Battlestar Galactica

Home, Part 2

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 26, 2005 on Syfy

• To the End of the Human Race

I'm not quite sure how to feel. One one hand, we know that the series has a definite destination in mind, but on the other, I have some pretty strong feelings about the human race and the end therof. We'll just have to see, Ms-I'm-an-angel-of-God. You couldn't even predict where a baby would be born.

This episode moved a little quicker than the last one, but it still had time to slow down for some poignant moments. The entire reunion scene was rather lovely - Apollo's shock and Starbuck's guilt when they see the Commander again, Adama's reaction to seeing Sharon (and just how did she know what was said to her double's corpse?) and yet another perfectly played scene between Commander and President.

I suppose I have to wonder what I would do if the person who shot me just turned up after they had been killed. I suppose Adama had the right idea. Forgiveness is pretty easy to talk about, but a little harder to put into practice. Of course, seeing where the relationship between those two has gone, it's easy to overlook the decision Bill was faced with, but there it was: kill the thing or follow it to gods know where.

And how did Baltar manage to get away with being so funny? Didn't anyone tell him that serious things are going on? I had thought killing Crashdown made him a man or something; looks like I was wrong.