Battlestar Galactica

Home, Part 2

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 26, 2005 on Syfy

• A price of blood.

I wasn't digging Baltar's story line(a rare miss), because as Baltar even pointed out himself, it felt like it had all been done before. He doubts Six and her beliefs and she comes up with a punishment/lesson for him to endure. And while that is exactly what happened, it was worth it as it finished up with an incredible scene and a nice spot of dialogue.

Baltar: "Then who...or what are you exactly?"
    Six: "I'm an angel of God sent here to protect you. To guide you and to love you."
    Baltar: "To what end?"
    Six: "To the end of the human race."

I liked Sharon's scene with Helo, as they made camp for the night on Kobol, where in she explained how vivid her memories of her life on board Galactica are. It was interesting how even she herself thought it was odd, even though she knows she's a Cylon, as if she is trying to come to terms with exactly what she is. It also helped setup what was probably her best line to date, "And you ask why", made even better by her raspy voiced delivery that came from Adama choking her. I also thought her plan for self preservation was well written and pulled off convincingly(plus I love COP .357 Derringers so that was a nice little bonus).

I was hoping Adama would bring along a portable cell for Roslin(especially after her, "I didn't ask for your forgiveness" line), but deep down I knew it had to go down the way it did. Even I can set aside my petty dislikes for the good of the fleet, and the fleet needs a president. Adama's reunion with Apollo was emotional, but I think his moment with Starbuck was better. The way she kept her eyes downcast, unable to make keep eye contact with Adama, was really moving.

I feel like I should comment on the prophecies/quest for Earth storyline as I haven't yet and this episode saw a major development in it. It's lead to some good storylines(most of this season really), but the scenes directly concerning the prophecy and Earth don't really grab me. I mean the scene during this episode in the Tomb of Athena was pretty damn intriguing but it was also payoff for a long buildup. I don't know, I keep wanting to hear the Cylons' view on the whole thing. As has been revealed they obviously have an interest in the prophecies. But is it just to find Earth so they can wipe out the legendary thirteenth colony?(with Six's comments in this episode it wouldn't surprise me) Or does their God have something planed for them concerning Earth? I guess I just need patience.

Best episode since Resistance.