Tomb of Athena, Boomer proves herself loyal by spoiling a plot to kill Adama and Apollo. Boomer also reveles that her child will be a girl.

Baltar, spurned on by Six, has a brain scan. The scan fails to show a chip in his head. The six in his head tells him that he's just plain nuts. Another Six in his head tells him that she is an angel sent by God. Which is true, nobody knows.
  • the excitement is back

the bottom line is, ever since edward james olmos came back, the show has been strong, and this just keeps the flow of it. I'havent been too fond of the whole splitting the fleet storyline and the way they are pitting the politicians against military in this season differently from last season. So I am glad that it seems like they are putting an end to that nonsense. The only other intriguing part is whos side grace park is on, and whats going to happen when her child and the other children are born.
  • If this show were a novel series, then this episode would be the end of book one. It would conclude enough of the essential storylines to finish the novel, and leave other storylines to sell the next installment of the book. Great book! Now, when does the

Baltar is crazy. There is no cylon chip in his head and even if there were, he would still be crazy. He has the cylon detector and he knows it works. Why doesn't he surround himself with people he knows to be human? How could he continue to live with himself knowing he was responsible for the deaths of all the colonists? He is a grade A nut. That is why he is so interesting.
    Adama takes a turn for the sentimental here, and it is long overdue. He has finally realized that he is in charge of what is left of humanity. Keeping everyone together has to take precedence over military rules. It is a brave new world and he finally seems to be aware of it.
    Part of this new reality is the acknowlegement of religion in the new society. Whether they believe or not at this point is irrelevant. They are following ancient scriptures. Or are they? Isn't this all too much like a cylon trap for comfort? Why did the cylons allow all these people to come to Kobol? why did they remove all their forces from the planet if they knew its imporatance?
    It is a great episode and answers many questions. However, there are still plenty of questions left. If they can continue to keep this strung out over a few seasons, this show could be in the running for the greatest sci fi show of all time.
  • Adama decides to put the fleet back together. Rosalind and her team make an exciting discovery.

This episode seems to be something the creators of this show have had in mind from the very beginning. The concept of Earth and the twelve colonies has been talked about off and on for episodes now, and this episode definitively spells out what Earth is and what the twelve colonies represent. Apt viewers could have guessed what is revealed long ago, but it is nice to have the show finally admit what it has been hinting at. Also, as one story comes to an end, it seems it is simply a shove-off point for the continuing storyline... find Earth. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems and the arrow of Apollo is not the answer to all of the fleet's problems. I like that. Also, the "crazy" Doctor's affliction is dealt with and the nature of his visions is defined a little more narrowly. The beauty of this show is that there are constant glimpses at a greater concept... we're simply left in the dark as to the whole picture. This is good for it keeps us tuning in for more, and wondering where the Cylons and humans fit into the history of Earth and the future of society.
  • Plot arcs end, but the story is still only beginning...

Before the second season aired, Ron Moore made an interesting comment. Essentially, he commented that the first season should have been 20 episodes (at the very least), and that as a result, the first third of the second season would play out as if it were the rest of the first season. I have to say that I completely agree. As much as the first season finale ended things on a high note, it was really the end of a complication phase of a much larger arc; this season has been all about the resolution of everything that happened in “Kobol’s Last Gleaming”.

A ton of plot threads reach their momentary end in this episode. On the plot side of the fence, there’s the culmination of the search for the Tomb of Athena. I find it interesting that the writers kept all these pieces in the air without really knowing how it would play out, beyond some general sense of direction. For all that doubt regarding how the puzzle would come together, it works very well.

There are issues, of course, and the writers admit it. There’s not one spot on Earth where a person could look up and see all 12 classical Zodiac constellations at the exact same time, at the same basic declination in the sky. But that’s hardly the point. The point is that Earth is the planet where the constellations would, when seen from that point in space, look as they do in the hologram. From that perspective, it works.

I do wonder, however, how this was supposed to make sense. Earth is supposed to be the lost 13th colony. So how would the constellations, as seen from Earth, end up on Kobol? Was Earth once still in contact with the homeworld, before things all fell apart? I can’t remember if that was established in the mini-series or the first season, but it struck me as a possible continuity issue. (I’ll be pleased if someone can correct me if I’m wrong, since I can’t seem to find the information right now.)

It’s incidental, however, because it gives them a general direction, without promising that the journey will be successful. After all, Boomer made it very clear that the Cylons know all about the scriptures and prophecies of the Colonists, perhaps even better than the Colonists do (not hard to imagine). Sounds to me like the Cylons might have taken the search for Earth into account after all.

There’s been plenty of evidence to suggest that the Cylons wanted to keep some small population around, and that they’ve avoided the deathblow that would wipe the Colonists out. Certainly their resources should be big enough by now! So why let the Colonists get this far, beyond the breeding experiments? What if the Cylons are using the Colonists to locate Earth? After all, the Colonists want to end the human race, and Earth would have humans on it (or so one would assume). So wouldn’t the Cylons want to wipe those humans out, too?

Six mentioned to Baltar that he was meant to lead humanity to Earth, but that he would be the last to survive. That would fit into this “Cylons want to wipe out Earth” theory rather well. A lot of what Six does in this episode is about breaking down Baltar’s growing resistance to her influence, ensuring that he can continue to act on their behalf, the ultimate sleeper agent. (It is wrong to think that Tricia actually looks even more attractive in civvies?)

Character is key in storytelling, and as usual, Adama and Roslyn provide some wonderful fireworks in the dramatic arena. They finally come to an understanding, and the human race is all the better for it. The challenge, of course, will be dealing with the rifts within the population that the two of them initially created and fostered. Adama’s emotionalism and Roslyn’s faux-religious stance could very well undermine their authority, once the masses begin to question it.

A lot of agendas are left unspoken and unrevealed. Who knows what Boomer is up to? Would Helo follow her into the fire, if her agenda is still aligned with her people? I like Boomer (and lust for Grace Park), so I hope that she sticks around and turns out to be a human sympathizer. Even so, I loved Adama’s reaction to her presence, and how it’s going to twist the knife in the gut of Galactica’s crew for her to be there. And then there’s Zarek, who seems to be gaining more sympathetic character traits by the minute.

Part of me is worried that a less serialized run of episodes will follow, and that some of the momentum of excellence will be lost in the process. I have faith in the writers, but the weakest episodes of the first season were more self-contained. While some might have found this two-part story to be stretched thin (and it was, according to the producers and writers), I reveled in the chance to see more in-depth character development. Hopefully, with the true beginning of the second season, we’ll see that continue.
  • This is the required episode to bring many stories back into just a few.

So now the Net is swirling. Is Gauis a Cylon or not? He definitely doesn't have a chip in his head that the scanner can see. So, is 6 part of him or is she communicating with him some other way? Time will tell, but it better be soon.

This is the episode that they used to bring many stories back to a few. Now they "know" where Earth is (I don't remember being able to see what that saw from anywhere on Earth mind you) so now the journey is to there. At least we're not stuck in one place, as we have been for most of this season.

Sharon has her new hubby, while showing that she can fake feelings still for the Chief. Anyone else notice a little issue? How did Tom's man, Meier, know that they had killed Sharon on BSG? Also, she lied in stating she didn't know what it was like to shoot the Adama, and then shows she has full knowledge when she whispered to Adama.
  • This series is so good! I just hate the wait for the next episode. I'm on the edge of my seat whenever theres a fight or some disagreement. Excellent camera work and the story writing is just so well done.

I loved the way that Dee spoke to Adama in the last episode and he adventually came around and decided to goto Kobol to get the fleet back together.
    When they took the raptor and jumped to Kobol I thought he would get the president arrested and that would be it. However he listened to her and he ended up believing in her and that they would find the tomb. Brilliant story and very well written. I've yet to see a bad episode. Excellent acting from everyone involved and I just can't wait to see the next one.
    Keep it up. Good Job.
  • Superb example of how intelligent SF can be done right; suspense, drama, character development - it all clicked - and without a space batte in sight!

After a cliffhanger beginning and a relatively weak first few episodes of Season 2, this series is picking up so much not only steam but "serious points" that it is steadily becoming one of the best SF series ever done.
    Without putting too much emphasis on the timeline of this episode, let's just mention a few instances which cement its greatness; No.6 as Starbuck is pure GOLD. This variance makes this self-proclaimed angel (of death, it seems) seem even more fresh, if that's possible. The drama part wasn't overplayed - the plot eased along, not making it difficult to follow, but not losing its credibility - parallel trip on Cobol/figuring the position of the party was well done.
    Finally, the two cliffhangers: Boomer turning on the traitor and the actual starmap pointing to Earth were beautifully done.
    There was nothing to signal the first point, while the second (starmap)only strengthens the already brilliantly done notion of combining religion, the zodiac and the history of our race.
    And the forebearance of things to come?
    When the cromagnon killed off the neanderthal, it was a logical chain of events, and an extremeny violent one, no doubt.
    The cylon/human offspring may be just that - and as much as cylons may be percieved as the evil ones in the series, the moronity of the human race, the thirst for power, the great divide found even between the last 50000 survivors of an entire race makes that point moot at best.
    Absolutely prescious series, at this point worth every minute of your time.
  • As the series moves forward, Galactica and its crew come another step closer towards finding earth. This episode is lack lustre of the typical special effects of other episodes that make BSG the best SciFi series on cable. The episode continues to define

This episode is one of the more low budget of the series as the writers seemed to focus on locating the map to earth through filming the majority of the episode in the dense green forest. A dud for those of us that live for the special effects this series has become synonimous for. The characters continue to individually define their acceptence of Sharon as a Cylon. The plot moves to suspense when Adama confronts another Sharon Cylon clone and an assasination attempt turns to a surprising outcome. This episode fits neatly into the series story line and answers the speculation of fact or fiction - does earth really exist and how do they find it, and where does the series go from here.
  • Another extraordinary example of how modern Ron Moore SciFi exceeds all expectations and breaks new ground of superior story telling.

I'll admit I was taken aside and though I was really "into" thew show up to the point when Sharon was telling Halo to trust her. I felt at that moment that the show was about to take a slide into a bad area and I feared the end results. I however didn't believe that Ron would do this and that somehow he would pull a rabbit out of his hat. Sure nuff, he did just that. I was delighted that things turned out, as they should. Sharon showed her colors and continued her good nature. I honestly feel for this girl. I know, leave that chance for disappointment but in good faith I believe she will become the "boomer" we all knew and loved and not the Cylon doomer. Anyway... Bravo to Ron and the rest of the writing staff. The Arc closes and Xena arrives in 2 weeks.
  • they found the tomb of athena, and understand why they needed the arrow.

this was a great ep that shows exactly why this series is different from its 1970's counter part, the story included people who were not in the orginal plot, and the development of different and new interactions between people that up this this point in the series had made up there mind and disided what there stance was on all of this. i feel this is a must see ep even if you never saw the first part.